The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Mentor ?!?!?!?! Please

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
Am I wrong or right for the offer? Time will tell. In either case, I have a little extra time here and there that I am more than happy to spend helping someone else realize the value in these threads, and how to change the way you think in order to realize that value.

No, there's nothing wrong with that. Just don't hold his hand.

I see the passion in his posts. He seems to really want it.

I have to admit, he takes criticism very well.

I'm sure we'll see some great stuff from @Spazz in the future.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
If you give a kid a hockey stick and tell him to go play hockey, no matter how hard he runs and flails the stick around he wont play the game. Someone needs to show him how.

Your analogy is wrong here. I can read books and learn how to dribble, shoot and pass. I could become the best shooting around shooter, but none of that matters until you get into a pick up bball game. You are a kid with a hockey stick with unlimited books and videos showing you how to play hockey, you even have coaches online that will evaluate your skills. But what are they going to evaluate, you skating in a rink all day, shooting pucks? You yourself have to go to the rink and step on the ice and play with the big boys. How do you expect a coach to help you if you skate by yourself all day.

I read Biophases thread, which was impressive (he even sold his company), however biophase to my knowledge has an pretty established business background and experience.

You know this is bull. You do know there was a copycat that copied my business based on the thread right? That itself proves you wrong. The reason I started that thread and wrote it down step by step was to show you that there were no special skills involved there. Please point out in which posts on that thread where my background and experience helped me and I'll counter your argument.

BTW, not trying to sound mean here. Just trying to push you through your own barriers.

Last edited:

Spazz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jun 27, 2014
Your analogy is wrong here. I can read books and learn how to dribble, shoot and pass. I could become the best shooting around shooter, but none of that matters until you get into a pick up bball game. You are a kid with a hockey stick with unlimited books and videos showing you how to play hockey, you even have coaches online that will evaluate your skills. But what are they going to evaluate, you skating in a rink all day, shooting pucks? You yourself have to go to the rink and step on the ice and play with the big boys. How do you expect a coach to help you if you skate by yourself all day.

You know this is bull. You do know there was a copycat that copied my business based on the thread right? That itself proves you wrong. The reason I started that thread and wrote it down step by step was to show you that there were no special skills involved there. Please point out in which posts on that thread where my background and experience helped me and I'll counter your argument.

BTW, not trying to sound mean here. Just trying to push you through your own barriers.

ok your right

Spazz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jun 27, 2014
ok your right

Update - Random has been nice enough to help me with an exercise. "So here's how you're going to start. Buy something from craigslist, thrift shop, I don't care--but you have to buy it--and sell it somewhere to try to make money. After you PM that stuff, buy something tomorrow, and sell it this weekend".

Random I hope you don't mind me posting in the thread. I will follow up with your PM later. I just tried to get a jump on this asap. As a result I browsed the classifieds and bought a utility trailer (pictures are attached) for $225. Hopefully, I can sell it for $350. The guy dropped it off an hour ago and I posted my own ad's a day prior and have 2 guys coming to see it this afternoon.

Ill keep you guys posted.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpeg
    photo 1.jpeg
    44.7 KB · Views: 21

CPisHere

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Sep 17, 2011
Louisiana
dont make excuses. that just means you have to work harder.

read this then > http://www.amazon.com/dp/1118065166/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20
I'm reading this right now. It's filled with everything, it's like a Text book for selling online. Don;t let the 'Dummies' brand fool you. I've read a shit ton of books, and this is the best for practical knowledge, there is no fluff in this book.
I'm having a hard time taking this recommendation seriously...

Spazz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jun 27, 2014
Update - Random has been nice enough to help me with an exercise. "So here's how you're going to start. Buy something from craigslist, thrift shop, I don't care--but you have to buy it--and sell it somewhere to try to make money. After you PM that stuff, buy something tomorrow, and sell it this weekend".

