The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ryan Deiss - Funnel blueprint

Harley

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Jun 9, 2014
Hi Guys,
There was another webinar on the extremely informative Ryan Deiss sales funnel blueprint last night.
The last one webinar was only viewable for a few days after the event, then taken down.
For those who haven't seen and are interested here is the replay link - http://funnelblueprint.com/funnel-training-replay/

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Why was it taken down?

I always wondered if his revenue stream is as he says it is, why not just sell products? He spends an exorbitant amount of time selling information.

Wuz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Nov 16, 2013
Why was it taken down?

I always wondered if his revenue stream is as he says it is, why not just sell products? He spends an exorbitant amount of time selling information.

I heard him said on one of his videos that is mission (and his company mission) is to help a certain number of business to grow .

If the man is good at what he does is normal that he wants to share and sell is expertise, so he can make the world a better place.

Joe Cassandra

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
509%
Jul 25, 2013
Woodstock, GA
Why was it taken down?

He says at the beginning of the webinar that he isn't one of those "making money off of marketing by talking about marketing" but I wonder the same thing.

Selling information is much cheaper much like coaching. It's easier to write an ebook and sell it, then manufacture/import a product, test it etc.

The webinar is actually pretty good, I never fully understood what @JasonR would always talk about "Tripwires" and all that, but Ryan's logic makes sense. SO for now, I'm putting away doubts and enjoying it :D

Justin.p

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Jul 10, 2014
Austin, TX
I first heard of Ryan and found the funnel URL on @JasonR 's thread. I thought the funnel stuff SOUNDED brilliant, but as soon as I googled Ryan's name and found multiple dedicated hate sites I got really nervous about taking the stuff seriously. As best as I can tell it wasn't the work of just one guy that has a grievance with him, etc. Is there any proof his other businesses aren't just for show as a means to get people to buy the marketing info products? NOT TRYING TO BE CONTROVERSIAL HERE, just looking for facts, thanks

Harley

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Jun 9, 2014
He offers the video for a limited period. Then gets people to sign up again to be notified when they will do another - Brilliant idea actually, as he is starting the lead magnet part all over again any building an even bigger list.
If you watch it all, this is actually his core product and he sells the entire blueprint copy at the end. Says $1000 to the first 10, but I'm sure everyone could get that price.
The video itself though is very informative and makes sense.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
This is his funnel for the funnel training.

I've gone through $1k his funnel training, and it's good stuff.

I've seen his business model, and others doing the same thing, and it works very well.

That being said, he is selling information, and you can search around - he has been highly successful.

Again, he's making money off of his info products - because he can.

I'm not saying his training is worth $1000, but it's great if you've never been exposed to online sales funnels before.

Vagabond 007

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 1, 2011
Philly Suburbs
I'm not saying his training is worth $1000, but it's great if you've never been exposed to online sales funnels before.
I agree.

It is great training, but if you have some knowledge of setting up funnels, it's not worth $1,000. Hell, just read some of the stuff posted here on funnels, watch Ryan's free webinars, and you've got 99% of it. Enough to go and use it to make money.

nzerinto

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Aug 1, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Unfortunately Ryan came out around the same time the other "big name" Internet Marketers were making a name for themselves - Frank Kern, Mike Filsaime, Jeff Walker, Eben Pagan (Aka David Deangelo of "The Game" fame...lol), Yanik Silver, Perry Belcher, Andy Jenkins (ex StomperNet with a bunch of other "gurus" like Dan Theis and Leslie Rohde....ugh) etc etc, so he seemed to get caught up in doing a lot of the same stuff they did - "make money telling people how to make money" formula. Obviously there was some learning to be had for anyone that were following - mostly from studying their launch tactics and how they marketed things!

But recently it seems like Ryan has tried to be a little more "legit" with his efforts. He's still a internet marketer at heart, so I definitely agree with Vig - question everything and take everything with a grain of salt, but some of his stuff is quite good.

Just keep in mind - if something is offered for free, then you are the product....

limitup

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
651%
Dec 30, 2012
San Diego
Oh man I wish I could tell you guys what I know about Ryan Deiss and all these other "gurus" ...

Let's just say it's 10x more profitable to sell picks and shovels (and Levi's!) than it is to pan for gold.

Y.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 7, 2014
Let's just say it's 10x more profitable to sell picks and shovels (and Levi's!) than it is to pan for gold.

I really hope that's true because that's the project I'm working on LOL

liquidglass

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Oct 24, 2011
The person who makes the fortune is the one that sold shovels during the gold rush.

He may be able to do it himself, but it's much easier to create salesmen out of affiliates by providing value through his channels.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Yup was going to say, most of his money isnt from selling info products from what I understand, it is actually products and using the same methodology he teaches there.

I feel like "funnels" are the new buzz thing around here instead of a marketing tactic as part of an power all marketing strategy

Vagabond 007

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 1, 2011
Philly Suburbs
Yup was going to say, most of his money isnt from selling info products from what I understand, it is actually products and using the same methodology he teaches there.

I feel like "funnels" are the new buzz thing around here instead of a marketing tactic as part of an power all marketing strategy
Funnels definitely are all of the buzz right now. I would credit Ryan with that. Seems like ever since he started talking about them, people have jumped on board.

