The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I Divorced My Life

Anything related to matters of the mind

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
NOT my Wife !

I've been away from the Forum for a couple months for a few reasons.

- I found myself spending too much time here when I should have been working on my own stuff.
- I lost a bit of motivation to be here since I'm not an INSIDERS anymore. Money is very, very tight because every dollar I earn, I invest in making more dollars. I encourage everyone to get an INSIDERS Membership and I will when the time is right.
- I needed time for reflection, focus, and to decide exactly what I wanted.

You know when you interview for a job, one of the things you and the interviewer are looking for is a "Good fit"...like a marriage right ? :eek: I mean...you will be spending a LOT of time together. Well... The work you do...your friends...your associates...the places you go...where you live...all these things need to be a "Good fit" with you too.

There were things in my life that were a bad fit for me. After a couple months of reflection and thinking, I decided to get a Divorce from my life. :wideyed:

I dumped the business I started. It wasn't working but even if it was, I would have stopped anyway because I despised the industry I was catering to. It didn't really hit me until the first day I was out promoting my business and I had to interact with people in the industry. I cringed each time I went out to promote. I thought once I had some success I would feel differently. I didn't. I was miserable.

I dumped people I knew. :bored:Most of the people my Wife and I knew were not a good fit for either of us so we started looking for the same type of people as are here.
We visited a wine store where my Sister-in-Law works. It's a very nice place where you can sit, sample wine, buy a glass or bring in your own and talk with people. I figured the more educated, worldly types visited wine shops.

It was amazing ! Our first visit, I met a guy who was a consultant for startups ! :woot:Go figure ! We had a LOT to talk about. Smart dude. I also had great conversation with the owner. This will be a once/week outing.

I edited my Contacts. I deleted most of the people that have the slowlane mentality....it was extensive. I deleted the people in my Professional Contacts who I just didn't like.:mooned:

I found what I love to do. :D I don't know why...but I was always afraid to admit how much I truly love helping people. I know B & M business owners and internet based business owners. I love talking with them, brainstorming, and helping them any way I can. I like helping people in general..strangers. ie. A little old lady who really couldn't reach up on the grocery store shelf for what she wanted...I got it. (True).

Because of this forum, I know I can reap the financial rewards for helping and serving others.
Welp....back to work.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Glad you're back at it!

Welcome back.

Mike.B

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Oct 27, 2011
Ohio
I can totally relate. I've been able to separate from everything except my negative attitude, which is a constant struggle.

I'm glad to see you're on a new, hopefully better, path. I hope it works out well for you!

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Thanks @MoneyDoc...glad to be back and contributing. Life is good.
@Mike.B ... it's challenging for sure. Takes practice. Look for all the positive things. Forget about the bad stuff.
One thing I do first thing when I wake up in the morning, before I fall out of bed is think about all I have that I'm thankful for. It helps.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome back...

I cringed each time I went out to promote. I thought once I had some success I would feel differently. I didn't. I was miserable.

Funny how that works. Receiving money for your efforts is nice, but if it conflicts with your values, there will be friction.

I'm happy to say that someone has donated a 3mo INSIDERS Subscription to your cause. Not sure if he/she wants to be mentioned, so I will leave that up to them. :)

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Welcome back...

Funny how that works. Receiving money for your efforts is nice, but if it conflicts with your values, there will be friction.

I'm happy to say that someone has donated a 3mo INSIDERS Subscription to your cause. Not sure if he/she wants to be mentioned, so I will leave that up to them. :)

Wow...shit ! That is so thoughtful and gracious ! I'm at a loss for words....doesn't happen often...I usually have a LOT to say.
THANK YOU to whoever did this.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.