Random I hope you don't mind me posting in the thread. I will follow up with your PM later. I just tried to get a jump on this asap. As a result I browsed the classifieds and bought a utility trailer (pictures are attached) for $225. Hopefully, I can sell it for $350. The guy dropped it off an hour ago and I posted my own ad's a day prior and have 2 guys coming to see it this afternoon.

Ill keep you guys posted.

UPDATE - utility trailer is SOLD. We settled on $300 but what can you do. Profit of $75. The guys hitching it to his truck right now.

oldscool

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Jul 20, 2011
your internet
@biophase did the person who copied you succeed? If not, then op was right all along.

@Spazz I look forward to seeing your continuous updates & progress in this thread because success is coming.

Last edited:

KLaw

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 4, 2012
ohio
UPDATE - utility trailer is SOLD. We settled on $300 but what can you do. Profit of $75. The guys hitching it to his truck right now.[/quote

How did you list the trailer: repost on CL, placed in your yard with a for sale sign, already had it sold prior to buying it, ... Thanks for the update.

Spazz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jun 27, 2014
How did you list the trailer: repost on CL, placed in your yard with a for sale sign, already had it sold prior to buying it, ... Thanks for the update.

Hey,

Good question. I read Random's msg at around 8:30 pm yesterday. I went online and checked the classifieds in my area (specifically focusing on trailers with "quick sell" in the ad) I found the above trailer for sale and compared the price to a number of other similar sized trailers. I called the ad and then gave him a low ball offer because he was in need of a quick sale. He took it over the phone and said he would drop it off in the morning.

I then immediately posted an add selling that trailer on another classifieds website. This morning I received 2 calls from interested buyers and scheduled them to come in the afternoon.

The original owner dropped the trailer off around 1:30 pm. Only one customer showed up to buy it from and luckily he bought it. He strong armed me to lower it $50 but I didnt want that shit trailer in my driveway any longer then it had to be.

I think I really just lucked out on this for such a short turn around. I figured at could sell the trailer because it was priced low but I thought I'd have to hold on to it for a couple weeks.

My wife's face was priceless when it get dropped of this morning lol

Hope that answers your question

davedev

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
Jun 3, 2013
Florida
x6a3ah.png

Awesome stuff @Spazz.

Rep'd

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
Is this going to be the first ever successful "I need a mentor" thread?

If so, it's only because Spazz is taking action and doing something. He doesn't need a mentor, he just needed to hear that and believe in himself. Look, he made $75 in a day. If he keeps doing just that he'll add $2,100 to his monthly income...because he believed in himself and he took risk. No one told him what to buy, no one told him how much to spend--he figured it out, and quite geniously!

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
It's from 2011, a "for dummies" book, and the provided description looks so simplistic and un-actionable.

lol suit yourself.

read what you want.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Looks like he just did the first hustle (good, now he can't make excuses about being unable to finance his ventures), now for the "fun" part

No, no, no!
You aren't supposed to actually do shit.

Now this is what I call a funny thread. And funny for the right reasons.

Its exactly where he should be though. It is just time to raise the bar here, thats all.

Great job spaz, and great job random.
But don't get relieved yet

Time to build the fastlane habits!!!
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...our-life-in-30-days-or-less-guaranteed.50600/

While action is important, action isn’t what creates change.

Taking action, by itself, is just an event that produces little, if any results. In fact, “taking action” is right behind “do what you love” as one of the biggest guru hoaxes ever perpetrated on the self-improvement industry.

Blasphemy?

Here’s why.

“Taking action” is merely a micro-task to a process, and a process is what precedes real change.

What’s a process? A process is a systematized series of focused actions. A process is repeated. A process is “taking action X 1000" and making adjustments along the way.

Once a process is established it then becomes a habit, which then integrates the process into your mind as automatic, instinctual, and almost subconscious. It actually becomes woven into your existence. The result is a lifestyle which ultimately creates the change you want

committment-jpg.6828

#2: Identify What You Want

What exactly do you want?

