The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How I made $185,000.00 in a week.

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
MJ told me to do this. So here goes.

I got the idea to start brokering energy in 2009. I quickly realized that the business is ridiculously simple, and it would be a waste of both time and money to get a sales gig at one of the hundreds of brokerages in my city.

For almost the first year, I made a whopping $500. Maybe a little more, but not by much. The process started with me finding the right supplier. I already knew my product - electricity and natural gas - but that was just the first step. The logic behind selling electricity and natural gas contracts was simple: The global recession had just hit, and companies weren't flowing with money as they used to. In fact, companies were losing money and struggling to stay afloat. Combine this with the fact that electricity prices correlate with economic performance and - viola! - perfect environment to sell.

Electricity deregulation helped. Some states passed new laws in 2009 and 2010 that made selling electricity even easier. At that moment, it was open season on the biggest clients available.

At the end of 2009, I got my act together. I went through many suppliers until I found the one with the best pricing all day everyday. No other supplier could compete. Step one complete. Time to go to battle.

Next step was filling my pipeline with as many potential clients as possible. Sales is so much like dating it's crazy. The more you fill your pipeline with potential clients, the more things just flow better. When you only have one or two prospects, they can smell it on you.

I spent a fair amount of time and money researching the right companies and contacts to call, until I had extremely organized spreadsheets with addresses, names of companies, the square footage of buildings, company phone numbers and in some cases direct dials. Now it was time to make phone calls.

That's where I shine. I have an extremely obsessive personality, and while most people don't have the patience to sit on the phone for 10 hours a day and make 100 - 300 phone calls (depending on how many people you get in touch with), I did.

I closed my second deal at the end of 2009. $10,000. Then another in January. Another $10,000. Then a bigger one in March for $30,000. The deals kept coming in, until I really gained speed and momentum, right up until I contacted my biggest client. Surprisingly enough, they closed just four days after getting the proposal. Crazy fast.

At this point, I've got my hands on something that's similarly fresh in the marketplace, but it's taken a lot more time and creativity to figure out the right strategy to attack the marketplace. The deals are bigger. The stakes are higher, and it's not secret - on this site, anyway - that I've battled my own personal demons for awhile. (MJ's right about some of the more money more problems thing he's talked about,)

I feel as though I have a bit of a reputation to live to (or live down, lol). MJ quoted me in his book, which is cool, and then I embarrassed him with my tirades. I'm not going to apologize for them, for a couple of reasons. One, I meant everything I said. Have I been angry enough to kill someone? Yup. Would I ever do it? Nope, because I'm about to get this money. Why screw that up for a mere moment of revenge, when the revenge of success will last a life time? Two, my posts here are a kind of lachrymose mental museum of pain. One dude who posted in one of my threads commented that my posts were "too painful to read." LOL. Yea. Just imagine how painful they were to write.

To me, those old posts will serve as a reminder of where I came from, how low I was, and how hard I had to fight to pull myself up. Those painful words that I bled all over this site should remind me to never get so intoxicated from success (this happened me before) that I forget my humanity. And maybe even more importantly - and maybe I can hope this - they will serve to motivate some guy going through the same thing I went through, just like MJ has for so many people. Sometimes, all a dude needs at the bottom is an example of a man who climbed his way out of hell.

My point is that what made MJ real to me - and still makes him real, to a degree - is the fact that he seems like a real person, with a real story. Not like the other gurus that he rightfully pillories and criticizes. He was a real broke dude, with real broke problems. Broke, but not broken.

And then he rose up, and you know the story from there. It's only right, just and fitting that I follow in his footsteps. History is full of glorious stories - from Hannibal and Spartacus, to Vlad Tepes and Musashi - insight into the thoughts and actions of men who paid back their enemies in the ultimate way. Today, things are different. Alexander The Great conquered the known world, emphasis on the KNOWN part. Centuries upon centuries ago, man had yet to discover certain parts of the world. Not so today.

