The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

{PROGRESS + ACCOUNTABILITY} LAURYN'S RECONSTRUCTION: GETTING TO 50 SHADES OF PAID

SYK

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Mar 24, 2014
"And the winner of Best Use of Animated GIFs in an Online Forum in 2014 goes to..."

"Lauryn! For LAURYN'S RECONSTRUCTION: GETTING TO 50 SHADES OF PAID!"

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
Just caught up. That looks like a great resource. I'll pick it up soon. My stories tend to be plot-driven rather than character-driven, but I can see how having strong, relatable characters would certainly enhance the whole product. I'm terrified to get it now, though, with one edit to go for my latest. I can see getting bogged down in re-write if I get one more piece of crafting advice. I admire you, Lauryn, for working to make your story the best it can be. As for me, I'm going to serve mine up and then use the next one and the next one and the next one to perfect the craft. Every book I write is better than the last. With eight under my belt this year, I'm sure they're at least readable.

Girl thank you. I'm just really someone who at times can be a little too perfectionistic. I really plan to draw this story out, so I want to be thorough. I have other stories in my head though.

And nothing is wrong with a plot driven tale.

Get that ONE edit done and produce. Keep pushing forward because you have been doing excellent and it's a kickass thing to watch you work, mama! :)

tumblr_inline_mso8auuuyb1qz4rgp-gif.45949

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
No writing on Ricochet. Simply writing the last material for the self-study program I've been working on.
Work has been keeping me superbusy. It's overwhelming but it's also a good thing because the job is more and more media-based.
As a result I am spending more time getting comfortable being interviewed and being on camera.
It makes me nervous to be on camera, but oh well, you do what you've got to do, right?

large.gif

I've been reading more books in my genre, and there are so many things about "urban lit" flow that sticks out at me. Some people use several characters from a first person perspective - so do I. Right now, I'm sticking to two.

My big challenges in writing - when I do write - is sticking to the script of the action. The characters literally do their own thing, so I'm hoping to reel that in when I pick the story back up again.

COSenior

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 22, 2013
Colorado
Consider also the Countdown deal at Amazon. We just saw some amazing results from that, lowering the $2.99 regular price to 99 cents for a limited amount of time. It apparently adds some urgency to the buy decision, and something I didn't realize is that you don't sacrifice your 70% royalty rate...even though the price is lower, you still make twice as much as you would with a book that's permanently priced at 99 cents. Our book was selling a steady 20 copies a day on average. During the countdown deal, that jumped to an average of 100 copies, and even had a spike where it sold over 400 one day. Now, that's fun!

I personally think that the days of free and permafree are numbered, if not already counterproductive. Everyone finds his own formula, though, so do what you think best. One thing you might do is look at the top sellers in your category, and see if you can determine their pricing strategy. What works in one might not in another.

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
I finished my signature branding program. I'm now giving my eyes a break from it.

I worked on Ricochet a little last night. The areas of expansion are a little clearer. What becomes hard is tapping into events from the past because I've really forgiven the situation, on my part and my ex's. I guess, in a way, that's what makes Travis so loveable. I have a clear archetype for Carmen. I just need to really sit down and iron out core events spelling it out for the crowd.

I also have a separate book in my head. This will be an independent work - as it won't include any Playgirl Diaries characters. The genre is the same so I'm wondering if there will be a need for a new nom de plume...

Aside of this, I'm very clear on having boundaries with people. I've struggled with knowing what's important and putting others first. I'm finally able to no longer do that. My survival is now completely dependent upon me. The better I know this, the better it gets. I have tried to be cool but there are things that are no longer my business or responsibility to take on or subject myself to, so it ends now. I have goals, kids.

beyonce-animated-gif-grown-woman-hair-flip.gif

In exactly 6 months, I will be 30. Here's to accomplishing a goal that I'll be setting forth, and coming back to say I banged out on that fateful day.

Last edited:

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
Made some good headway with Ricochet this morning. It’s a little rough and choppy where I’ve added scenes, but I think the changes are worth it. They bring sexual heat to the story and add more action, as it’s been suggested I do.

I’ve been fighting an infection lately, so my weekend output hasn’t been as productive. I’ve also been working my second job which takes me from Plano to Cedar Hill every weekend, so that’s cut my time too.