Envision yourself time-shifting 1 year into the future at a New Years Eve party. Envision yourself celebrating the year that was, the year that changed EVERYTHING. Take a moment and reflect on the accomplishments you are celebrating in this moment.

#4: Segment The End Goal Into It’s Daily “Take-Action” Step

After you isolate what you want to achieve and quantified it, break down that achievement into it’s core “take action” component, or what I call “the daily target”. What daily routine will get you there?

#5: Identify What Threatens The Daily Target.

In other words, you need to identify what IS NOT working. What can and will threaten your daily target? There’s that old adage: The definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing while expecting different results. In other words, the choices you made this YEAR resulted in the CONSEQUENCES you have NOW

make your bad habits a royal pain in the a$$ to continue. Make them invasive. Inconvenient.

In our refrigerator example, if you’ve won the war at the grocery store, you now have attached inconvenience to the bad habit

experience KAIZEN, or constant improvement.

In sports terms, what is Kaizen?

Well its like your gym routine, where that consistency starts paying off and you start getting addicted to the gym, rather than doing it for BS reasons.

Or when you are doing footdrills, where at first you suck, but then you get into the groove of it.

Using footdrills as a metaphor, we need to set attainable goals, then incrementally ratchet them up.
I remember training this with my brother in a dirt bowl in over 100 degree heat, him swinging stuff at me and hitting me. Ahh, the memories.

The point of this is so its repeatable UNDER PRESSURE. Anyone can make a one off to prove some ego BS, like the pretty boys and show ponies. But drilling yourself into a diamond from a lump of coal, makes it so you can THINK bigger and panic less when in field.
Preparation and perspiration.

Find large goals, wratchet them down into smaller goals, improve execution, develop habits of improvement, eventually achieve goal.

Gotta own your ones and twos!
BUILD YOUR KAIZEN MUSCLE
In sync with that, you need to build your listening and attention span muscles

With special focus on COMPREHENSION

zen******* said to me a year ago "what is your step by step, hardline, thought out steps to achieve your goal"
I could not at all comprehend what the hell that meant.

Also, CENTS, I understood it at first, but was a show pony about it "yeah yeah I got it!".
No, you don't got it until you drill it, perfect it, bust your #ss tripping yourself up from every angle on it.

COMPREHENSION and kaizen habits. Absorbing, listening, becoming a sponge of the good info and fighting off the blue pill BS.

What seperates pros from country boys playing for fun?
You bet your #ss its getting serious on the small stuff.

Also as a pro, you KNOW you are going to get hit, and HARD.
Not everything will go as smooth as flipping that trailer, start preparing your countermeasures.

Yesterday you were a pro footballer
Today you are a wantreprenuer
Tomorrow, you'll reveal that you were, are and will continue to forever be an entreprenuer

Start on changing that identity by putting in serious gut wrenching effort, and don't you dare quit.

Last edited by a moderator:

tunolo_sabe

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 9, 2014
Sure. Here are the tasks:
  1. Read The Millionaire Fastlane
  2. Become an INSIDERS, read all the gold threads.
  3. Read the Most Views Threads (last 360 days)
  4. Read all the popular content
  5. Read every post by MJ, Vigilante, zen*******, JackEdward
  6. While doing #5, read the posts by the other heavy hitters in those threads.
Once you complete the above tasks, we can talk about where you're at and what your goals are. I will either personally mentor you, or put you in touch with someone who has experience in what you want to do, or can offer you mentorship in the direction you want to go.

Everything I just wrote is 100% serious.
Can I take advantage of this offer as well?

Correction I will take advantage of this offer, I need to take action and feed myself with more knowledge.

Last edited by a moderator:

Be water my friend
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
May 17, 2014
O..'.....
What a roller coaster ride this thread is, keep up the good work Spazz!

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
It's been over 2 months since @Spazz has posted. Hoping he's kept at it. It'd be nice to read an update.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.