The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'M PISSED OFF!

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
You are telling us that no one in your entire family or network has a phone number, address, or email for your uncle??

When you get his contact info, send him something of value. Offer to work one day for him for $5 in return for you buying him lunch to talk shop.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bimmer

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Apr 5, 2014
1. Ignore your cousin, he just doesn't know better. Don't blame him
2. Be a man and go and visit your uncle. Don't start asking for tips or if he wants to be your mentor. But tell him you find entrepreneurship interesting and that you are curious how it all started with him (every successful entrepreneur loves talking about this) and just go from there, ask him if you can do anything to help him so that you can learn something.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
So here is the story:
I have a cousin whose uncle is a multimillionaire. Today I asked him (my cousin 17yo) to ask for his uncle's email because I would love to have a mentor or to ask an experienced entrepreneur about things.
And I asked this question via my cousin: Would you pick a large or a small market if you had started today?
My cousin wrote this back: "You are talking bullshit" - *insert uncle name here*, go to university What the F*ck do you want as a 15 years old??! I was in an economic camp for a week and you have to go to university, everything starts with a good university!!!. Even (let's call the cousing Joe) Joe says that you are talking bullshit what do you want?
Me: amm okay bro, calm down, I might misunderstood something about the definition about markets could you please explain what a market means then? There are things that I want to learn before going to university,as you've said I'm 15 so I can't go there yet, I was thinking about gettin' a mentor ;)
He: Go to university, everything starts with a university.
Me: Only a university won't solve my problem, I need more than that 5y EXPERIENCE > 5y UNIVERSITY
My cousin wrote this back: COMON! YOU MONEY CHASER BASTARD WHAT DO YOU WANT AS A FREAKIN TEEN?! You are just a kid, money is not everything. GO TO A FREAKIN UNIVERSITY OR YOU WILL BE WORTHLESS
Me: Dude, calm the fck down I've never said that university is evil all I'm saying is that there are things that I can learn outside the university that cannot be learned inside it, from a millionaire. Don't write back I know I'm right.
Cousin: Bye, Neither me or my uncle has time for this pointless talking.

That's how you loose an opportunity to get a mentor, thanks to my a**hole cousin.
Now tell me guys. Is this fastlane attitude?

Maybe you can't see it now, but you are so far ahead of the game it doesn't even make sense. I dropped out of college at 16, and you might be even more ahead of the game than me.

I say this, because you're already on this site, reading the Millionaire Fastlane . When I was your age, I was about to enter my junior year of college, asking my college professors what good a college degree would get me. Around your age - shit, maybe exactly at your age - I decided that money was my motivation. I didn't find MJ's site until years later.

Think about it like this, bro. What's in it for them for you to get rich? MJ calls his advice the red pill, and that's a damn good analogy. From the looks of it, your people are stuck in the matrix. Some people - most people - never, ever get out.

What's in it for them for you to get rich? Think about what Drake says in the above video. Do you think these hatin' a$$ punks are going to LIKE it when you pull up in a car that says **** your life?

Congrats, bruh. You officially have haters. You should LOVE that. What fun is stuntin' if you have no one to stunt ON???

People STILL hate on me, Tiger. I have people close to me who KNOW the bread I've made. They've seen the deposits. They've seen me blow $50k. They've seen me cop Gucci and Louie like it's nothin', without checkin' the tags.

Don't worry, bro. I'ma show you what it looks like. I'ma show you what it looks like to make so much money that it hurts people's feelings. Don't stifle your rage. Don't suppress it. Let it grow inside of you. You need it. But don't just sit there bein' mad. Channel it. Let it motivate you to work for the weeks, months and years it will take to achieve your goal. There are going to be long nights ahead of you, if you're really 'bout this life. The people closest to you will doubt you. They'll say stupid crap to try to make you doubt yourself, make you think you're not going to really get it. But like Drizzy says: **** what they talkin' 'bout. They're opinion doesn't count.

Keep your eyes unflinchingly aimed on the prize. Concentrate. Focus on what matters. What do you need to do today to get yourself closer to where you want to go? What do you want your life to look like? While your haters are hating, you'll be working. While they're checking they're Facebooks, you'll be working. While they're lying about their lives on Instagram, you'll be working. While they're partying, you'll be working.

And then, one day, you'll get your glorious revenge. Keep following me, and I'll show you EXACTLY what that looks like.