One of my biggest personal distractions – and this was my fault – was taking on other people’s challenges. I’m a giving and caring person, so when I’m working on helping other people, I will put my needs and goals last. It’s fighting sickness without a doctor and having google things on the internet as my only option that reminds me of why I have to do this. In a few years, I need Googling things on the Internet to be a CHOICE and not really my ONLY choice.

I’m really hoping that several hours – well 3 hours a night of writing intensely at least 3 nights out of the work week will intensify my results. Especially for Ricochet.

I need that book published as soon as possible.
fingers+crossed.gif

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
I got laid off today. This had nothing to do with my performance. There were company-wide layoffs.

I cried for about 30 seconds. I was upset for about 60 minutes.

I'm just over it now. I think I was meant to do something different. You know, like finish these books?

Like, how many times will I let my life and livelihood be affected by employment? I can't.

The good news is I was offered an alternative work set up, so we'll see what happens.

My rent is paid through Septmember.

It is what it is.

I'm strategizing a way to finish Ricochet and find some business clients. My head just hurts because I just paid out of pocket for a doctor and meds yesterday for an infection that was worse than anticipated.

[HASHTAG]#GodBlesstheGrind[/HASHTAG]

large.gif

COSenior

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 22, 2013
Colorado
Seems to me that this happened to you a few months ago and you were employed again within days. You are resourceful, talented and determined. You're going to be just fine until you get to be independent of all the hassle. Hold your head up and go get 'em.

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
I finished Ricochet and I submitted TWO versions - the original and the new version - to the publisher. I'm getting a LOT of love and praise for the original. I like what I did to expand on the newer version too. It's a little more graphic and has a touch more action.

I have another book I want to begin working on immediately. It's a one-off novel or novella. I'm not sure if I will use my name because I'm not sure if the character is urban or mainstream. I will probably write two versions of the story - one for each and publish and see what happens. Two books, two different audiences, same synopsis and delivery.

I picked up a web design client over the past few days. My job does not have my final check ready (don't ask but I'm not the only one who hasn't been paid) and I have to hustle while I figure things out. I have another client to finish ASAP too. Both are premiering at the same event so work needs to be done ASAP. ;)

Ball is rolling. I have what it takes and I'm doing what I can... and so far taking action is 10X more important than sitting around contemplating, or even staring at classifieds.

I'm also overcoming an infection I recently came down with but when that's done I'm going to start running again.

It's all coming together. Apparently life for me HAS to be Fastlane and leveraged immediately.

nicki-minaj-sexy-gif.gif

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
So I started on my second novel. So far I like it. Not because "OMG, I'm a great writer."
Because "OMG, this is a story I would want to read."

I'm doing this to release some energy and tension, to say things I regularly can't in a conversation and to have fun.
The last time I did this, I had good results and I was just letting off steam, so I feel positive about this, even if it doesn't lead to a blockbuster record. ;)

If it's worth anything, after nearly 3 years of being on the market, and one year re-released, one of my books got a 5 star review for it's non-fiction adult niche. It's been time. I don't know how other writers have gotten massive reviews on their books, but I don't really spam or buy mine. I let my books do their thing because I've almost always made a nice $100 and change regardless with trying too hard.

On another note, I think it's smart to let you know my best selling book, to this day, has a 2 star rating on Amazon. I don't really get the 2 star rating, except to say some people really just didn't like what I had to say - but guess what? That's the power of unpopular opinion. Because I've had more people email me to ask questions and praise the information than I've had people who've hated it. And those who hate it? Well, the cold never bothered me anyway. I wasn't tripping to begin with.

Going to run some errands and keep thinking of ways to structure this book I'm working on... Again, it's really some FAP work. The story is done when it's done... I have no limits or parameters except to be uncensored and somehow add enough of a plot around it to make it unbelievable yet realistic all at once, at least when it's not fap-tastic.

No, there are no young housewives and BDSM storylines. And there aren't any sex scenes with gnomes.

So... we'll see what happens. :D

76978-rihanna-clapping-gif-8qgG.gif

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
On another note, I think it's smart to let you know my best selling book, to this day, has a 2 star rating on Amazon. I don't really get the 2 star rating, except to say some people really just didn't like what I had to say - but guess what? That's the power of unpopular opinion. Because I've had more people email me to ask questions and praise the information than I've had people who've hated it. And those who hate it? Well, the cold never bothered me anyway. I wasn't tripping to begin with.

