The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Insufficient funds.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
I scrounged 16k together fairly quickly.

I had 2 options.

1 - Line of Credit (last resort)
2 - Father

Ultimately my father loaned me the cash after I proved to him the work I've done over the year, and the ad testing I did.

In the end, he actually asked me if I needed money, I never asked him. He offered, because I proved to him I was serious and put the work in. And he didnt want me paying interest on something he could somewhat easily provide.

15k shouldn't be to hard to attain.

If the market potential is what you say it is, why not get a Line of Credit?

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Im not looking for the answers to just be given to me because im lazy. Im seeking answers because there are so many of them. This isnt my first rodeo and i dont need my hand held. I have contributed to this forum, and I have held peoples hands. I just dont understand why nobody gets on anybody elses case when they ask questions, but when I ask an innocent question I get chastised? And yes i know that a loan at 6% is better than 22% :)
We get on everyone's case. Especially those that are in your spot and trying to let the excuses slow them down. That is one of the great things about this community. We speak from experience and are trying to help push you through the tough spots.

This isn't some sidewalker community where they tell you all the reasons it can't work and their uncle bob lost all he had and so and so couldn't do it. If you notice, most comments are positive on the idea and not accepting of you hiding behind excuses.

Now go get something done and report back. Start a $0 to $15k progress thread. Or start a 'how to get an angel to invest' thread. We'll all follow and try to help as best we can.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
There you go! Listen to some Eminem Lose Yourself and write the best pitch of your life.....

You only have 30 seconds. So cut the stuff about the size of the market and get down to what value this provides and why someone would want it...... throw in some margins and scalability ...... and let it roll!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

parkerscott

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Dec 4, 2013
It appeared in my FB feed yesterday

Oh lol I was looking on twitter. Thats the reason I couldnt find it :p I ran a google search too, and I think he has done it once before. Thank you for bringing it to my attention as well. It wouldnt hurt to try other than getting a new phone (free upgrade)

edit: He has a few pages. I found the one you saw but it wasnt a verified page.

G

Guest12120

Maybe you're right. Good job on verifying it. Interesting fact that the FB page that was used to post this info is followed by more people that verified one has fans.

parkerscott

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Dec 4, 2013
Maybe you're right. Good job on verifying it. Interesting fact that the FB page that was used to post this info is followed by more people that verified one has fans.

Yeah, something didnt seem right so I did a little investigating. If my theory is correct, that is pretty scummy of that person to do.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
my friend pitched Mark 4 days ago... he exchanged a few lines with him and Mark said he had a similar biz already. It was through that app I believe.

parkerscott

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Dec 4, 2013
my friend pitched Mark 4 days ago... he exchanged a few lines with him and Mark said he had a similar biz already. It was through that app I believe.

Do you know if it was blogmaverick mark or if it was askmark mark? Your friend could have had his idea snatched up by some scumbag.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Doesn't matter...it's all in the execution and my friend is smart enough to never give away the secret sauce :D

parkerscott

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Dec 4, 2013
If you can't raise $15k, how am I to trust that you're analysis of $100's of millions/billions is anywhere in the vicinity of realistic?

I never said i couldnt raise 15k, I asked what the best way would be. Theres a big difference. I havent spoken to any investors either. I did a random poll, and 60% of the people said they would use what im planning on making so the conversion seems decent. Also the market is controlled by one company, and they dont offer anything close to what I offer.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
I never said i couldnt raise 15k, I asked what the best way would be. Theres a big difference. I havent spoken to any investors either. I did a random poll, and 60% of the people said they would use what im planning on making so the conversion seems decent. Also the market is controlled by one company, and they dont offer anything close to what I offer.
That being said, I would raise the money in the quickest, quietest, most in control manner that I could. Screw the costs, within reason.
I'm sensing that you feel that you only need the money and not much, if any, other help. Hench my answer.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
How can i get a business off the ground? Internet business i mean.. i am 18 and i really want to get a business started before i finish from the university and chase my entrepreneurial dreams fully.... any advice would be greatly appreciated for a nigerian like me. I just have no idea of any online business i can do.. i feel that theres so much competition in many niches and e-commerce sites too... i have passion for soccer though but competition all the same. I saw a quote from Rockefeller and he was like, "competition is sin" and it has really been in my mindset. Is that quote worth adhering to? Is it even possible to run something profitable with $100 or less?

Are you spamming us?

parkerscott

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Dec 4, 2013
Well back to the drawing board. It appears that I will have to find another legal loophole to make it work. :/

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.