The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

"You Rich Doctors Only Care About Money"

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
:) yes - first post - thanks for having me here.

Dealing with Medical and Nutrition angle is one of my passions and experiences I am going thru for a decade now.

Doctor's are great at Specific Surgeries/trauma-type care and even the infection level stuff.

They stink at preventative medicine "in general" and no WORD of lie, have little ( as in a few hours of lectures) to NO clinical nutrition training. This is something I have verified and have direct experience with. You cannot expect people who make money off "sick care" to be totally free of the greed factor.

I also have several charts showing how the USA really is at the bottom of westernized countries when it comes to preventing basic diseases and also living long. There is so much disinfo in the medicine/nutrition world as well. Finally after 30 years butter is Great to consume( think bulletproof coffee) after they told everyone to avoid and use the worst fat sources !

All these complaints and facts also provide the opportunity so out of negative comes positive!!

MJ- love the book and thanks for having me here!

I don't think you'll get an argument from us about how health is directly correlated to diet and how "health care" has morphed into "sick care". Many people on this board have cured themselves of ailments by simply changing to a different diet outlined by lifestyle, myself included.

Anyway, sorry for the thread hijack.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
I don't think you'll get an argument from us about how health is directly correlated to diet and how "health care" has morphed into "sick care". Many people on this board have cured themselves of ailments by simply changing to a different diet outlined by lifestyle, myself included.

Anyway, sorry for the thread hijack.
No hijack. Any good discussion is worthy. By the way, I agree about curing or vastly improving ailments by diet change. I myself am low carb and through a lot of research am firmly convinced that the "Food pyramid" is a joke at best and actively harmful at worst. However, you should see how other doctors react to my telling patients that fat natural fats, protein and vegetables aren't bad for you but that "whole grains" can actually contribute to obesity, diabetes, metabolic syndrome, ETC.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
No hijack. Any good discussion is worthy. By the way, I agree about curing or vastly improving ailments by diet change. I myself am low carb and through a lot of research am firmly convinced that the "Food pyramid" is a joke at best and actively harmful at worst. However, you should see how other doctors react to my telling patients that fat natural fats, protein and vegetables aren't bad for you but that "whole grains" can actually contribute to obesity, diabetes, metabolic syndrome, ETC.
You should see how they react when a patient says something to that effect. LOL

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014

YES! Literally everything is backwards in almost every industry, i.e. the truth of the situation is the reverse

For example here is the truth as I know it....and have experienced

Medical- the whole industry is geared towards sick care and management of symptoms vs real cures and getting people independent. There is not 1 drug prescribed that doesn't have bad side effects but yet the supplement industry is picked on constantly in rigged studies.
a. They use crappy vitamins such as rock mineral and bad synethic forms of things in the so called negative supplement studies out there
b. I have personally proved the RDA levels are a scam and not geared towards ultimate health, but base minimums
c. You have to actually absorb stuff for it to work anyway. Most people's digestive systems are jacked and toxic
d. GMO is sold and pushed on people. Enough said!

Financial- I think most would agree the overall high-level system is cabal-run by the banksters. Money IS DEBT. There is no incentive for anyone to shrink it and thus can be a direct source of bubbles and busts once asset prices crash. And yet as MJ's book and blog points out...the people who service this industry and glorify it are the ones on Forbes Magazine or highlighted in it. Again, MJ nails it. The LIE of the ponzi system is sold as fact and truth to side walkers and slowlaners! Wall St and Madison Ave really do have a job here

Education- same ole story like MJ Points out. The goal of education today is to push out highly specialized workers or mid level managers with a liberal arts background to keep the matrix together! In some schools it seems the goal is to "dumb down" the population overtly! In almost all cases people are taught to FOLLOW CHAIN OF COMMAND and don't ask tough questions.

What's ridiculous about all of these 3 sectors is they all directly tie into the Rockefeller/Carnegie Robber Barron names old old..but I digress. Perhaps that "Food Pyramid" was well thought out after all

All the same goal: Disempower the individual and make money off the knowledge differential under the guise of "Servicing Needs"

If you create the needs thru social and government conditioning...then complain that these sheeple are the source of problems...well you see where I went here!

A

Angus

:) yes - first post - thanks for having me here.

Dealing with Medical and Nutrition angle is one of my passions and experiences I am going thru for a decade now.

Doctor's are great at Specific Surgeries/trauma-type care and even the infection level stuff.