This is great information! I wouldn't have thought of a bad review triggering this kind of response, but it makes perfect sense especially if you're writing things that people agree with, or want to agree with.

I'll keep this tactic in mind for the future ;)

It seems like things are starting to look up for you. I'm glad you're still going strong!

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
I always have this ridiculous fantasy of writing my entire novel in a day. Nope, that never happens.
But I am five chapters and 5500 words in. Not bad for about 3.5-4 hours. I was on a roll early this morning, right?

Then some bad news hit (regarding a family member) and then I got hungry, and my momentum kind of took a downturn.

tumblr_mn62mrp1gZ1r8s5bto1_500.gif
I'm also struggling to move the plot forward... so I have to remember: What's the story I want to read, as opposed to the story everyone thinks I should write?

Right now, it's important to focus because right now this is all I got. The quicker I can get this out, the quicker I can see the impact it will have on me in October, when I get paid for this via royalties and sales.

Selfy

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Apr 7, 2014
Lauryn is back super focused on writing again.

Welcome back! Happy b Dirty thirty!

Cruor Vult

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Feb 18, 2014
I always have this ridiculous fantasy of writing my entire novel in a day. Nope, that never happens.
But I am five chapters and 5500 words in. Not bad for about 3.5-4 hours. I was on a roll early this morning, right?

That's some machine gun writing right there. That story just wants out.

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
Lauryn is back super focused on writing again.

Welcome back! Happy b Dirty thirty!
Thanks - I have until January to experience that... :D

That's some machine gun writing right there. That story just wants out.

Yes! It does. And it came out of nowhere a couple of weeks before layoff. Now I have time to knock it out!
671.gif

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
The week has been very interesting. It's been a re-calibration of sorts. I don't want to go back to work. I want the money that would come from it, but I also know the money is only pocket change - temporary.

I just purchased a bunch of covers from GoonWrite.com for my project. I only anticipated this being a one-off story, but it's 4 covers. We'll see what I do with this since stories are popular in a series format.

I will figure this out because the story is that cool to me. Showed it to people before the action really, truly started and they love what they see.

Ricochet is closer to my heart but this one is probably going to be a winner too.

We'll see. LOL.

My goal is to get to 7 chapters in the next few hours. Time to Smang it.
anigif_enhanced-buzz-25954-1347139839-3.gif

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
Back real quick.

Just to say that:

1. I wish I considered fiction writing earlier.
2. I wish I never stopped writing.

I wrote and published my first book 3 years ago. I should have really leveraged what I did so that I wouldn't have been on square one again. This isn't unfamiliar to me because I've had to hustle to live before, but I should have broken the cycle by writing more and more instead of banking on one book. Or really invested in my marketing.

Writing great sh*t is key for success, but consistently writing great sh*t and having a marketing and promotion strategy is also important. As I sit here on my couch fighting the old monkey mind, I have to remember I am in the midst of creating success right now, because it's something that I am positive I will focus on from this point forward. My body is trying to distract me by saying its not comfortable and to change into all these positions, but you know what's even more uncomfortable?

Getting laid off and having your final check not being given to you... and not knowing when, if ever, you will get it.
Also, waiting to find out whether or not you'll be approved for unemployment in the meantime.

I know we talk about people being lazy and living off the system, but from what I've seen you have to have WORKED in order to collect unemployment, which I have, thank you very much. Considering this is the case, if I am approved, I have to leverage this, with everything else, to make things happen for me.

I've had some interesting job prospects... nothing concrete. But right now, I just want to say if you are working or lurking and want a life lesson, it's build momentum and keep writing and investing in this craft... I really wish I had - even a year ago. I can only wonder how much more secure I'd feel now.

Right now, everything I'm doing is only securing November forward. It's planting season for me.

LOL As a friend once said, keep hoeing til you reap a good harvest.

gregarious18

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jun 8, 2014
Back real quick.

Just to say that:

1. I wish I considered fiction writing earlier.
2. I wish I never stopped writing.

I wrote and published my first book 3 years ago. I should have really leveraged what I did so that I wouldn't have been on square one again. This isn't unfamiliar to me because I've had to hustle to live before, but I should have broken the cycle by writing more and more instead of banking on one book. Or really invested in my marketing.

