The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How much is being on the front page of Imgur & Reddit worth? About $8,050.

Marketing, social media, advertising

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
This is how much it's worth if you're stupid. I've personally witnessed a #1 spot on Reddit's front page make several fastlane careers. I'd say the least it could be worth is around 5K, or the ad bucks from getting around 500,000 hits with a reasonably deployed ad program or offer. It's made movie and mainstream book deals and prestigious corporate executive careers though, as well as kicked off tours on news circuits and mentions in a dirth of online media, corresponding to massive organic search ranking boosts and millions or tens of millions of hits of traffic. Played correctly (and it should not be attempted for your business until you are fully prepared to play it correctly) a top spot could be worth well in excess of a million dollars.

Last edited:

Spada

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 7, 2012
I don't think you understand how variable reddit traffic can be. reddit users stay on the site half the average (9 mins) and view roughly have the amount of pages. The RPM for an image based site isn't going to be $12.

So how would you improved on these two traffic bumps?

sle3pyguii

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Aug 19, 2012
$8000? Is that earnings based on what you would earn via ad earnings only?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Not sure how much it'd be worth, depends on your offer/product. But his lifehacks are definitely interesting bootstraps!

krnekdo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jul 29, 2014
Did you try any other monetization methods? In my experience, Adsense is the last thing that I would put on a site, when I went through every other possibility of making more money..

Also, are you getting the emails from the visitors in any way? Get their emails and you won't have to rely on getting to the frontpage of Reddit anymore ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
You aren't gong to be getting anyone's emails from the front page of reddit unless you have a cause they can get behind.

This is a specific use case of ad revenue for whatever he posted, there are lots of other uses including getting to the top of a targeted sub reddit for a specific business.

In any of the cases though, direct commercialization will not get you anywhere, so don't try it, or you will burn a bridge.

krnekdo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jul 29, 2014
LightHouse it was just a suggestion because in my opinion Adsense is not a very good monetisation method and I always try other things before Adsense. I congratulate the OP on what he achieved but I also think that he should be testing more then one method to try to maximize his earnings..

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
I don't think you understand how variable reddit traffic can be. reddit users stay on the site half the average (9 mins) and view roughly have the amount of pages. The RPM for an image based site isn't going to be $12.

What is fame worth? What is household brand recognition worth? What is having your brand mentioned on USA today and The View the next week because of making the front page worth? Yes, if it's just an FP and nothing else for a small e-commerce store, $5k is going to be all you get.

If you're an e-book author and it's praise for one of your books that hits the FP of Reddit, you are officially retired.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.