The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Gave away a fastlane as a present

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
I had a great idea for a fastlane biz a few months ago in the manufacturing space.
I did due diligence on it and set up all the parts and pieces of it in some spare time.
What I did with it is really interesting.

It was and is at a point where a single employee can do the jobs I need. I knew a guy that could do it that was a close friend. I decided what the hell, he needs a break, so I offered him a chance to earn a percentage in the business, and basically he can if he works hard earn a full 50%.

The thing is, I'm really happy with how this is playing out. My generous offer has basically in his words "given him hope", and whilst I don't pay him until we start making our profits, he looks at the job as his chance for freedom.

He's been quite creative and two heads has been better than one in getting a lot of the crucial details done. He's allowed my idea, that I can't spend a lot of time on due to other commitments to really turn into what is starting to look like a pearl much quicker than had I not given him the offer.

I did it as a friend cuz I know he needs a way to gain credibility as a businessman, and as far as I'm concerned if this job allows him to work for himself in the coming months and allows him to scale something, I think that for an offhand top of my head idea, it has really paid off.

I love the feeling that I gave someone freedom, while, giving myself an opportunity to make money too. Its win-win.
If he pulls it off under my guidance, I'll just be laughing, because... wow... I won't even have to work 4 hours a month xD

I barely work now, but if it works I'll be able to fly around and do whatever I like :D.
Hope goes both ways it seems.

Think of how you can help others and you might just recieve the same help in return.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Berters

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Dec 20, 2013
UK
Ooh that sounds exciting! It's awesome that you have managed to help someone out in such a way, keep us updated on how it goes!

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
That was really kind of you. Hope it continues to grow.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime:D. Awesome stuff man.

Got a report from him just now and you wouldn't believe how hard he is pushing it!
It is magic, he tells me "mediocre news", about how he is struggling and then gathering his wits and then pushing back at it and how its changing him to always push more.
I am just slyly sitting back thinking, "this will work out very nicely", this task doesn't even need that much push, but I think its great that he is sharpening his skills through it cuz that just makes it even more likely we are both going to get a sweet return.

I just love watchin him come alive, he will be great for future ventures if he pulls out all the stops for this. This is really helping him, its like I got him just at the right timing and he is off and at it like a cheetah.

images

He's going all braveheart
And that is way beyond anything I could have done for this product.
He'll probably make his 50%

When someone cares, when its real freedom infront of them, something VERY different happens.
I feel really proud I gave him this shot, and I think by doing so I just upped my chances of biz success too. Its inspiring to watch.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.