Writing great sh*t is key for success, but consistently writing great sh*t and having a marketing and promotion strategy is also important. As I sit here on my couch fighting the old monkey mind, I have to remember I am in the midst of creating success right now, because it's something that I am positive I will focus on from this point forward. My body is trying to distract me by saying its not comfortable and to change into all these positions, but you know what's even more uncomfortable?

Getting laid off and having your final check not being given to you... and not knowing when, if ever, you will get it.
Also, waiting to find out whether or not you'll be approved for unemployment in the meantime.

I know we talk about people being lazy and living off the system, but from what I've seen you have to have WORKED in order to collect unemployment, which I have, thank you very much. Considering this is the case, if I am approved, I have to leverage this, with everything else, to make things happen for me.

I've had some interesting job prospects... nothing concrete. But right now, I just want to say if you are working or lurking and want a life lesson, it's build momentum and keep writing and investing in this craft... I really wish I had - even a year ago. I can only wonder how much more secure I'd feel now.

Right now, everything I'm doing is only securing November forward. It's planting season for me.

LOL As a friend once said, keep hoeing til you reap a good harvest.

You're smart. The great thing about being an Indie Author, you choose what to do and pivot to adjust to new changes. Do you also write junk food ebooks (books made to entertain) like certain popular fictional genres? I think you should do 2-3 series (3plus books each series/10-30k words each part) of junk food ebooks and use that to give you breathing room. I'll go back to your intelligence and internet marketing experience, I think your eyes will find something popular, but underserved. Right now, I'm working on 3 series (various development levels) on werewolves and billionaires and I'm constantly building up other ideas and doing outline . . . besides doing dating/erotica books.

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
You're smart. The great thing about being an Indie Author, you choose what to do and pivot to adjust to new changes. Do you also write junk food ebooks (books made to entertain) like certain popular fictional genres? I think you should do 2-3 series (3plus books each series/10-30k words each part) of junk food ebooks and use that to give you breathing room. I'll go back to your intelligence and internet marketing experience, I think your eyes will find something popular, but underserved. Right now, I'm working on 3 series (various development levels) on werewolves and billionaires and I'm constantly building up other ideas and doing outline . . . besides doing dating/erotica books.

I think about that, but I have this problem.... I'm an artist... and I'm sensitive about anything my name goes on. I may not be the best writer in the world. All that is subjective; but I've seen firsthand the things I write sell more when I have a passion and urge to release myself in the work. I hope I can change that - or at least learn to scale love of fast selling genres with that.

beyonce-swears.gif

I did turn this new project into a series based off the covers I purchased. I wanted one, but it was only available as a set. Inasmuch, there are four covers, so I need to come up with 4 stories. I already have an interesting twist on what I'm going to do with the 4th cover. It will be the entire series... and then I'm going to kick something fresh into it.

Further - I'm still over here working on the first series I'm doing... Playboy Diaries. I'm under contract. We'll see how that plays out. This one I'm doing now is for a wider audience.

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
10,386 words completed.

I took a very long time structuring the first sex scene... which comes a couple of chapters/pages in. This is a deliberate sculpting. I read some people write 2,500 word erotica shorts and sell them. That's not me; that's not happening here.

There's actually a plot involved here. Maybe a slightly cliché plot, but hopefully my spin is quite different from the ordinary. I'm nearly on a roll right now. I'm about 25 or 26 pages in, so I'm hoping I can get to 100 pages within the next few days and create a solid story line upon which to follow.

One of the things that had to be re-worked in Ricochet was lack of action. I needed less flashbank and more this is what happened and here's what's happening now...

That's pretty much fixed here.

If anything I want to figure out a way to write more visceral and sexy. Graphic and experiential as I indulge the senses. We'll see.

Either way... I got 10,386 words completed! Can't tell me nothing, k?

nicki-whatever.gif

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
13.9K words...
It's so interesting how the plots create themselves.

And my dirtiness taunts me...
Literally.

I can't believe the stuff I create sometimes.
That dark side comes out and she's like, "Hello darling"

Super-Bowl-2013-Beyonce-GIF-6.gif

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
I came up with an idea for my promo for this new book.
I finally got my covers back, so -

I'm going to set up a free email account using MailCheat(Chimp) (I have aweber for my other business, but so what?)
I'm going to weave MailCheat(Chimp) into my Selz.com account, and I'm going to release the cover and the first few chapters of the book - including the sex scene - the first one, which is about 25 pages total - as a bundle PDF.