They stink at preventative medicine "in general" and no WORD of lie, have little ( as in a few hours of lectures) to NO clinical nutrition training. This is something I have verified and have direct experience with. You cannot expect people who make money off "sick care" to be totally free of the greed factor.

I also have several charts showing how the USA really is at the bottom of westernized countries when it comes to preventing basic diseases and also living long. There is so much disinfo in the medicine/nutrition world as well. Finally after 30 years butter is Great to consume( think bulletproof coffee) after they told everyone to avoid and use the worst fat sources !

All these complaints and facts also provide the opportunity so out of negative comes positive!!

MJ- love the book and thanks for having me here!
it's business, you make more money by selling food and medicine
fatsos gonna eatso and then take some statins, you ain't gonna change that
keep the things you know at heart and either create your brand of cereals and insulin pen, your own diet and preventive medicine or just keep going without whining
don't fight worthless wars, the people that are willing to prevent health conditions are already doing what it takes

sle3pyguii

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Aug 19, 2012
I have the utmost respect for ER doctors. Ya'll see and deal with a pretty high concentration of annoying patients and insane situations...I still can't get over some of the things I saw in there...

I worked in the triage as a student for about a year in a level 1 trauma center (the only one within 2 hours of the area I believe), so a lot of patients came through. Two recurring comments were:

"You won't let me in because the longer I stay out here, the more money you make from me."
"Why did the guy (who has a severe injury) get to go in before me (with a minor problem)? I was here for ______ (Was there less than the amount of time they state)"

It seemed like the smaller the problem, the more annoying the patient.

Keep being an awesome ER doc, making your kick-a$$ salary. You damn well deserve it.

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
YES! Literally everything is backwards in almost every industry, i.e. the truth of the situation is the reverse

For example here is the truth as I know it....and have experienced

Medical- the whole industry is geared towards sick care and management of symptoms vs real cures and getting people independent. There is not 1 drug prescribed that doesn't have bad side effects but yet the supplement industry is picked on constantly in rigged studies.
a. They use crappy vitamins such as rock mineral and bad synethic forms of things in the so called negative supplement studies out there
b. I have personally proved the RDA levels are a scam and not geared towards ultimate health, but base minimums
c. You have to actually absorb stuff for it to work anyway. Most people's digestive systems are jacked and toxic
d. GMO is sold and pushed on people. Enough said!

Financial- I think most would agree the overall high-level system is cabal-run by the banksters. Money IS DEBT. There is no incentive for anyone to shrink it and thus can be a direct source of bubbles and busts once asset prices crash. And yet as MJ's book and blog points out...the people who service this industry and glorify it are the ones on Forbes Magazine or highlighted in it. Again, MJ nails it. The LIE of the ponzi system is sold as fact and truth to side walkers and slowlaners! Wall St and Madison Ave really do have a job here

Education- same ole story like MJ Points out. The goal of education today is to push out highly specialized workers or mid level managers with a liberal arts background to keep the matrix together! In some schools it seems the goal is to "dumb down" the population overtly! In almost all cases people are taught to FOLLOW CHAIN OF COMMAND and don't ask tough questions.

What's ridiculous about all of these 3 sectors is they all directly tie into the Rockefeller/Carnegie Robber Barron names old old..but I digress. Perhaps that "Food Pyramid" was well thought out after all

All the same goal: Disempower the individual and make money off the knowledge differential under the guise of "Servicing Needs"

If you create the needs thru social and government conditioning...then complain that these sheeple are the source of problems...well you see where I went here!
Well, you're definitely passsionate, I'll give you that.

* RDA levels - they're bare minimum. When you're designing recommendations for massive populations, you have to set some floor that everyone should acheive. I don't see conspiracy there.

* Food pyramid - yeah, influenced by the big agricultural concerns. Not willing conspiracy to harm, but willful conspiracy to sell.

* Education - don't paint with too broad a brush. I come from a more liberal background and I cannot help but to recommend getting as much education as possible. BUT, it doesn't necessarily need to be expensive and some useless degree like Art History. Really?

* Actually, on that theme, I've felt for a very long time (20 years +) that our current system is broken? Mandatory stupid tests every year? Teaching to a test rather than for life long learning? Did any of you know that a basic secondary school (through HS) at the turn of the last century included at a minimum:

- mathematics for everyone through algebra
- World history
- Latin or Greek or another foreign language
- Grammar, writing
- The list goes on.

