The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

All the best from Poland!

Krzysztof

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Jul 20, 2014
Warsaw, Poland
Hi All!

It's great to be here, I hope to learn a lot from all of you as well as contribute myself whenever I come up with good advice.

WHO AM I?

I am a 30 year old (will be turning 31 in less than a month) from Poland and have come across "The Millionaire Fastlane " thanks to a great friend of mine, who gave it to me as a birthday gift (am I grateful!). I've read the book almost a year ago and it helped me shift my thinking patterns a lot. At that moment I was:
- working full time (more like 1,5 times full time) in the banking/IT sector earning a rather good salary for Polish standards,
- building with a partner (>40 years old with experience in building small businesses in different sectors - some successful, some not) a small outdoor marketing company focusing on atypical media.

By the end of 2013 it seemed that everything has "clicked" in our business and I decided to leave my day job. Unfortunately, since then it has not been as good as it seemed it will be... in fact the business is not going well at all. Nevertheless I don't regret my decision, because thanks to it I met the love of my life :happy: and have time to work on a new business.

I've reminded myself about The Fastlane Forum and decided to join in order to:
- "be" around fastlane focused individuals instead of spending time reading negative BS news, which I used to waste time on,
- access insights and lessons of other entrepreneurs,
- get additional motivation.

WHAT AM I UP TO NOW?

- In our current business I believe that we've overrated the market and possibilities, therefore will be putting less time into it, still hoping it can give us at least some money from time to time.
- Brainstorming with my partner for new business ideas - we've got one idea that we might decide to pursue, starting with testing the market.
- In order to have some income coming my way while the second business venture gets going, motivated by https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/importing-wholesaling-for-resale-on-ebay.51843, I consider spending part of my time on buying products from China and selling them on Polish auction platform (ebay is almost non-existent here as there was already a very strongly established leader when ebay decided to enter... and failed miserably).

WHAT IS MY PLAN FOR THE NEXT FEW YEARS?

- Build a profitable business - as mentioned above, the ideas for second shot at it are still being brainstormed. To quote a friend of mine - "I'm working on earning my second million, because the first one didn't work out" ;)
- Keep it growing, potentially with an exit strategy of selling my share in the company and moving on to starting a new venture... and again, and again.

All the best and I hope I will be of at least some assistance to the fastlane community,
Krzysztof

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Bartez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Jul 30, 2014
Poland, EU
Cześć Krzysztof! Jak widać, nie jesteś tutaj sam :) Życzę powodzenia w oderwaniu się od szarej rzeczywistości przeznaczonej przeciętniakom.

Hi Chriss! As you can see, you're not the only one polish in here :) I wish you good luck in getting rid off sad reality written to averages.

Yury

fancy slogan
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Dec 12, 2013
Hi and welcome, Krzysztof!

The Chinese-Polish chain sounds like a plan worth considering, just please don't limit yourself to inspiring topics as you can learn a lot from other's misadventures as well, like the one that @teabag is having at the moment with his Chinese supplier:
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...business-venture-paypal-seller-problems.53635

So be careful and good luck -- if you need it ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Krzysztof

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Jul 20, 2014
Warsaw, Poland
Thanks for your greetings and support :)

@Yury, thanks for the link, unfortunately it is from the "Inside World" ;). I've decided to give myself a few days to gather inspiration from different topics in here and brainstorm with my friend before making final decision on what venture to focus on. At the moment I'm steering away from spending the time on temporary trading and focus 100% on the real deal. We've had an idea on our minds for a while already, just were not able to see it becoming profitable enough to justify the work we would need to put into it. Seemed like it's impossible to even make a living on it. However, the inspiration from the Fastlane Forum expanded my horizons a lot and I'm begining to see it not only making a living, but become a really profitable business. My thinking patterns are shifting extremely. I might even start a progress thread in September - on the Inside ;)

Yury

fancy slogan
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Dec 12, 2013
it is from the "Inside World"
Oops sorry did not pay attention to that. Basically, if going down this route, google for problems :) To know better what to avoid.

I'm steering away from spending the time on temporary trading and focus 100% on the real deal
It might be a good idea as being torn between different routes seldom helps. Like,
"- Hey, we got a great prospective client, gotta meet him today!"
"- Sorry, I can't, we have this urgent issue with customs in our other project"

inspiration from the Fastlane Forum expanded my horizons
Yep seeing that it can be done and it's being done and how exactly people do it (together with some important failures) helps a lot.

a progress thread
Good thing both for self-discipline and for invaluable advices and points of view!

Krzysztof

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Jul 20, 2014
Warsaw, Poland
You're spot-on @Yury :)

The best part about inspiration and expansion of horizons is that once I've started to read about different success stories, companies, ideas, insigths, in the same time having our concept in mind, suddenly my mind started connecting dots between totally unrelated areas. Business model of one company in a different sector helped me come up with a business model that is perfect for us, discussions about marketing & PR of other products gave me inspiration to start creating our marketing strategy, etc. And for the first time in my life I'm to start working on something that I'm passionate about! It's like magic!

Good night, it's 1am in Poland :)

Yury

fancy slogan
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Dec 12, 2013
suddenly my mind started connecting dots between totally unrelated areas
Exactly! Also that's the benefit of working on one project as all your attention goes in that direction and your mind can find more and more solutions without distractions. So good night and hey let the dreams bring you some good solutions as well ;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...