But there are still things to conquer. Industries. Markets. If you think about it, a large company - or a massive client worth tons of $$$ - is a bit like a walled city, like the city of Tyre that Alexander and his army laid siege to at the pinnacle the King's career as a general. And during the process of overtaking Tyre, it is said that Alexander became a monster, that what he did to the leaders and people of Tyre once he breached the city's walls is too unspeakable to be written about. In the last biography of Alexander that I read, it stated simply that Alexander and his men unleashed the hatred and rage that had been building all of the months prior. If any of this offends your sensibilities, perhaps you are too sensitive. Or, maybe you haven't been intensely desensitized by the trials and tribulations of life. Either way, if history tells us anything, it's that it remembers the great men who accomplish great things, especially when they overcame odds - backstabbing friends and foes, so-called allies too blind to see the light, too dumb to hear the truth, and too weak and cowardly to do what is necessary - to get even.

ubermenschforever.blogspot.com

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
Looking forward to hearing more updates from you, my man. Your story so far has been quite...ELECTRIFYING.

agN35B1.gif

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Every ubermensch post. Every goddamn one. Every goddamn time.

310.gif

Last edited:

MakeItCount

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
May 18, 2014
@Ubermensch

What kind of money did you start off with ? It sounds like a business where you'd need a large initial investment.

Also you mention signing deals for 10k and 30k, are these recurring payments or once off ?

It also sounds like you'd need a lot of knowledge or contacts to begin with. Would this be correct ?

What initial steps would one take to get started in this business, assuming no previous knowledge/contacts ?

• Banned

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
@Ubermensch

What kind of money did you start off with ? It sounds like a business where you'd need a large initial investment.

If you've read MJ's book, you know the kind of money I was making around a year before I started the biz. I was technically self-employed, contracted as an investment banker by a middle-market real estate developer seeking $1M - $10M equity investments from top-tier private equity funds. They were my largest client (but not my only one), paying me $5,000 per month. Then the recession hit.

I wasn't rolling in the dough, certainly not by Fastlane terms, but I had enough bread (crumbs) to live off of while I got started. Off the top of my head, let me think about the costs:

I had to set up the legal entity that would actually sign contracts with the electricity/natural gas suppliers. I did that through LegalZoom, and it cost me a few hundred bucks. I had a website built by a friend of a friend for $600. In retrospect, though, I didn't really need the site. To keep costs low, I did my own legal work. Without consulting an attorney, I personally reviewed the agreements between my legal entity and the suppliers.

Then there was the licensing. Every state has its own commission that oversees brokers, and you (technically) have to be licensed to do business in these states. Some have more stringent rules than others. Getting licensed was easy. Compared to old industries like commercial real estate and commercial insurance, there are almost no federal rules and surprisingly little red tape (the kind of business I prefer). That said, there is a lot of legal language required in the filing process, and most brokerages pay an attorney $2,000 - $5,000 to draft and file said papers. Again, I did my own legal work, drafting and filing the documents myself.

Aside from my mobile phone, which cost me around $100 per month for unlimited minutes, I can't think of any other costs I incurred (other than travel). So, I'd say my total costs to start the biz were under $1,000.

Also you mention signing deals for 10k and 30k, are these recurring payments or once off?

In the energy biz, suppliers pay you in different ways. All payments are based on the annual usage of the client.

Example: Suppose you have a nursing home client with 20 locations, and the aggregate usage is 20,000,000 kWh. Your job as a broker would be to get the client to sign a contract with supplier ABC. Once the agreement is signed, and the client begins using electricity from the new supply source, the supplier either pays you one lump sum, or recurring payments over the life of the contract. I received payments both ways.

It also sounds like you'd need a lot of knowledge or contacts to begin with. Would this be correct ?

Honestly, the only knowledge I began with was that the recession happened, companies were low on revenue, electricity prices were at a ten-year low and - perhaps most importantly - signing an electricity contract requires no upfront costs on the part of the client. No upfront retainer or hourly stipends from the broker. The client only paid once they started saving money.

When I started the electricity biz, I could barely spell kWh. I knew nothing about generation, and who the major players were. It was a process of trial-and-error to figure out which supplier was the best. This took me a year. Once I found the right supplier, everything clicked. Knowing what I know now, that process could have been cut down by a lot.

As far as contacts, every single client I got - except for my first one, which made me around $500 - I got through cold-calling. No connections whatsoever. Just dialing for dollars Wolf of Wall Street style.

What I should emphasize the most is that the quality of your call list means a lot. Actually, that's a cost I forgot to mention, but these costs do not have to be significant. I used a manufacturing and industrial list that came on a CD, and it only cost me a few hundred bucks.