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
I have the utmost respect for ER doctors. Ya'll see and deal with a pretty high concentration of annoying patients and insane situations...I still can't get over some of the things I saw in there...

I worked in the triage as a student for about a year in a level 1 trauma center (the only one within 2 hours of the area I believe), so a lot of patients came through. Two recurring comments were:

"You won't let me in because the longer I stay out here, the more money you make from me."
"Why did the guy (who has a severe injury) get to go in before me (with a minor problem)? I was here for ______ (Was there less than the amount of time they state)"

It seemed like the smaller the problem, the more annoying the patient.

Keep being an awesome ER doc, making your kick-a$$ salary. You damn well deserve it.
Thanks man. And you are an astute observer.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
My daughter's best pal is an emergency room RN. The degree of difficulty they face every day... unimaginable.
I'm biased, my daughter in law is an ER RN. She loves it and hates it. I guess she loves it more, she's working on NP.

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
I'm biased, my daughter in law is an ER RN. She loves it and hates it. I guess she loves it more, she's working on NP.
Good for her. We need more good ones. And FYI I have the same feeling about Emergency Medicine myself.

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014
Well, you're definitely passsionate, I'll give you that.

* RDA levels - they're bare minimum. When you're designing recommendations for massive populations, you have to set some floor that everyone should acheive. I don't see conspiracy there.

* Food pyramid - yeah, influenced by the big agricultural concerns. Not willing conspiracy to harm, but willful conspiracy to sell.

* Education - don't paint with too broad a brush. I come from a more liberal background and I cannot help but to recommend getting as much education as possible. BUT, it doesn't necessarily need to be expensive and some useless degree like Art History. Really?

* Actually, on that theme, I've felt for a very long time (20 years +) that our current system is broken? Mandatory stupid tests every year? Teaching to a test rather than for life long learning? Did any of you know that a basic secondary school (through HS) at the turn of the last century included at a minimum:

- mathematics for everyone through algebra
- World history
- Latin or Greek or another foreign language
- Grammar, writing
- The list goes on.

Hi not only am I passionate but I've done my DD and have the logic to back it. Most definitely these industries i mentioned are set up to prey upon the masses/Sidewalkers and middle class under the guise of just "helping"

1. RDA's were set up in the 40s for a healthy 18 year old man and have been very slow to be revised upwards. Nutrition should be dosed for weight, stress level, dna, disease level, actual nutrient levels you are getting or absorbing ( which no food companies, md's, etc are really testing FOR)I have the charts showing mineral and vitamins in food have been crashing for decades. You won't see the government talk about this or study this. What it means is you need to eat 2, 3, 5 times + what our parents and grandparents did to get same nutrient levels. Also most people have several mineral deficiencies built up over time and chronic degenerative dieases come out of this as well as the incessant focus on carbs people have been sold to eat

2. Its not just about money in the moment...there is willful acts to continue to hurt people decades later. These big ag companies and corp's have known for years that their pre-gmo gluten infused wheat and gmo corn is hurting people. Whole raw food and anti carb diet movements came out of this knowledge. Look at Butter on Time Mag cover now after MDs and the community bashed BUtter/good fats! It ties it beautifully with the Big Pharma industries who then act like they are selling the cures to all these people who bought the high carb/low fat and mineral/vitamins are "bad" hype

3. I believe in what you are saying. I was exposed to the Trivium and Quadrivium. That is the real liberal arts background and how to "think" education. Yes, I think that is great. The watered down stuff we see today is not the same and has been geared towards creating classes of people who don't realize they are in bondage. In fact there is a quote out today by a ivy league teacher attacking Ivy colleges like Yale saying they create ZOMBIES- no joke

I will repeat...This is what the powers that be know. They MAKE THE MOST MONEY by making sure their is a knowledge differential by those in the know and the masses. IN that void is the massive profit potential From planned obsolence to propaganda marketing, its WILLFUL with multiple parties and that is all a conspiracy really is. So while I agree MJ is right about NEEDS....I think people miss a big part that for many decades NEEDS have been created and conditioned in people by DESIGN- there I said it.

And YES- this is nothing new. We create the sheeple that then our very saviors and ladder- climbing middle class folks complain about!

Sir Thomas More knew...
“For if you suffer your people to be ill-educated, and their manners to be corrupted from their infancy, and then punish them for those crimes to which their first education disposed them, what else is to be concluded from this, but that you first make thieves and then punish them.”
― Thomas More, Utopia

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.