The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Decreasing Belief

FastlaneTiger

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Jun 27, 2014
Not the USA
The more I learn about and read about businesses the weaker my belief becomes.
I feel like you have to be lucky even if your knowledge is big about businesses.
Has any of you felt like this?
Second question: Who are the most successful fastlaners on the forum? I mean who became millionaires/financially free.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
The more I learn about and read about businesses the weaker my belief becomes.
I feel like you have to be lucky even if your knowledge is big about businesses.
Has any of you felt like this?
Second question: Who are the most successful fastlaners on the forum? I mean who became millionaires/financially free.

You are only 15. you have a LONG way to go in life to get where you think you want to go. Sure, you have to believe in yourself and in your concept but there is a lot more to it than that.

You might want to look at the rep banks under the member's avatars to see who is who.

As you said, you have 2 months to read and learn. Then read and learn. You won't change everything in 2 months, this is a life process.

Good luck.

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK
There is a saying that goes somewhat to the effect of, beginners think they know everything, and they learn they know less and less as they learn more and more.

Everyone has things they don't know about business, and as you get more exposed to the business world, you realize that you don't know as much as you thought you did. I think that's fairly common.

But that's ok! You just need to know about the following step you need to take to succeed. Maybe the following two steps. Have a solid plan and a vision for where you want to be, and take it one step at a time. Don't let how much you don't know scare you off. If you look at the big picture, yes, it'll seem like you have to be lucky or know way more information than you do, but if you take it one step at a time, it's not nearly as overwhelming (for me personally, at least).

FastlaneTiger

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Jun 27, 2014
Not the USA

NicoleMarie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
May 1, 2014
Wisconsin, USA
Just remember that there are many unknown millionaires under the radar so there are actually lots of people. I think the gold threads are where you'll find success stories. Just remember that you can increase your probabilities and when something happens, it'll seem like luck.

G

GuestUser113

You need drastically change your belief system now. It doesn't matter if anyone on this board is a millionaire. Only thing that matters, is that it has been done before, again and again and again. Normal people, man. Don't look at it as "if he did it, I can do it". If you want it, get your self up and grind it. Put that work in, day in and day out.

JUST GET IT RIGHT ONCE
“Always remember that no matter how many times you get shot down, you will get smarter, better and you only have to be right once to be successful,” says Cuban.

“I’m always afraid of failing,” says Cuban. “It’s great motivation to work harder.”

Despite being a billionaire by the time he had reached his early 40s, Cuban’s path to success was fraught with difficulties. “I worked jobs I didn’t like,” Cuban recalls. “I worked jobs I loved, but had no chance of being a career. I worked jobs that barely paid the rent. I had so many jobs my parents wondered if I would be stable.” From his futile garbage bag business to his failed powdered milk venture to being fired from his first real job, Cuban had experienced so much disappointment in his early years that even he was doubtful as to whether he would find success in any career. He was also cut from his high school basketball team and had numerous credit cards cut up in front of his face. “In reality, I had as much doubt as confidence,” he says. “I was just hoping the confidence would win over the doubt and it would all work out for the best.”

Cuban never gave up on his dream of running his own business. He continued to work towards his goal and knew that it would only take one successful attempt to make up for all his previous failed attempts. “Rejection has only been a distraction, not a roadblock,” says Cuban. “‘Every no gets me closer to a yes,’ was the saying I used to use.”

Instead of letting his failures get the better of him, Cuban took each as a learning opportunity. “I'm the type that thinks if you don't learn from history, you're doomed to repeat it,” he says. “With every effort, I learned a lot. With every mistake and failure, not only mine, but of those around me, I learned what not to do.” He examined the successes and failures of those whom he did business with as well, taking lessons from wherever he could.

“I had more than a healthy dose of fear, and an unlimited amount of hope, and more importantly, no limit on time and effort.” Cuban didn’t care how many times his ventures got botched. He had faith that once he perfected his strategy, nobody would remember any of his past disappointments; they would only know his successes. “It doesn’t matter how many times you fail,” says Cuban. “It doesn’t matter how many times you almost get it right. No one is going to know or care about your failures, and neither should you. All you have to do is learn from them and those around you.”

Cuban understood that the life of an entrepreneur was a risky one, full of risks and uncertainty, but it was a life he took on both willingly and gladly. “All that matters in business is that you get it right once,” says Cuban. “Then everyone can tell you how lucky you are.”

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I met a guy at an unofficial forum get together.

I made a value judgment, and proceeded to tell him how to do business. I was lending my incredible wisdom to this poor soul.
Then...

slowly...

I started to peel back the onion layers of his business.

I realized he had a business that was many times larger than mine.

That he had a reach that was many times bigger than mine.

And that he probably had a bank account with a few more zero's following the main digit than mine.

So... my advice to you.

Do not judge anyone here by trying to decode an answer to your original post.

You will miss the value of what the Millionaire Fast Lane forum can teach you.

Several of my favorite posters have grown up here in front of my eyes in a few short years.

From zero to success. From poor to rich. From newbies to entrepreneurs.

Don't make the same mistakes I have made. Don't judge a book by it's cover.