Regardless of your business, I would check out LinkedIn's business development tools. Some of Linkedin's stuff is the best kept secret. At one point, they had a service that literally allowed you to view full profiles for every single person on LinkedIn... all 100 million. At one point, you could even view all of the persons's connections, and you had the ability to send private messages to these people. Pretty crazy prospecting tool if used correctly. But it's expensive, and they've since scaled back the comprehensiveness of the tool, making it much less cool in my opinion.

That said, the holy grail of call lists is one that gives you direct access to the decision makers. The best case scenario is having a corporate decision maker's cell phone number and well-researched, comprehensive information on said contact's professional and even personal life. Over the years, I've somewhat perfected the way to compile such lists using online databases.

What initial steps would one take to get started in this business, assuming no previous knowledge/contacts ?

I no longer run my own brokerage, because I think there are WAY too many brokers and suppliers in the game now. Margins have shrunk and there are so many amateurs that it gives the real professionals a bad name. However, if something about the energy business sincerely sparks your interest, I can point you in the right direction if you like. Just PM me if you're interested.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I no longer run my own brokerage, because I think there are WAY too many brokers and suppliers in the game now. Margins have shrunk and there are so many amateurs that it gives the real professionals a bad name.

So you're out the business? Were entry barriers so low that you no longer feel it's a worthy endeavor?

MakeItCount

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
May 18, 2014
Thanks for the detailed response Ubermensch.

The process no doubt took a great deal of initiative and determination, especially seeing that you came with no previous knowledge.
I'd imagine your experience as an investment banker enabled you to bring that extra professionalism and confidence to your dealing with clients/cold calling ?

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
What were your biggest obstacles?

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
So you're out the business? Were entry barriers so low that you no longer feel it's a worthy endeavor?

Not out of it, but I just don't operate my own brokerage anymore. I broker through others, so I don't have to waste time with keeping up my license, pricing accounts, communicating with suppliers, etc.

Yes, the barriers of entry were low. Barrier of entry is a hallmark of your work, and the energy biz is probably a great example of it. It depends how you look at it, though. For the large suppliers - Direct Energy, Constellation, etc - it's pretty difficult for a noob to get in and get a contract. But new suppliers are popping up all of the time - especially residential suppliers - and they're always looking for new brokers.

In 2012, I beta-tested a residential energy product for a Chicago-based supplier that went from 0 - $100M in a year. They were printed up in Forbes last year, and the article reports numbers that I helped them generate. The residential product had a lot to do with that. i made a quick six-figures off of the situation, but I should have negotiated more (I didn't realize that they were going to take the idea and run with it so aggressively... had I know, I would've asked for more than I got). I recruited top residential door-to-door sales reps away from another large supplier (IGS Energy), and scored a lot of accounts very quickly.

@socaldude

what were my biggest obstacles?

When I first started, the biggest obstacle was efficiency. The opportunity was massive. Imagine if you were walking downtown Atlanta, Dallas or Los Angeles, and every single building owner did not have a commercial real estate broker, or an insurance broker. That's how it was. The biggest buildings in the cities I was targeting didn't have an energy broker. So, in a way, my biggest obstacle was a lack of knowledge concerning how to take over the ENTIRE marketplace, instead of a small piece. After I scored the accounts I scored, other brokers started catching on at the end of 2010. By 2011, there were a bunch of them, and by 2012, I had little interest in pursuing the endeavor full-time. It wasn't fun anymore.

fter the whole thing was said and done, I had made a lot of money in a short amount of time, but I was haunted by a feeling that I could have done so much more. Had I known what I know now, I would have made MJ DeMarco money off the opportunity.

The opportunity I have now is at least ten times as big.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
Thanks for the detailed response Ubermensch.
The process no doubt took a great deal of initiative and determination, especially seeing that you came with no previous knowledge.
I'd imagine your experience as an investment banker enabled you to bring that extra professionalism and confidence to your dealing with clients/cold calling ?

A few things helped. One, no joke, MJ's story. Two, I look at big-time stars who've made a bunch of money, and I don't see anything that they have that I don't.

Three:

MakeItCount

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
May 18, 2014
A few things helped. One, no joke, MJ's story. Two, I look at big-time stars who've made a bunch of money, and I don't see anything that they have that I don't.

Three:

Good attitude! Theres no doubt with the right mindset, determination and willingness to learn, anyone can become successful.

It reminds me of this great Einstein quote- “I know quite certainly that I myself have no special talent; curiosity, obsession and dogged endurance, combined with self-criticism, have brought me to my ideas.”

