The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is this Fastlane? $700K/day. LOL.

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Yeezy

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jul 22, 2014
New Zealand
I wonder how much of that money makes it to Kim, considering she probably had a very small amount of input into the game you would hope it wasn't much.

twdavis

The Danger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jul 20, 2013
Yeah I saw this too. It's dumb on the surface but really smart if you think about it.

Talk about capitalizing on your mysteriously attained star power.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kyle Tully

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
362%
Jul 13, 2014
Sydney, Australia
I wonder how much of that money makes it to Kim, considering she probably had a very small amount of input into the game you would hope it wasn't much.

Input?

SHE is the product.

Her input is above 99%.

The same game without her name attached wouldn't even be making $7k a day.

Yeezy

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jul 22, 2014
New Zealand
Input?

SHE is the product.

Her input is above 99%.

The same game without her name attached wouldn't even be making $7k a day.

I should have looked up the game first. It is simply a re branding of a game by Glu games Inc. from 'Stardom: Hollywood" to 'Kim Kardashian: Hollywood', Which now probably sells so many millions more due to the endorsement.

Very clever

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
Eh more than likely publicity to make more money

Wouldn't be the first time companies have lied about income just to boost publicity

EDIT: Thought I mentioned it
What I was saying is she more than likely is it not pulling nothing near 700k a day
if anything I would say 50k or less

Kyle Tully

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
362%
Jul 13, 2014
Sydney, Australia
Eh more than likely publicity to make more money

Wouldn't be the first time companies have lied about income just to boost publicity

EDIT: Thought I mentioned it
What I was saying is she more than likely is it not pulling nothing near 700k a day
if anything I would say 50k or less

Well the app is ranked #4 in terms of revenue. (via http://applyzer.com/)

The guys who made #1 clash of clans did $892M in revenue and that game is estimated to make $1.2m per day.

Candy crush #2 does like 900k a day.

700k a day, especially on launch doesn't sound too unreasonable.

Think gaming estimates $300k a day for Kim -- http://thinkgaming.com/app-sales-data/8141/kim-kardashian-hollywood/

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
Well the app is ranked #4 in terms of revenue. (via http://applyzer.com/)

The guys who made #1 clash of clans did $892M in revenue and that game is estimated to make $1.2m per day.

Candy crush #2 does like 900k a day.

700k a day, especially on launch doesn't sound too unreasonable.

Think gaming estimates $300k a day for Kim -- http://thinkgaming.com/app-sales-data/8141/kim-kardashian-hollywood/
Well my mind has been blown
Didn't realize candy crush + clash of clans were making that much

AubreyJ

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Mar 26, 2014
Plano, TX
I always hear people giving her crap saying she is stupid and is only famous because of her sex tape, but I think Kim Kardashian is pretty impressive- between her show, her brand, her stores...etc. She is extremely smart and is a great business woman

Last edited:

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
Wow, major kudos for her!

It's things like this where I have trouble understanding the value people find in their purchases. This is a product of my personality being vastly different from that of someone who would spend money on virtual clothes...but it makes me wonder if I actually have the ability to truly assess what I could offer as valuable to millions of people.

That makes her achievements all that much more impressive to me. You have to respect someone who is able to build a brand around themselves so well! Donald Trump (who I don't care for) is another example of branding himself so well.

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
She does do the branding of her self very well but does any other of the male forumers on here sit baffled as to why their girlfriend/wife/sister etc sit and watch her show?

AubreyJ

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Mar 26, 2014
Plano, TX
She does do the branding of her self very well but does any other of the male forumers on here sit baffled as to why their girlfriend/wife/sister etc sit and watch her show?

As a female, I am sad to admit that I actually used to really like her show when I was younger (like 16 years old), but then I got older and came to the realization that pretty much the entire show is scripted, and I started to find it really annoying. I think something about mindless but somewhat entertaining television is very appealing to people, and the fact that this show is all about fame/fortune make it appealing to females- my sister loves crappy shows like Keeping up with the Kardashians because she can just mindlessly sit in front of the TV for hours and watch

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
As a female, I am sad to admit that I actually used to really like her show when I was younger (like 16 years old), but then I got older and came to the realization that pretty much the entire show is scripted, and I started to find it really annoying. I think something about mindless but somewhat entertaining television is very appealing to people, and the fact that this show is all about fame/fortune make it appealing to females- my sister loves crappy shows like Keeping up with the Kardashians because she can just mindlessly sit in front of the TV for hours and watch

Question for you: when you were interested in Kim Kardashian, were you able to spend money? In other words, if you were 16-18 and had this app, could you buy the virtual clothes and hair styles?

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
Question for you: when you were interested in Kim Kardashian, were you able to spend money? In other words, if you were 16-18 and had this app, could you buy the virtual clothes and hair styles?
There is girls and woman I know from 16-50 that watch this so im not going by age just baffles me. Fair enough we all want a insight of a better life but the show is terrible Iv probably seen 30 mins of it and she acted like a complete Moron

AubreyJ

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Mar 26, 2014
Plano, TX

Yes, I could have if I wanted to, but there is no way I would have. At that time, I had a job and I had a debit card, and so I could have spent money on apps, but I never did. Maybe I would have spent money on the app itself, like if it was like $.99 or $1.99 but never on in app purchases. I remember around the time that I was 16-18 years old, Farmville was really popular and I had so many friends that spent real money on farmville- my best friend spent like $200+ on the game, and I never understood it. In app purchases are such a gigantic waste of money in my opinion

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Preselection/Huge name + A game you can modify to purpose + Advisors = Workable

Its ok, but I have no illusions that she did anything other than talk about it

Makes a toooooooooooooooon
Shows you really can just force feed this stuff if you have the right combo of people and pull

Last edited:

sle3pyguii

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Aug 19, 2012
This unknown girl took a page out of someone else's book (her ex-bff Paris Hilton), tweaked a few things, and now she's a billion-dollar brand herself. That's some fastlane stuff right there.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

10% +\-

Magik

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Sep 23, 2013

Yeah, probably in the 10-20% range, maybe 25%. Who knows, she might have worked out a tiered deal.

One thing is for sure: now other celebs will follow with their own apps (like Miley). I'd like to say it's going to get interesting, but it will probably get more ridiculous than interesting.

jilla82

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jun 4, 2012
Chicago

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.