I'm curious, why did you say "instead of" when referring to marketing tactics? Implying one should focus on tactics?

Despite them being the trendy thing right now, they are very important and very effective. Technically they are nothing new. People who've been around marketing long enough are aware of them. Just different terminology. Ryan says something that I heard Dan Kennedy say years ago (I think in his Renegade Millionaire course, which is amazing, btw), and it's one of the best pieces of advice I've ever heard and yet almost everyone thinks the opposite is true.

And that is: The person who can afford to spend the most to acquire a customer wins.

Most people want to spend less and look for ways to spend less. If you can afford to spend the most, you win. Your competition doesn't have a chance. And won't even know how the hell you're doing it.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
I've dissected their business while spending some time in their masterminds and stuff -- actually they have probably one of the most brilliant businesses I've ever seen. Yes they make money on marketing information -- but that's not where most of their money is made... not by a long shot.

These are real businessmen (not saying the other "IM gurus" are not).

Anyways, just because the vocabulary has been "funnel" doesn't mean marketing has changed. These strategies come from the Ogilvys and the originals. Authors and brilliant men who have been dead for 100 years.

You want to be as good as these guys, read what they have read. Robert Collier, David Ogilvy, Jay Abraham, Chet Holmes -- names you may or may not have heard of before.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I've dissected their business while spending some time in their masterminds and stuff -- actually they have probably one of the most brilliant businesses I've ever seen. Yes they make money on marketing information -- but that's not where most of their money is made... not by a long shot.

These are real businessmen (not saying the other "IM gurus" are not).

Anyways, just because the vocabulary has been "funnel" doesn't mean marketing has changed. These strategies come from the Ogilvys and the originals. Authors and brilliant men who have been dead for 100 years.

You want to be as good as these guys, read what they have read. Robert Collier, David Ogilvy, Jay Abraham, Chet Holmes -- names you may or may not have heard of before.

The source on how much they make… Would be them. And, in general, the only thing bigger then who people are is who people say they are.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
I was curious about some funnel stuff, so had it on in the background (listening in every now and then when he wasn't playing jazz flute)

I juuuust managed to not go to sleep waiting for the content, 20:1 jazz flute to content ratio.

My learnings, "don't rush the sale, lead up to it step it up and give alternates to pace the buyer and squeeze out what you can"
"don't neglect alternative sales cuz they can give your marketting budget a boost"

I don't get where kungfu is coming from from what I heard. Except maybe that guys that make money shouldn't be dissed.
Thats why I sat through and endured the jazz flute symphony he had going on.

I got the message, the message was ok. Credibility was dicey, but ok.

I had a cool thought though about how his funnel is really just the same psychology as copy.
But I'm with vig.

I feel there are others saying the same things.
I don't know how useful that info will be to my biz, but I'll optimise, cuz I think that is fairly straight forward, just not with all the extra gadgets, cuz experience and scepticism is your pal.

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Call me cynical but I believe that a good product with a great value proposition trumps tactics every time. Sustainable business models are businesses that develop demand.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Because I truly don't know the answer, can somebody list any tier one companies that use sales funnels as a means of converting traffic into sales? Is this an arena that is relegated to unknown companies?

If this is a viable, ethical platform… have legitimate brands embraced this strategy?

I am not insinuating anything. I truly do not know the answer to my question. Has this marketing strategy proven itself enough to go mainstream?

I travel in a pretty tight circle of people, several of which are at varying degrees of success from just starting out to super successful using sales funnels. I am just curious as to whether or not any of the big brands of consumer products have jumped on the bandwagon.

s168

You get out what you put in
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 12, 2011
London, UK
Totally agree with @Kung Fu Steve and @Vagabond 007 and those names mentioned are spot on.

Having done small-medium business marketing for several years now, I would say that most or maybe even all the marketing principles haven't changed at all over the years, on the basis that people are people and we're driven by some basic needs.

What has changed is the environment, marketing medium and the pace of things.

limitup

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
651%
Dec 30, 2012
San Diego
Every business in the world (that generates any revenue) has some type of sales "funnel."

Leads go in the top of the funnel, and money comes out the bottom of the funnel.

What differs from one company to the next is what's happening inbetween ...

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I am talking specifically about the methods and tactics deployed in trainings such as is the subject of this thread. Don't try to dismiss it as easily as "everybody uses funnels…"

There is a new, emerging market discipline that deploys a specific set of attention and retention techniques. That's what we're discussing.

limitup

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
651%
Dec 30, 2012
San Diego
There is a new, emerging market discipline that deploys a specific set of attention and retention techniques. That's what we're discussing.

Seriously?! The "trainings" you speak of are meant to do just one thing - suck as much cash out of your wallet as possible. There is nothing new in these trainings you speak of. Trust me. I've been making money online before Ryan Deiss, or Google for that matter, even existed. I promise you that Ryan Deiss isn't inventing new marketing strategies or techniques. There are only new tactics due to new technology (things like autoresponders, social media, etc. didn't exist back then), and they aren't coming from Ryan Deiss.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.