Waisec

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Feb 6, 2014
Estonia
Going through a rough time in my life right now. I've always had that exact same way of thinking as in that video, but lately I've allowed some self-doubt creep in due to what some really close people have told me in recent months

This video right here was a slap in the face, I'm back on track now. Thank you for sharing it

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
Going through a rough time in my life right now. I've always had that exact same way of thinking as in that video, but lately I've allowed some self-doubt creep in due to what some really close people have told me in recent months

This video right here was a slap in the face, I'm back on track now. Thank you for sharing it

I feel you, bro. 100%. Those closest to you have the best position to hurt you. Sun-Tzu says "know your enemy." Who knows you better than a "friend"? The one(s) putting the knife in your back can only do that because you thought they had your back.

I like MakeItCount's avatar. This too shall pass. I think if you look back on even the most difficult time in your life - even the time when you were most afraid, lonely, maybe even depressed and considering quitting - you will remember that the moment did pass. Emotions and mental states rise, crest, crash and flow like ocean waves. Sometimes, you ride them like a pro. Sometimes, you get hit by a tsunami.

If you read some of my past posts, I think you will see that I feel your pain. Take it from me: Get active on this site. I'm slowly learning that the people on this site are a different breed. A lot of us feel similar things; we are all digesting the red tablet, and sometimes reality can be a bitter pill to swallow. Keep going, bro.

Stop listening to the brainless faces in The Matrix. At best, they are people still plugged into The Matrix, and they will say anything to preserve their illusions, which usually means dismissing and dissing your dreams as mere delusions. At worst, they are agents who will do anything they can to stop you from becoming what you are meant to be.

I have a buddy I met on this site with the username SteeleConcept. Sometimes, he sends me texts bragging about the $$$ he's bringing in. I'm on my come up, he tells me. That shit keeps me going. The glory of MJ's story - and this site - is that it shows you what's possible, tells you how to do it, and shows you that other "normal" people are doing it. MJ, as far as I know, wasn't born into a wealthy family, and that's pretty much the status quo for uber-successful people. At least 60% of the Forbes 400 is categorized as self-made.

Call it a funny feeling, kind of a hunch, but something tells me that you're going to do something big. Keep going, bro.

Last edited:

S&P

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Nov 11, 2013
With such a great written copy title I clicked on this thread.

And then I read every post Ubermensch ever blessed us with on this site.

This stuff is gold. I don't understand why people knock on you for being driven by hate and other negative emotions.

If I learnt one thing about emotions is that all negative states stem from FEAR and all positive states stem from LOVE

It strikes me that Ubermensch FEARED being unsuccessful. He hated being regular. He used that energy to become a total F*cking badass in my book. This is inspiring stuff. It's not always pretty. It's not always clean. It's not always FEEL GOOD.

Ubermensch you're a F*cking warrior man and you drove motivation deep into my soul with your contributions on this website. Thank you man.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
How did you figure out there were energy brokers?
Maybe just your background in finance clued you in?

Also, drafting your own legal stuff, how long did you have to study legal stuff to get that skill down?

I've thought about the energy biz, so this was, intruiging stuff.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
How did you figure out there were energy brokers?
Maybe just your background in finance clued you in?

Also, drafting your own legal stuff, how long did you have to study legal stuff to get that skill down?

I've thought about the energy biz, so this was, intruiging stuff.

Quick answer on the legal stuff. Read the book Winning Through Intimidation by Robert J. Ringer. Or, if you're lazy or short on time, find and read the cliff notes online. But I do recommend reading the whole book at some point. I haven't had any formal legal training, but I'm convinced that a lot of what attorneys do can be done on your own. You just have to be smart about it. Lots of things that you want to do in life have already been done by someone else. Just find out what they did, how they did it, learn from it, copy it, apply it, etc.

This post, and some private messages, made me realize that I need to provide more details and additional clarity.

To answer your question, I found out that there were energy brokers from a former colleague of mine from investment banking. Let's call him Ian. In 2008, we were working on some big equity deals, flying to meetings in New York City, attempting to raise capital for venture capital enterprises and real estate projects. Doing this, we ran across literally dozens of different business ideas - many good ones - on a weekly basis. Right before the recession hit, Ian mentioned that he found some guys who wanted him to start an energy brokerage. The more I thought and talked about the venture, the more . I researched the idea, reasoned that it conformed with Fastlane logic, and decided to run with it.