The answers to your original questions regarding material wealth are not important.

I can learn things from you.

That makes your value equal to mine, and equal to anyone else here on a path towards success.

johnheerhold

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jul 7, 2014
Just proof that your belief determines your success. You will never get to the Fastlane because you believe you have to be lucky to win. You have already taken yourself out of the game. I encourage you to evaluate your beliefs and determine if they support you or hold you back.

Ashten

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
May 30, 2014
San Diego, CA
"We don't know what we don't know, but we think we know." This is a quote I love, explains everything.

Remember what MJ said in the book? It's a process. Don't look at peoples 'events' & think they're just "lucky" - they aren't. They had a vision, knew what they wanted and their RAS (Reticular Activating System) picked up everything else as they went along. The things you need will show up because your focus will actually pick them up from taking action, with no vision everything you need slips right by you & you aren't even aware of it.

Belief that you're going to make it is critical. You should have unwavering faith that you will & you're willing to fail to succeed. Sure some times you fail, but it's the only way to learn & gives you an opportunity to better perfect yourself in the process. It's all perception man!

If everything was all 'event' & no process, what kind of value would the event be?

MisterBHZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Dec 10, 2013
Memphis, TN
With anything worthy, its going to take time to build.

Look at success & money like you would do working out. Would you be big and strong after one hard work out? Nope. But, you'd be big and strong after countless workouts spanning months and years.

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
I feel like you have to be lucky even if your knowledge is big about businesses

Please read "Think and Grow Rich" I really mean it, actually listen to it on Youtube the narrator has a great speaking voice. I wish I read this kinda stuff when I was young.

hotshot

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Sep 24, 2012
Ontario
I assume you're having a hard time imagining yourself in their shoes when you read about other people's success. At least that's how it was for me.

Keep in mind, they're at the top of the mountain relative to you. The truth is, they'll never be at the top of their own mountain. They'll always be growing. That's why it's healthy to simply strive to be better than you were yesterday.

Try not to compare yourself to someone who's reached "the end". They're hard to relate to because of the hundreds of small victories that shaped their character along the way. When you embark on the process it will change you as a person.

Your knowledge doesn't even have to be that "big about business". You just have to be good at ONE business. Yes, luck may be a factor. But there are many businesses that allow you to test along the way.

For example - Lots of people here using Amazon as a launchpad for their products. When you get that lucky product, just scale it up. Put logos on the products. Open your own online store. Approach local shops about reselling your products. You get the idea.

gstarr

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 7, 2014
St Petersburg, FL
I'm at the bottom of the mountain looking up right now but with work and determination, I will be moving up that mountain. The American dream isn't dead yet.

FastlaneTiger

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Jun 27, 2014
Not the USA
Thanks again. I think I'll reread the book soon.

Ashten

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
May 30, 2014
San Diego, CA
I would read the book: Simple Steps to Impossible Dreams by Steven Scott... Truly eye-opener & will help you at this point.

FastlaneTiger

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Jun 27, 2014
Not the USA
Hmm, looking back at this thread people were trying to help me but after my I'M PISSED OFF pointless thread my everybody thinks that I'm a fool.
But don't get me wrong it's my fault, I made myself a fool.
I've lost your respect. All of yours.

FastlaneTiger

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Jun 27, 2014
Not the USA
I honestly don't know what happened to me, when I joined the forum I was feeling invincible like an "alpha" male.
But now I feel like a piece of s*** on the middle of the road.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Listen. A few years back, I was at the absolute bottom of life. Depths you have never even heard of.

A few rough posts on the internet don't mean anything.

Start from today. Press forward. Keep your chin up. You are only at the beginning.

Don't worry. Don't take yourself so seriously. Sit back, study, read, learn, and contribute.

FastlaneTiger

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Jun 27, 2014
Not the USA
Sent you an e-mail. Hope it's the right address.
Want to ask you something that I don't want the public to see...
@Vigilante

Last edited:

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
when I joined the forum I was feeling invincible like an "alpha" male.
But now I feel like a piece of s*** on the middle of the road.

This is a lesson in itself.

I could tell you what it is, but figure it out yourself.

Things stick better when you figure them out yourself.

And like Vig said, Don't worry. The sky will not fall.

Yury

fancy slogan
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Dec 12, 2013
even if your knowledge is big about businesses
You can read lots and lots about riding a bicycle and your knowledge will get get deeper and deeper.
You will read about off-road bikes and about best tricks for riding bicycles as fast as possible and so on.

And then you finally get a bicycle and ride it for the first time in your life.

Guess what? You're likely to fall off it, no matter how deep your knowledge is.
Yeah, I guess there are people who started cycling like pros the very first time they touched the bike.

But most of us mere mortals would just fall of that first bike if we would do it without some support.
So you would have to actually go and ride and maybe fall and get up and try again. And again. And again.
And then you've got it! Yay!.. And even then you might fall again.

Does it stops kids and adults from riding bicycles!? Hell no.

Of course it also does not mean that you should go and hurt yourself badly.
Some knowledge is fine, it would be better to know (and implement) some safety measures etc.

But eventually you just have to go and try it yourself.

