The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Project Amazon- My eBook Journey

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...
G

GuestUser116

Note- If anyone here purchased one of my books and liked it, leave a customer review; I'd appreciate it.

"Hollywood Physique" is up. (link)

G

GuestUser116

Hollywood Physique and Skinny Dude's Guide to an Athletic Body are free for the day.

Jakeeck

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 24, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
Downloaded your skinny dudes guide to scope out. Flipped through it a bit and the formatting is pretty bad and there were at least 5-6 spelling and grammar errors I saw.

The content isn't that bad, but it seems like there's no structure or order to the book. Honestly, it looks like you're just throwing books together as fast as you can with little quality control.

Just a quick critique for ya.. not trying to hate. You've gotten some sales so you're off to a good start.

Edit: Actually the content is pretty bad, just being honest. In the myths portion you've got this.

You say something like myth #2 is that you must eat 6 meals a day because it boosts your metabolism.

Your rebuttal is: it slows down your metabolism and makes you fat.

and that's it.

No evidence, no explanation, nothing. I'd ask for a refund if I were a customer.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
I took a different approach, as I see you made a skinny guide also. I just published a book called A Skinny Bastards Guide To Getting Jacked. We are going for the same goal, but mine has a twist, as I call you a skinny bastard in the book and it has some comedy elements put in. Should be interesting to see how each of our books sell and if it's better to focus on pure information or to add comedy elements into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jakeeck

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 24, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
What kind of order did you expect? It's broken down into chapters; easy and simple.

What are the spelling/grammar errors?

I mean that it jumps from point to point with no transitions or lead-ins.

I'm not looking at it anymore but off the top of my head I remember seeing "muscles adopting" instead of adapting 2x, and I remember seeing feasting window when you meant fasting window.

Your sentence flow is kind of weak as well. You make a quick point, and end the sentence, making another quick point, end the sentence. It feels like a bunch of abrupt stops while reading it.

G

GuestUser116

Your sentence flow is kind of weak as well. You make a quick point, and end the sentence, making another quick point, end the sentence. It feels like a bunch of abrupt stops while reading it.
It's not a F*cking poem, it provides the info you need cut straight without all the bs studies and stories.

The Myth Buster chapter could be taken out of the book and it won't make a difference, it's just something additional I added to make the book longer.

G

GuestUser116

I took a different approach, as I see you made a skinny guide also. I just published a book called A Skinny Bastards Guide To Getting Jacked. We are going for the same goal, but mine has a twist, as I call you a skinny bastard in the book and it has some comedy elements put in. Should be interesting to see how each of our books sell and if it's better to focus on pure information or to add comedy elements into it.

Post a link.

How are the sales on the first book?

Jakeeck

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 24, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
It's not a F*cking poem, it provides the info you need cut straight without all the bs studies and stories.

The Myth Buster chapter could be taken out of the book and it won't make a difference, it's just something additional I added to make the book longer.

So you don't want advice, you just want people to tell you how great your books are? And you add content to your book that doesn't make a difference just to make it longer?

Good luck.

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
I'll post a link once I get home, I'm on mobile right now. The book is under a pen name.

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
No disrespect Glacier, but pointing out flaws is great criticism.

Jakeeck

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 24, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
You're just pointing out the flaws. If you mean to give me advice, take a paragraph from my book, rephrase it, and add flow to the sentences.

I'm pointing out things that need to be improved.

I don't have your book on my kindle anymore, but you're ignoring my other more important points completely. The content part is the most important and the grammar and spelling mistakes costs you your credibility imo. I understand you want your books to be longer, but you basically admitted yourself that the mythbuster part "doesn't make a difference," which means it doesn't add any value to the reader. Why would you end your book on something that doesn't matter or that is more poorly written than the rest of the book? That's a bad last impression guaranteed to turn off a reader from buying your other books.

I like the part where you state that a person should build a good strength base before worrying about the little stuff like isolation exercises, but then you go on to say you should use 15-25 reps to get a lean and shredded physique? Do you actually train that way? That isn't how getting shredded works and it makes me feel like you are trying to put something "different" in the book to readers who don't know any better. Seems gimmicky. Anyone who has any kind of lifting knowledge would put the book down right away. It feels like a slap in the face. My overall point is that it doesn't seem like you are trying to give people actual value and is written in a way that gives me a black hat kind of vibe.

Just my .02

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
15-25 reps :O no. Just no. How often do you lift OP. I'm guessing we are around the same age? I'm 19, I've been lifting hard close to 3-4 years, study bodybuilding forums and stuff like that if your going to write books on fitness topics. High rep range is usually considered 12, if you want to get lean and toned you don't add more reps, you cut calories. If your doing 25 reps a set your weight is way to light and you need to up the weight.

G

GuestUser116

How often do you lift
6 days a week.

study bodybuilding forums and stuff like that
Serious?

If your doing 25 reps a set your weight is way to light and you need to up the weight.
I have an unorthodox approach to training and it's working for me. Read Serge Nubret's training principle, he's an old school bodybuilder that used light weights with 20+ reps and he looks better than most of today's bodybuilders.

G

GuestUser116

I like the part where you state that a person should build a good strength base before worrying about the little stuff like isolation exercises, but then you go on to say you should use 15-25 reps to get a lean and shredded physique? Do you actually train that way? That isn't how getting shredded works
Stop being so ignorant; there's more than one way to get "shredded"

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
I'm also done. Glacier, you can not take criticism. I went from 155lbs to 200lbs while maintaining low body fat by doing layne nortons PHAT hypertrophy advanced lifting split as well as making my own split. Good luck. There are tons of ways to accomplish your goal, stating that doing 15-25 reps is THE way for a specific goal is false.

Last edited:

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Alright I'll be the bigger man, I'm outta this thread.

Me too.

@Chase Bristow , I have a fitness book I sell on Amazon and my own site for $35 or $75. I make about $1k/month from it and had only put in a couple months of work. If you're interested in getting a start on fitness books I would be happy to help.

OP seems to think he is bigger than he is.

@Jakeeck , great advice in this thread.

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
Me too.

@Chase Bristow , I have a fitness book I sell on Amazon and my own site for $35 or $75. I make about $1k/month from it and had only put in a couple months of work. If you're interested in getting a start on fitness books I would be happy to help.

OP seems to think he is bigger than he is.

@Jakeeck , great advice in this thread.

I'll be messaging you sometime today, thanks!

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
Where the F*ck did you get that? I said start with low rep strength training to set a foundation, THEN go into high rep training.
High rep training generally doesn't exceed 12-15 reps, 25 is laughable lmao.

G

GuestUser116

High rep training generally doesn't exceed 12-15 reps, 25 is laughable lmao.

Tell that to Serge Nubret and other bodybuilders of Arnold's time.

tumblr_m8ufvjBadg1rt4t8do1_400.jpg

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
Tell that to Serge Nubret and other bodybuilders of Arnold's time.
He ate above maintenance level calories and was on roids...lol I'm waiting for you to tell me he was all natural.

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
well that escalted quickly. lots of roid rage in here :cool:
That's what happens when someone gets mad when people are trying to help. Meh, more money for me \[emoji51]/

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.