The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Keeping your head down in Success

Anything related to matters of the mind

Rcaraway1989

Rob C
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
470%
Mar 16, 2011
Austin, TX
How do you stay focused not when you're failing, but when you have days/weeks that are nothing but WIN?

I often find this is the most frequent time I lose my sense of discipline. Meditation becomes really hard because endorphins are racing through my head -- it's hard not to indulge in them.

Should I just celebrate? Take the day off and get it all out of my system, come back focused tomorrow? I'd love to hear if anyone has struggled with this and found a good system to manage it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bartez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Jul 30, 2014
Poland, EU
Well, I wish i could have same problems as yours :) Maybe I'm not rich, but in the past i was a success swimmer. I used to win most of my competitions and it was difficult to keep training so hard if I was the best anyway. But then I realized that I can be always better. That saved me from getting into success trap. I hope it will work for you.

mikekob

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Oct 29, 2013
Denver, CO
I love when that happens. I take that rush and apply the good energy towards tasks needing to be completed.

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
Make a routine if things are going great dont treat it like a special day or special week it is just another week. Grind until you get your big Target or new car/vacation or something.
Dont make the same mistake I done I used to make a target and once I hit it I got lazy instead of pushing on for more.

Rcaraway1989

Rob C
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
470%
Mar 16, 2011
Austin, TX
Make a routine if things are going great dont treat it like a special day or special week it is just another week. Grind until you get your big Target or new car/vacation or something.
Dont make the same mistake I done I used to make a target and once I hit it I got lazy instead of pushing on for more.

I think my problem is, that I do have a routine -- I don't intend to treat it special at all, but still with the looming feeling of success I have difficulty focusing. Maybe I should work on readjusting what success is like you said though.

BlokeInProgress

Business Building Warrior
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
Congrats on your winnings and successes! :)

Instead of containing it to myself (which I can't) I have a little celebration with the people I love most.

With some little successes I had, I don't brag about them but I celebrate it with my family or friends. I do something productive for me and for them to enjoy like, I cook for them (wanted to try cooking so this is my opportunity to learn...though hopefully they like it). It makes me appreciate my success and give back to others, making it more sweeter that I'd get so focused when I get back to work that I'd like to succeed even more so I can make more great or even better moments with them.

Hope it helps!

Yury

fancy slogan
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Dec 12, 2013
Rob it seems like your situation is somewhat similar to mine, it's like you can go watch a movie then lazily refresh the stats just to find that while you were watching the movie you've earned some $, so why bother doing something if you can go and lazily watch another movie :)

I felt like that when after a few difficult years (losing a great project and starting from the very bottom) I arrived to some more than modest but enough income that kept growing more or less on its own.

It was great to have a tiny break. But hey, I figure most of people on this forum are not as lazy as they think of themselves and they will get bored of doing nothing quite soon :) At least that was the case with me.

When your income is detached from your time you can do more or less anything, but somehow after that break I find myself even more busy with projects etc because I like it more than laying around. It's fun! And now you can afford to do stuff not just because of money, it's liberating. You can actually go and work on something more challenging, something that will solve more needs and provide more value.

Maybe I should work on readjusting what success is like you said though.
Yep well reading this forum alone gotta readjust most people's views on success lol.
Just with that readjusted view be careful not to become a money slave - though this forum offers some good anti-dots to that as well.

Rcaraway1989

Rob C
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
470%
Mar 16, 2011
Austin, TX
When your income is detached from your time you can do more or less anything, but somehow after that break I find myself even more busy with projects etc because I like it more than laying around. It's fun! And now you can afford to do stuff not just because of money, it's liberating. You can actually go and work on something more challenging, something that will solve more needs and provide more value

I agree. Since I've found monetary success (and began the transition from dev to hustler), I've actually been more productive (and better at doing the right things, 80/20 rule).

The example I can give is yesterday, I had lots of mini successes stack up. One example: for me being new to outsourcing, I was able to push a graphic designer to create a world class app icon, better than I thought he could make (I'm still an obsessive product person at heart), and I surprised myself with how effective I was able to communicate with him to produce such an incredible result. After kind of failing with my first outsource experiment (I'll dig into this more eventually), it was a huge win to get results that were BETTER than what I had expected.

With some little successes I had, I don't brag about them but I celebrate it with my family or friends. I do something productive for me and for them to enjoy like, I cook for them (wanted to try cooking so this is my opportunity to learn...though hopefully they like it). It makes me appreciate my success and give back to others, making it more sweeter that I'd get so focused when I get back to work that I'd like to succeed even more so I can make more great or even better moments with them.

I think this is the kind of thing I was looking to see -- that it's normal to celebrate just for a day -- hell for half a day. I'm glad you've shown me a way I can spread my success to those close in my life, too. Great idea.

Yury

fancy slogan
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Dec 12, 2013
I'm still an obsessive product person at heart
Oh well the platform's spirit kind of dictates that ;)

it was a huge win to get results that were BETTER than what I had expected.
Yes it's stunning and even more liberating when you find people who can actually do more/better than you've expected, it does help to overcome the mindset of small biz/self employed pro ("if you want it done well, do it yourself").

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.