As FionaS said above, don't be scared of the big picture ("cycling from one coast to another" or "winning a race") - you'd better practice the small parts first because "business" is not an event, it's a repeated process made of tiny little steps that you need to master.

And you're doing it already - instead of playing some computer game you're here, talking to proper minded people and learning from them.

So just keep going, try to do something first, even something tiny just to get the taste of it. And learn from it and read more about it. After actually DOING something, reading about it will be more beneficial because the words will be not abstractions anymore, but they will be about your own experience.

I feel like you have to be lucky
Well, why not to be lucky? (especially as in the ole good quote '...the luckier I get')
But you'd better avoid relying on it as 'no luck today' usually is just another excuse that blames some 3rd party instead of finding the cause of the problem and figuring out how to overcome it.

nausbot

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Jul 7, 2013
London, Canada
I believe the first part of that quote is.. "the harder I practice (work), the luckier I get".

Look at Yury's avatar... there are thousands of "smart" people that are "gonna" "wanna" "someday" "eventually", and then there are the people that go ahead and act, learn, believe, and act again.

If you've studied success/business, you'll find that there are a lot of ultra successful people that were doubters, who failed, who slept on friends couches but who didn't give up. There's a lot of back stories of blood, sweat and tears that you don't hear about when you hear about the "overnight success".

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
May 2, 2013
Luck is solved by trying enough times.

Maybe it's luck to flip a coin and get heads twice in a row. If all you could do was flip twice and you either got it or you didn't that would be luck. But when you can flip the coin as many times as you want, success just means you have to keep flipping.

Check out some of the threads on the people publishing ebooks on kindle. No one had a break out first book. They each had to write tons of books until they finally hit something that made decent money. Gotta keep flipping the coin!

Each failure is also a learning opportunity, making the next coin flip more likely to be a success.

It's difficult to imagine having a profitable business when so many of the smaller pieces seem out of reach. You can't close your eyes and visualize the steps you need to take to set up a business, right? That's what makes it scary. That's also what happens if you stick only to abstract book learning.

Can you visualize in your minds eye what you need to do to buy the domain to a website? How about to get hosting? What about setting up a wordpress website?

Do you know how to set up an adwords campaign on google and direct traffic to your created website?

No? Then of course it's going to seem out of your reach! Those would be super useful things to just go through to see how it's done. Seriously, this would cost < $50. Having that kind of experience under your belt will really transform your ability to see opportunities. Abstract knowledge like you get from the millionaire fast lane is AWESOME for getting your head on straight, but only experiencing and actually doing things will teach you how to set up a business in the real world.

Once you're done with that, you know you can get a website up, design it, and send people to it through advertising. You can do it again whenever you want now because you put in the time to actually do it in the real world.

What do you want to sell on your website now? You could write an ebook teaching people something, or put a product you designed and have it shipped from a a manufacturer in china. Do those ideas seem daunting...? Well, it's the same as the other stuff. If it's just some abstract idea (i guess you email them... but who? from what website? what does it look like when it arrives?) then you need to push to turn it into an actual experience. You just need to do it once and you'll feel way more comfortable with it and it's a new tool in your entrepreneurial tool box.

The first time you do these things you're not going to make money. You are paying for experience. Once these steps are things that you know happen in the real world, and that aren't just "ideas" floating around in your head, it will be way easier to take advantage of any opportunities that float your way.

You are SO LUCKY that you found this group at such a young age, and no one has lost any respect for you.

Just keep pushing your comfort zone, learning from people that understand more than you, and getting new experiences. We're all gonna make it.

G

GuestUser113

Lucky Bastards Play the Game
- Process creates events that others see as luck
- Luck is introduced when you play the game
- Big hits are attempts to bypass the wealth journey and start at the end
- Sidewalkers have three false beliefs, luck is needed for wealth, wealth is an event, others can give wealth to me

Rcaraway1989

Rob C
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
470%
Mar 16, 2011
Austin, TX
I feel the best proof is that their are SEVERAL Millionaires who have lost all their money, then BECAME MILLIONAIRES AGAIN.

A profound example is James Altucher. Lost 15 million in a summer, hit rock bottom, made it all back, lost it all AGAIN, then made it all back again.

Once you learn entrepreneurism, it's a repeatable process.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
You should fail at business a couple times. Start a business, have it fail. (Usually your first business fails due to not having a paying customer)

Start another one, make some money, have it fail. (This failure will be more interesting. Maybe you couldn't meet demand. Maybe you got priced out of the game by a competitor. Maybe your margins shrunk too bad. Maybe you got too burned out.)

Start another one, make more or less money, have it fail. (This business will probably not fail for the same reason as your last one.)

I saw you're 15 years old. Your balls dropped yesterday, bro. No need to want it all so fast! Business is a lifelong journey.

P.S. If you rely purely on motivation to get you moving, you're gonna have a bad time.

P.P.S. Don't contact the 'more successful' members unless you have something going already and you want a specific piece of advice that's directly applicable to your business. A mentor is not a fast track to success.

liquidglass

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Oct 24, 2011
Luck = preparation + opportunity

If anyone ever says different, don't trust them, they are likely to lie about other things as well.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.