The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

University Drop Out - Checkout Boy to Startup Maverick

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

CHI-K

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jul 15, 2014
UK
Hi there, I am new to the forum I randomly came across this looking for a business forum to provide value and to find people who give good advice to fellow entrepreneurs who take action and can evoke some motivation.

Any tips on where to start?

Here are a few options I thought about:

- Affiliate marketing
- Information products
- E-commerce
- Amazon or Ebay
- Blogging

First I am probably going start a personal blog not for money but to write about articles on health, relationships and money for my own self-education i have been doing in my spare time and books i have been reading etc.

Any thoughts on where to start? I got a long road ahead but its worth failing forward for a life of freedom and no regrets.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Joe Cassandra

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
509%
Jul 25, 2013
Woodstock, GA
Word of advice before you get pelted from forum regulars:

Read the forum before posting general questions like this. If you're too lazy to do something easy like reading, you'll be too lazy to do anything else.

There's countless threads discussing all these topics, read the gold threads, some of the popular process threads and then come back and ask more specific questions..

Good luck.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego

Read the forum before posting general questions like this. If you're too lazy to do something easy like reading, you'll be too lazy to do anything else.

There's countless threads discussing all these topics, read the gold threads, some of the popular process threads and then come back and ask more specific questions..

Good luck.
And read the book.

CHI-K

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jul 15, 2014
UK

Good luck.

Thanks for the reply was abit too general i know and yeah started following a few guys on here icecreamkid and zen******* etc.

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
This is easily the most valuable forum I have found (I think many will agree) for entrepreneurism. There are some serious players around here who are doing millions of dollars in business.

Read, read, read. Then learn to ask better questions. It's almost guaranteed that most newb questions have been asked and answered several times over around here.

davedev

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
371%
Jun 3, 2013
Florida
@CHI-K Also subscribe to alot of podcasts.

There's really nothing better than that to get a wide view of the many paths entrepreneurship can take.

CHI-K

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jul 15, 2014
UK
@CHI-K Also subscribe to alot of podcasts.

There's really nothing better than that to get a wide view of the many paths entrepreneurship can take.

ok cheers I mostly listen to interviews on youtube e.g. London real, Knowledge for men, Chris Ducker, Tai Lopez, Pat Flynn or what i can find. What podcasts do you recommend?

CHI-K

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jul 15, 2014
UK
This is easily the most valuable forum I have found (I think many will agree) for entrepreneurism. There are some serious players around here who are doing millions of dollars in business.

Read, read, read. Then learn to ask better questions. It's almost guaranteed that most newb questions have been asked and answered several times over around here.

Thanks for reply, I try read every day and listening to audio books . At the moment reading the education of millionaires by Michael Ellsberg just about half way through its really eye opening with so many good points and there is alot of value in this book.

davedev

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
371%
Jun 3, 2013
Florida
ok cheers I mostly listen to interviews on youtube e.g. London real, Knowledge for men, Chris Ducker, Tai Lopez, Pat Flynn or what i can find. What podcasts do you recommend?

Ah, Tai Lopez, very good. Hmm some of my favorites are.

ForeverJobless
Mixergy
The Bright Ideas Podcast
Startups For The Rest Of Us
Seth Godin's Startup School
Tropical MBA
eCommerceFuel
The Smart Passive Income Podcast
Entrepreneur on Fire

Coalission

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jan 8, 2014
Depends on your ultimate goal, but to start off with, I'd ignore what most people's advice will be here and go with affiliate marketing at first. Once you know how to blow something up and make it insanely profitable, the world is your oyster. Most people will start with creating their own product, struggle to sell, then blame it on their product, when it could have been their marketing strategy that failed. Now we have an incredible product collecting dust because they don't know what to do with it.

Many of the reasons that supposedly make affiliate marketing not fastlane, apply to pretty much every business model. If you put all your eggs in one basket, and that basket gets taken away, your business is in trouble. That basket can be a client, a customer, a traffic source, a product, etc. You can come across a shady network that doesn't pay, just like you can have a shady client that doesn't pay, or a shady customer that goes out to ruin your company's reputation because you didn't honor a ridiculous refund request, etc. Diversify.