This will be a couple of days - perhaps a week - prior to dropping the book on Amazon. I'll have pre-orders popping and build a list exclusively for my author name (it's another pen but one people who know "me" know I used), and I'm going to stream it into a publishing website I already own.

So ---> book writing will continue but in the midst, I'll market with book samples + cover to drum Amazon pre-orders.
This title will be Kindle Unlimited. If I can, I will either narrate or find someone to narrate and create an Audible. The story is hot.
I have a distinctive voice (some say it's sexy) but I don't know if I can tolerate reading this with the voice I need, although I have done voiceover work and a couple of recorded announcements for people.

[HASHTAG]#LEGGO[/HASHTAG]

tumblr_m7jc3suGZA1qfj59do1_500.gif

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
All of my books are now exclusively on Kindle. I make pennychange on Nook. I think the highest I ever made was $60. And I don't buy or purchase or read Nook. I've started getting some KU royalties since doing this. I'm hoping to see how the exclusivity will help me as I build up a platform right now.

43 pages in on my novella. My goal is to crush 100 pages. I would love to get my sampler out in the next few days. To be honest, I could get it out now, but I don't want to. No real reason why. Perhaps it's because I'm not really sure when the book itself will be finished. I want to have it done this week but I'm actually going out of town and I don't know how much time I'll really have to get this done.

I guess if I can trap interest for now, it's good enough.

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
Updates:
=======

• 8,000 word sampler on Smashwords
  • Same sampler on Amazon for 99 cents - clearly I'm hoping to rock this Permafree
  • Release date for the book set September 8, 2014.
I have to have the book completed by next Friday. If it's not completed, I lose pre-order rights for one FULL year.

Any orders or reads I get between now until then is going to set the stage. I'll see the series through til it's done. It's all I got while I'm working on everything else.

So exciteeeeeeeeeeeeeed!

tumblr_mqd6889KDs1s7pipjo1_500.gif

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
My last job text us saying that we would get money today or tomorrow. My money was due on the 5th. Today they text us saying that the client only is scheduling their payment on the 29th. So no, Lauryn is NOT getting paid, and there isn't much of sh*t I can do.

I have dollars to my name. I'm being forced to travel out of town to go to a funeral despite pushing the fact that I really do not mind NOT attending due to what's going on in my life. But whatever, parents are going to fight and push their agenda regardless. They're also the ones who are going to help me with my rent due to what's going on, so I have to suck it up and be cool regardless.

I NEED TO FOCUS. I haven't been job hunting, but someone found my resume and I have a job interview tomorrow, and a quarter tank of gas. I'm really at a point where I'm cool and I'm nice and I'm laughing, but I really don't give a shit and will cut you off if I feel like you're not bringing it. Some of my friends are complaining about their lives while they are not in such a cutthroat position as I am in.

My clients are what's keeping me afloat. My clients and this book series. Now I have no choice but to finish this book on or before time.

Do you know what it's like to be in a position where you realize how expensive it is to complain? You get extreme F*cking clarity. I'm not in a position to complain. I cannot complain. I can't afford to - LMAO! All I can do is share to document and release this experience and continue to act. Anything else is simply a waste of energy.

Despite how f*cked up it looks and feels, I'm creating the experience of success right now.

keep-calm-go-hard-or-go-home--6.png

Cruor Vult

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Feb 18, 2014
Do you know what it's like to be in a position where you realize how expensive it is to complain? You get extreme F*cking clarity. I'm not in a position to complain. I cannot complain. I can't afford to - LMAO! All I can do is share to document and release this experience and continue to act. Anything else is simply a waste of energy.

I never understood complainers. If your life sucks, you can wallow in it or do something. If you choose the latter, there's no stopping you at all.

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
No real writing. Almost 70 downloads of the sampler in the past 24 hours via Smashwords. Another couple copies downloaded for 99 cents via Amazon. (Waiting for it to become perma-free but it is available via Kindle Unlimited.)

I've been listening to Write. Publish. Repeat. for the past few days while cleaning up and taking breaks from other work. So far it's been pretty informative. I learned I've been doing quite a few things right, including let the story take on a life of its own. It's pretty reassuring.

The fact that a few people have positive feedback about the sampler (privately to me) is also good. I'm really just focused on knocking out some more of the story over the next week. It's got to be done by next Thursday. No excuses.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.