The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Subway, 7-11, indian restaurants

Goobii

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 29, 2011
AUS
"They" say that is why you shouldn't fight the torrents, LOL. I'm pretty sure that 90% of my international readership comes from the torrents since the book is so hard to come by outside of the US.

Do I like it the theft?

No.

But I believe people who read it will both like the content and be able to decipher that I'm not selling a $5K seminar or a 10 disc CD set for $977. That generates actual sales.

Thank you for buying the book.
I too am guilty of stealing your book from torrents.. however after reading it, I purchased it through Amazon.. not once, but 5 times to pay it forward to friends & family! :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Goobii

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 29, 2011
AUS
I'm a franchisee of a fast-food chain here in Oz.
There isn't a day that doesn't go by that I don't tell myself that this isn't the fastlane. What it does do however, is allow me to be hungrier to be in the fastlane. It provides me with the necessary cashflow to funnel to other sources that can be fastlane.
I purchased an underperforming store & in the past 10 months have already increased sales by 8%, whereas everyone else in the network is in negative territory.
As what Carrie mentioned, multi-store operators can be successful - all depends on the team around you & how well you manage your time between the stores.
I personally don't want to get into another store - the overheads, the royalties and other drama are not worth the return that you end up with.
@Dilshad - as a fellow Indian, there are plenty of opportunities to cater for even within India itself. Like alot of the thread's here, listen to your friends, people and businesses around you about their problems and how you can help them with an idea that can be a fastlane business.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
But I believe people who read it will both like the content and be able to decipher that I'm not selling a $5K seminar or a 10 disc CD set for $977. That generates actual sales.

I got my copy from a used book sale for basically free. I lurked on the forum for a few weeks, then joined, then joined INSIDERS. It's proof of concept of the notion that value creation effortlessly drives sales. At each stage, from page one, to lurking, to joining, to becoming an INSIDERS, I kept asking myself "is this a waste of time? Is it bullshit?" At each stage, I got more value. The clincher was when we were talking about starting a website and not securing the unique one-word .com, I asked a question, and you answered it in about 30 minutes. I got immediate, practical, no-nonsense guidance from a guy preaching about how to make millions, rather than just an invitation to send the goo-roo another check. I signed up for INSIDERS immediately. TMF is the only subscription service I pay for that is not essential for life (utilities, phone, internet) or for making money (domain hosting, software licenses), and it is absolutely the only website I have ever paid for.

5holiday

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jun 7, 2012
lots of negative feedback here, along the lines of "owning a franchise = slow lane, lol read the book" (and you should read the book!)

...and two responses from people who know franchisesees who are doing well.

I love this forum and its a great place especially because of the experienced members who generously provide insight in eCommerce and other areas. But haven't we become more close minded over time? Call me cynical, but I wonder if we would react differently if there was a thread on here called "I've made millions from owning franchises, AMA" thread for us all to think as highly of franchising as we do ecom/others.

Just for fun http://www.topiama.com/r/2792/i-just-sold-my-mcdonalds-that-i-build-and-owned

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.