At the end of the day, the most valuable asset someone can have is knowing how to move a high volume of product out the door, whether it's yours or not. Otherwise you'll be like the long list of inventors and mad scientists that die penniless with their brilliant products.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Depends on your ultimate goal, but to start off with, I'd ignore what most people's advice will be here and go with affiliate marketing at first. Once you know how to blow something up and make it insanely profitable, the world is your oyster. Most people will start with creating their own product, struggle to sell, then blame it on their product, when it could have been their marketing strategy that failed. Now we have an incredible product collecting dust because they don't know what to do with it.

Many of the reasons that supposedly make affiliate marketing not fastlane, apply to pretty much every business model. If you put all your eggs in one basket, and that basket gets taken away, your business is in trouble. That basket can be a client, a customer, a traffic source, a product, etc. You can come across a shady network that doesn't pay, just like you can have a shady client that doesn't pay, or a shady customer that goes out to ruin your company's reputation because you didn't honor a ridiculous refund request, etc. Diversify.

At the end of the day, the most valuable asset someone can have is knowing how to move a high volume of product out the door, whether it's yours or not. Otherwise you'll be like the long list of inventors and mad scientists that die penniless with their brilliant products.
When are you going to read the book.
This is called the fast lane forum for a reason.

Coalission

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jan 8, 2014

When are you going to read my post? Affiliate marketing is fastlane, but I'm not gonna debate this back and forth with someone who posts in haiku.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
When are you going to read my post? Affiliate marketing is fastlane, but I'm not gonna debate this back and forth with someone who posts in haiku.
It's my understanding that MJ created this forum for those that read his book to share and help one another.
If a member here has chosen not to read the book, there can be no debate.

Azif

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Jul 4, 2014

The way I see it, affiliate marketing violates control, but it can be a good way to build the bank to fund endeavors in the future so it can be a great way to start.

Coalission

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jan 8, 2014
It's my understanding that MJ created this forum for those that read his book to share and help one another.
If a member here has chosen not to read the book, there can be no debate.

I did read it, and I while I agreed with the overall gist of it, I disagreed with the part about affiliate marketing. You can't argue against affiliate marketing as a whole, and then use "Adsense" and "Amazon" as examples.

The way I see it, affiliate marketing violates control, but it can be a good way to build the bank to fund endeavors in the future so it can be a great way to start.

It really doesn't violate "control", no more than any other business. If anything, there are less variables that can go wrong. Like I mentioned above, if you put all your eggs in one basket, and that basket goes up in flames, your business is done.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Hi there, I am new to the forum I randomly came across this looking for a business forum to provide value and to find people who give good advice to fellow entrepreneurs who take action and can evoke some motivation.

Any tips on where to start?

Here are a few options I thought about:

- Affiliate marketing
- Information products
- E-commerce
- Amazon or Ebay
- Blogging

First I am probably going start a personal blog not for money but to write about articles on health, relationships and money for my own self-education i have been doing in my spare time and books i have been reading etc.

Any thoughts on where to start? I got a long road ahead but its worth failing forward for a life of freedom and no regrets.

If you feel that you have something to offer with your blog idea, do it. Oddly enough, I would also suggest to begin with affiliate marketing. But, only to start, while you flesh-out your own ideas for a product. So, you could end up doing all of the above options eventually. Start with cheap shared hosting and a simple WordPress blog.

Coalission

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jan 8, 2014
go with affiliate marketing at first

Oddly enough, I would also suggest to begin with affiliate marketing.

goatstare.gif

davedev

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
371%
Jun 3, 2013
Florida
Btw going on the fact that you have 'Startup Maverick' in your title, I'm assuming you may be interested in launching a scalable startup.

