The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Oil and Gas Field?

ZCO62

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 1, 2013
Been working In the oil fields for a few months. Been trying to talk to as many people about different opportunities. Haven't quite came up with anything worth taking a risk on.
Anyone out there have a better idea than me in this industry? Any type of supply or service type businesses that aren't completely saturated?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
So you talked to everyone and no one has any issues or pain points?

Everyone can find good, quality help for less than they want to spend?
Everyone can get materials faster and cheaper than they want?
All schedules are on track and no setup could be managed better?

Time to expand your thinking and start asking different questions!

Hope

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jul 22, 2014
I don't know about oil and gas fastlane ideas, but I have seriously considered going to work as a wireline operator in north dakota for a year or so to fund some fastlane ventures.

I wish you the best of luck mate.

Lakeview

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 5, 2013
Texas
Look around, what piece of equipment must they have but they don't own?

Buy that equipment, get it where they are going to start production and be responsible for maintaining it for a hefty price. Get your money back in one year and the rest is profit.

There are opportunities, you just are thinking small.

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
Oklahoma is reporting a shortage of tanker trucks to move water, oil & condensate.

Buy mineral rights, or be a land guy and secure mineral leases and resell.

Jinxus

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jul 23, 2013
NYC
In a similar field as you.

Anything other than Fastlane once you've experienced this life seems terrible. Searching for Fastlane ideas in my field as well. Everything seems to require huge startup capital. Surely there are ways to sneak in between the cracks and get started, I've managed to do it with everything else in life with enough persistence.

You could give this guy a quick case study. Made millions from nothing in the oil field.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guma_Aguiar

Last edited:

BeingChewsie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Safety issues are always big in that industry. Saftey training, equipment operation, compliance training geared right to that market, online, low cost, available on mobile. There are people doing it, but it is a huge industry and I'm sure there pockets worth millions not being served.

It has been a while but if you search on Mixergy interviews there is an interview with a guy here in AZ who does exactly that. Might be worth a listen.

Good luck.

vinylawesome

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 11, 2012
Safety issues are always big in that industry. Saftey training, equipment operation, compliance training geared right to that market, online, low cost, available on mobile. There are people doing it, but it is a huge industry and I'm sure there pockets worth millions not being served.

It has been a while but if you search on Mixergy interviews there is an interview with a guy here in AZ who does exactly that. Might be worth a listen.

Good luck.

I think this is the interview you are referring to?

http://mixergy.com/interviews/devon-dickinson-safety-services-company-interview/

BeingChewsie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ

RoadTrip

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 27, 2012
I can also imagine that inspection is something that costs these companies money.

As an example, I have met some young guys here in NL who are doing wind mill inspections with drones which were otherwise done with helicopters. Imagine the cost savings for those energy companies. Also, less safety worries obviously

Just something you can use to broaden your vision. Hell, posting this gets even me thinking :)

ZCO62

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 1, 2013
I can also imagine that inspection is something that costs these companies money.

As an example, I have met some young guys here in NL who are doing wind mill inspections with drones which were otherwise done with helicopters. Imagine the cost savings for those energy companies. Also, less safety worries obviously

Just something you can use to broaden your vision. Hell, posting this gets even me thinking :)

I've heard of people doing that. Any idea what the company name is?

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
Been working In the oil fields for a few months. Been trying to talk to as many people about different opportunities. Haven't quite came up with anything WORTH taking a risk on.
Anyone out there have a better idea than me in this industry? Any type of supply or service type businesses that aren't completely saturated?
so tell us what is your criteria?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.