The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Show Me Yours and I Will Show You Mine

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

PeeVee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Dec 17, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
A few minutes ago my Senior Vice President of my slowlane job came into my office and asked me a few questions about my business venture. He knows of my business because I have my notice. Anyways he wanted to know what it was exactly and this is the third time he had asked so I said F*ck it I will tell him. I am not afraid of him steeling my idea. He was pretty intrigued and asked a lot of questions.

It turns out I am glad I did. He shared with me that he owns a business as an absentee owner and we talked about the ups and downs and some hard times he faced with regulators in the state where the business is located. He discussed how competitors of his shut down in the face of adversity but that they stuck it out and got really innovative. He even shared that he thinks he is at a point where he can leave his job because the business is doing great. He talked about the stock market and lack of control. I almost asked him if he had read TMF . LOL

I had no idea that he owned a business. I had a lot of learning a from the discussion and he had some as well.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
This forum is going after WarriorForum model with these junk titles. Please stop this shit.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
A few minutes ago my Senior Vice President of my slowlane job came into my office and asked me a few questions about my business venture. He knows of my business because I have my notice. Anyways he wanted to know what it was exactly and this is the third time he had asked so I said F*ck it I will tell him. I am not afraid of him steeling my idea. He was pretty intrigued and asked a lot of questions.

It turns out I am glad I did. He shared with me that he owns a business as an absentee owner and we talked about the ups and downs and some hard times he faced with regulators in the state where the business is located. He discussed how competitors of his shut down in the face of adversity but that they stuck it out and got really innovative. He even shared that he thinks he is at a point where he can leave his job because the business is doing great. He talked about the stock market and lack of control. I almost asked him if he had read TMF . LOL

I had no idea that he owned a business. I had a lot of learning a from the discussion and he had some as well.
Did you invite him here?

PeeVee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Dec 17, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
This forum is going after WarriorForum model with these junk titles. Please stop this shit.
That probably deserves it's own post.

Not that I owe an explanation for the title but I came up with the title cause that's what the interaction felt like.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Franky Neizer

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
May 18, 2014
Accra
@PeeVee Very interesting post and topic. Like you I'm quite protective of my business ideas especially sharing it with other entrepreneurs 'smart minds', thinking it will be stolen or they will discourage me after hearing the concept. It's good you shared it with your Vice and he also shared his with you and gave you some advice.

Thinking of doing same with someone within my circle...

Bartez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Jul 30, 2014
Poland, EU
That is great to see, that people in business can also be helpfull, even for potential competition. Invite him here, I think, that friendship in business is possible, but only on specifical terms.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.