Let's say you want to start an energy brokerage. You're going to need get suppliers to sign a channel partnership agreement with you. That agreement will give you the legal right to sell their electricity.

How to Find Suppliers

In the state of Illinois, the ICC (Illinois Commerce Commission) oversees the licensing process for both suppliers and brokers. This link will take you to a list of licensed retail electricity suppliers that are licensed to do business in the state of Illinois. Those are the suppliers that you would need to contact to get started. Note: There is a big difference between electricity suppliers and electricity brokers. Suppliers are big companies, sometimes Fortune 500 big, like Exelon (which owns ComEd, the utility in Chicago), and Constellation (those two just merged). If I were you, I would avoid companies like Ambit Energy like the plague. It's an MLM style biz.

Contacting Suppliers

The next step is to actually contact suppliers. This requires action. You're going to have to actually pick up the phone and make a phone call. Don't half-a$$ the process by sending an e-mail. Your message will get lost. Get someone on the phone. Engage them. Make them want you. Ask yourself: Why would a supplier sign a contract with me? What am I bringing to the table? What kinds of customers am I going to bring? Suppliers want what the industry calls sticky clients, energy users with good credit, a solid history of paying their bills on time, and a certain degree of loyalty.

Next: Pick up the phone and dial for dollars. Forget the 1-800 number, unless it's a a massive company. If the suppliers is in New York, find their 212 number (area code). If it's in Chicago, find their 773 or 312 number. If it's in Texas, find their 512 number. And so on.

Next: Remember, these are big companies. Most of them have dozens, if not hundreds (if not thousands) of employees. Even if you close 1,000 deals and make a gazillion dollars, you will likely never talk to more then a few people at your supplier. In fact, you should only be talking to one person: The Channel Partner Manager.

Most suppliers have one of two ways of winning business: Their direct sales force and direct marketing campaigns, and through channel partners (a.k.a. the broker... that's you).

So, you want to call up the guy or gal in charge of signing up channel partners. That person is going to be a salesperson, usually paid a base salary, plus a commission/bonus structure that incentives them to bring in new business. For some suppliers, 100% of their business comes from brokers. Those are usually the smaller, hungrier, more aggressive suppliers. Target them first. Their pricing is usually very competitive.

Let's say you're calling Acme Energy, Inc. You find out from their website that they're headquartered in Dallas, Texas. Your first step is to contact an actual person, a channel partner manager. If you call the main office line, the secretary, administrative assistant or customer service rep answering the phone will most likely cock block the shit out of you. She'll ask you for your contact information and tell you that someone will get back to you. Maybe they will. Maybe they won't.

Instead, do a little research before calling. Type the phrase "Acme Energy, Inc channel partner manager" or "Acme Energy, Inc business development linkedin" or "Acme Energy, Inc "channel partner Linkedin." You get the idea. Those searches should pull up the linkedin profiles of actual channel partners currently working at Acme Energy, Inc. There you go. Now you know who to call, and who to ask for when you call the main number.

When you call the main line, be authoritative and sound dominant. Act as if.

Act as if you have deals ready to close (and you should!). Act as if the supplier rep on the phone has to sell you on why YOU should sell for THEIR company. "There are over a hundred suppliers on the ICC list, Gary. Tell me why I should broker for Acme." Ask Gary questions like:

Does Acme Energy only provide fixed energy solutions, or do you have index options? If not, then why? If yes, do you also sell block/index products? Fixed energy is exactly what it sounds like. The supplier provides a contract to YOUR customer, guaranteeing a price of, say, 6.4 cents per kWh. No matter what happens, your customer's price will not change over the course of the contract (could be as little as six months, as long as five years).

An index contract is basically the opposite of a fixed contract. An indexed contract means that your customer's price is going to literally change on a monthly basis. This can be good or bad, depending on the type of customer. If your customer uses energy 24/7, like a cold storage facility, grocery store, or a convenience store, this could be a good option.

A block/index product is basically a hybrid of fixed and indexed products. Some of your customer's usage price is fixed, while the remaining part "floats," or "rides the market."

Who are Acme's largest clients?

Is Acme licensed in all deregulated states? You want to know, because some of your clients have large portfolios, with commercial property in states all over the country. It would be a shame if Acme missed out on such opportunity.

Does Acme also sell natural gas? Always nice to kill two birds with one stone.