Check out some lectures by Steve Blank and these 2 books

The Four Steps To The Epiphany by Steve Blank
Business Model Generation by Alexander Osterwalder

CHI-K

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jul 15, 2014
UK
Ah, Tai Lopez, very good. Hmm some of my favorites are.

ForeverJobless
Mixergy
The Bright Ideas Podcast
Startups For The Rest Of Us
Seth Godin's Startup School
Tropical MBA
eCommerceFuel
The Smart Passive Income Podcast
Entrepreneur on Fire

Thank you i will have look through them and see what podcasts i resonate with the most cheers.

CHI-K

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jul 15, 2014
UK
Btw going on the fact that you have 'Startup Maverick' in your title, I'm assuming you may be interested in launching a scalable startup.

Check out some lectures by Steve Blank and these 2 books

The Four Steps To The Epiphany by Steve Blank
Business Model Generation by Alexander Osterwalder

Yes eventually when i have some capital but right now I need to learn the basics first. I would like a freedom virtual business that allows for travel and to work anywhere in the world that's the dream for me.

CHI-K

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jul 15, 2014
UK
Hi guys, just received the millionaire fastlane in the post today will be reading it tonight and throughout the week to come. I have got a few business ideas written down for once and this guy called Corey Wadden has really inspired me even more to take on this journey found out about him through Knowledge for Men I am 23 so i will take on this challenge.

The power of a vision book

In the video it suggested making a little book full of pictures of places, material things you want to buy, people you want to meet and business goals you would like to succeed and make a deadline e.g. visit Hollywood , help my mum and dad retire and pay for a family holiday etc. After you have visited Hollywood tick it off, write notes and put your own picture in there this really help reinforce why your on this journey in the first place. He has also met most of his heroes, mentors and is running successful companies not many people will know about him.

Check the interview out that really motivated and inspired me:

CHI-K

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jul 15, 2014
UK
Just finish the book so much gold nuggets in there its ridiculous I will have to use the book as a reference from now on and re-read etc. An update I have a hosting and domain account now and set up a personal blog and write bad articles on what I feel like.

The 1 goal:

Make my first £50 online

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

CHI-K

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jul 15, 2014
UK
Before you can make any $$ online, you have to first create value that someone will want to give you $. Start there.

Thanks for the reply re-reading N-E-S-C-T and the commandment of need. I also have wrote a mini article/notes about value and tips from various books and sources e.g. Eden Pagan - Get Altitude podcast episode 038 on Tuesday I think it came out. I might put it on here eventually as a thread its 1000 plus words though and I keep rehashing it.

Here is the last bit of the article.

“You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help enough people get what they want.” - Zig Ziglar

If you give value:
  1. People will want to work with you

2. People will want to be a part of what you do

3. People will give to you

4. If you give to them
Part of the article I am writing for my personal blog, started after you replied thanks by the way you made me take action instead of being a bystander.

Anyways an update
I didn't know Market Samurai was so good on a week trial at the moment ( http://www.marketsamurai.com/) looking through for keywords and the domain finder is a serious time saver. By this weekend I will have started building new websites. Stuff I am looking into:

- Affiliate eCommerce shop found out through http://www.lazyassstoner.com/ way
- Blog adsense
- Clickbank

On a side note

- Got a few Ideas for free content
- I must set up aweber account this weekend

Building lists seems to be a good way to go after making niche sites. Here are some stuff I found useful to a newbie like me:

http://www.smartpassiveincome.com/the-beginners-guide-to-starting-a-newsletter/
http://bensettle.com/
http://iampaulmort.com/ryan-magin-build-list-discover/ - I just love Pauls humour

It a good way to provide affiliate links and your own info products and content to a niche audience. I must remember to build two lists:

- Freebie guys
- Buyers

Aweber I will buy this weekend and test it on my personal blog then move on try it on others websites that I will make.

I best get cracking tonight!! instead of being a wantrepreneur

Tonight I must find a niche with a .com

I am properly talking nonsense because I have had too much coffee so advice and suggestions are welcome

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.