If the conversation goes well, you and the rep will exchange contact information, and you'll receive a Master Sales Agreement to review. They won't sign an agreement with you personally, so make sure you have a legal entity set up. These days, it might help to have a website, especially if you're targeting larger suppliers, but it's NOT necessary. Skip this step if you're really trying to keep start-up costs low. Use your resources to purchase quality call lists and network.

Lastly, keep your options open. Don't settle for just one supply contract with Acme. Make sure you have at least one or two other contracts.

Last edited:

oldscool

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 20, 2011
your internet
I assume winning through intimidation is the same as his fast track to dealmaking fortunes program which basically says draft your own deals without the legalese.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
Every ubermensch post. Every goddamn one. Every goddamn time.

[HASHTAG]#Tpain[/HASHTAG] said it better than I can: 2:38 - 2:45

@S&P
With such a great written copy title I clicked on this thread.

And then I read every post Ubermensch ever blessed us with on this site.

This stuff is gold. I don't understand why people knock on you for being driven by hate and other negative emotions.

If I learnt one thing about emotions is that all negative states stem from FEAR and all positive states stem from LOVE

It strikes me that Ubermensch FEARED being unsuccessful. He hated being regular. He used that energy to become a total F*cking badass in my book. This is inspiring stuff. It's not always pretty. It's not always clean. It's not always FEEL GOOD.

Ubermensch you're a F*cking warrior man and you drove motivation deep into my soul with your contributions on this website. Thank you man.

Bro,

I liked your post so much that I called up my cousin and read it to him on the phone. It's crazy to get this level of support from a stranger, 'cause it makes you feel like you actually know the dude on the other side. I unashamedly, unapologetically - and fearlessly! - poured my pain, my rage, and my emotions into those posts. All of that energy now courses through my veins while I write, work and workout.

Friedrich Nietzsche asked is it better to be quietly devoured or out-monster the monster? Judging from your avatar, you asked that question of yourself while you looked like the dude in the before picture, and you answered yourself every time you performed the grueling work necessary to spur spectacular adaptation. Look at you, ya damn monster. I know what it took to get yourself to that point. I know the sacrifices you made. I know the tempting food you resisted. I know that you probably had to swear off alcoholic beverages. I know that you had to scarf down - or should I say... quietly devour! - chicken breasts, egg whites, and/or chug down protein shakes and peanut butter sandwiches to create the aftermath in the after photo. Well done, brother. I salute your dedication, and your concentration.

Beyond your post, I've received enough private messages over the past few days to let me know that I'm on to something here. There are some angry guys out there. who have felt the 3rd degree burns (multiplied by 222) in the abyss. I have simply given voice to this, and I have watched as - one by one - individuals have stood up and said: Amen, I feel you, brother.

My posts are not for everyone. They are not for those who would have us all hold hands and sing the Barney Theme Song, ignoring the fact that some of us cannot sing, at least not songs of love, happiness, hugs, kisses, and family. Indeed, there is a time for all of this, this blessed peace we all strive for, but for the moment, our guiding wisdom must be: Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum (let him who wants peace prepare for war, Vegetius, A.D., fourth century, quoted in the preface of Robert Greene's 33 Strategies of War). My posts are for the man with a knife in his back, the man that has felt the "et tu, Brutus?" of it all.

"The problem for us is that we are trained and prepared for peace, and we are not at all prepared for what confronts us in the real world - war." (Robert Greene, Preface, 33 Strategies of War). Today, we Americans live in such a soft, coddled society. But look at our history. Look at all of the glory, on and off the battlefield. Remember the Carnegies, the Mellons, the Morgans, the titans of industry. For Christ's sake, we only constitute 5% of the world's population, yet almost half of the billionaires on earth are American. Look at all of the inventions, the cures for disease, the ideas that have made the world a better place. It is no mistake that the light bulb, itself a metaphor for a human idea, is credited to one of the greatest American inventors and discoverers.

And at the root of all this, we have our war heroes to thank, men who have spilled blood - our enemies, and their own - for freedom, for the pursuit of happiness, for ideals that our founders warned us require eternal vigilance to protect. From the time the red coats were sent back across an ocean with tails tucked, to the horrifyingly heroic and glorious sacrifices by American soldiers on the beaches of Normandy, we owe our way of life to war.

And what now? Perhaps Tyler Durden said it best. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no great war. No great depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives.

And so, my brothers, I have read your words. You say thank you for showing you that hatred and rage are legitimate emotions, that it is not merely okay to feel them; it is right and just to use them as fuel. You say, and I quote:

Much respect for your success. I read up all of your posts, and one thing resonate with me, is when u say how anger is the emotion that drives you to forget about the things that does not matter, but it strives you to do the things that you would before believe you could not do.

Dude, I had not been embracing that emotion. I always thought that anger is something that should be suppressed, but it suppress who i really am, it suppress what i'm really made of. Now that i think back, I think back in those moments, the moments that I was really pissed, at myself, at others, at the world.

It was in that moment where nothing else matters, and that it was the only time that made me focus on the things that really matters, and that i don't give a F*ck what anyone else says and just get it done! (or as mj says take massive action)

The point of this is that I can't get anything done unless I have a real deep hate as to why i should get it done, anger and hate is my only drive towards success.

In other words, I feel you man.

Much respect.

Anonymous

Thank you, brothers. And you're welcome. I can only hope that my words imbue you with the motivation to hustle at least half as much as yours do. Understand: Your words continue to have a supercharging effect on my persona. I now see that I was not alone in the basement of hell. All I had to do was yell, make some noise, and other tortured souls heard me. Understand: As you chant my name, I climb. I RI$E.

"Of all that is written, what I love the most is what a man has written with his own blood." ~ Friedrich Nietzsche.

Every dollar I make, every red cent.

Deshi Basara, brothers.

Last edited:

SJVC

Go Make It Happen.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
187%
Jun 27, 2014
UK
Man, to be honest before this post I did think you were at least partially full of sh*t.

But I get it now... You are just super motivated and confident that I mistook that as ill-informed arrogance.

Also the 50th law video, that is some powerful stuff, going to listen to that on a daily basis.

And don't get a Bugatti, they are very ugly! How about a nice matt black 458? ;)

ferrrai.jpg

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
those who would have us all hold hands and sing the Barney Theme Song, ignoring the fact that some of us cannot sing, at least not songs of love, happiness, hugs, kisses, and family

Sing it with me dude!

I think people just get tired man. They aren't out to get you. Its our own confusion that is out to get us (it doesn't shift easy). The mistake is when you lose the seed of forgiveness to plant, somewhere, sometime, someplace.

I think people do react too quickly though, and rashly.
But as a biz guy, I try to never be rash. I try to find equanimity and equality.

I think you just wanna purge.
The f'd up thing is though, you have to find the patience to find peace in between BS times.
It is only when you can do that, that you start to heal up.

Friedrich Nietzsche asked is it better to be quietly devoured or out-monster the monster?

Well, neither. Sometimes questions are useful so we can find the next question, "is this the right question".

At my hardest point in biz, it ripped me up, I had to sit there and just bear it.
But it is in your pain that it is most important to look for what fills you with abundance.
As you sit there, you don't go to dark places, you keep it light so that you don't have to lift everything, just your slice.

It is a process that repeats, and it is a process that turns into the greatist tool for being happy.
Its not the money that frees you, not showing you are right, but the pain not being able to drag you into that place.

Once I endured the worst, I wasn't as afraid of it.
If you are less afraid, thats when YOU start to appear and silence this bs monologue.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
Awesome post my man. I love businesses like this. Now how many more times can you do it? Youve done it once, why stop?

There are a lot of reasons why I could stop.

I could stop because it's hard.

I could stop because nobody around me sees what I see.

I could stop because people think I'm crazy.

I could stop because only SOME (most?) people understand WHY I'm doing what I'm doing.

I could stop because it's abnormal to work at 3:30am - note cards organized on the floor, DOG-EARED COPIES OF Dr. HAHA Lung's books on mind control and mental dominance... and Robert Greene books... spending all day on the phone, like a Wolf-of-Wall-Street eating LION, and spending all night preparing proposals...

I could stop because you should be advised - and, please, take my word for it - I ain't jokin' about this.

I could stop because the sneaking suspicion I seem to have had my entire life is suddenly becoming empirically validated prophecy... and that's SCARY...

I could stop because, in this moment, with these impending checks about to be deposited...

It's a process. The process can kick your a$$, and when it did, I came here. It is only fitting that I RI$E here.

I'm building an army that Genghis Kahn himself would admire. I'm sending out so many non-disclosures/non-circumvents and sales agreements that it's making my head spin.

GORILLIA WARFARE.

That misspelling was intentional.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!