FastlaneTiger

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Jun 27, 2014
Not the USA
WARNING: THE FOLLOWING POST CONTAINS HEAVY SARCASM!

The Millionaire Fastlane Is A Scam! Confirmed by a MULTI-Millionaire!
Wonder why you have to pay to become an INSIDERS? Those silly swindlers will say that it's the only way to separate the valuable part of the forum from the noisy part. THEY ARE LIARS! If they were real millionaires they wouldn't hang on forums and you wouldn't have to pay for value because they would be already rich!

So back to my story:

My aunt (the mother of my cousin) phoned my mom that I was HARASSING her children MULTIPLE TIMES on their holiday and I should stop.
// LOL!
"Me and my husband as professors highly recommend you to ban your son from viewing this forum because it will rot his brain, even Joe (you will know who I use this name for if you read the whole thread) says that he is being scammed by pathetic poor, stealing people, they abuse the stupid. The university is the only way to become a millionaire, a good university is the start of anything, if your son is thinking otherwise then he will never be a successful man, if you don't go there the people WON'T RESPECT YOU."
// Yea they won't respect me, people usually can tell if I went to college without telling them. haha
// Okay so I understand that most of the internet millionaire stories and stuff are BS, but they don't know this site.. it's like calling an ethnicity something like "Stupid [INSERT ETHNICITY HERE] they steal a lot of iron", a skin color won't make a person bad (I hope you got my example).
// Why can't she take care of her children isntead? Why does she has to "harass" me? I have a better GPA then them so she should STFU.

Just wanted to write it down, honestly this shittalking empowers me to do my business thingy even more!

Thanks for listening.

AubreyJ

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Mar 26, 2014
Plano, TX
WARNING: THE FOLLOWING POST CONTAINS HEAVY SARCASM!

The Millionaire Fastlane Is A Scam! Confirmed by a MULTI-Millionaire!
Wonder why you have to pay to become an INSIDERS? Those silly swindlers will say that it's the only way to separate the valuable part of the forum from the noisy part. THEY ARE LIARS! If they were real millionaires they wouldn't hang on forums and you wouldn't have to pay for value because they would be already rich!

So back to my story:

My aunt (the mother of my cousin) phoned my mom that I was HARASSING her children MULTIPLE TIMES on their holiday and I should stop.
// LOL!
"Me and my husband as professors highly recommend you to ban your son from viewing this forum because it will rot his brain, even Joe (you will know who I use this name for if you read the whole thread) says that he is being scammed by pathetic poor, stealing people, they abuse the stupid. The university is the only way to become a millionaire, a good university is the start of anything, if your son is thinking otherwise then he will never be a successful man, if you don't go there the people WON'T RESPECT YOU."
// Yea they won't respect me, people usually can tell if I went to college without telling them. haha
// Okay so I understand that most of the internet millionaire stories and stuff are BS, but they don't know this site.. it's like calling an ethnicity something like "Stupid [INSERT ETHNICITY HERE] they steal a lot of iron", a skin color won't make a person bad (I hope you got my example).
// Why can't she take care of her children isntead? Why does she has to "harass" me? I have a better GPA then them so she should STFU.

Just wanted to write it down, honestly this shittalking empowers me to do my business thingy even more!

Thanks for listening.

Just ignore them. Whenever you taken an unconventional path in life you are going to run into haters and naysayers, it is inevtiable.

Whenever I decided to drop out of college, I had at least half a dozen relatives tell me that I was making a mistake. I remember, over Christmas break last year my Aunt pulled me aside (an aunt who lives in Canada and someone who I see maybe once every 5 years) and basically gave me a speech about how I was making a huge, life-changing mistake- I remember thinking to myself, "What the hell, this lady hasn't seen me since I was 15 years old, there is no way in hell she knows what is best for me." At first it really bothered me that a lot of my friends and family members where banking on me failing, but eventually I just stopped caring, and I started using their doubt as fuel to keep me motivated. I had the support of my parents, my sisters, and my 2 best friends and that is really all that matters.

You are not going to be able to convince people that you are doing the right thing for you, so just work your a$$ off to show them.

FastlaneTiger

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Jun 27, 2014
Not the USA
I've decide that I will never tell anyone, anything about my business life.
After those things my chances of my mom helping me setting up a paypal account, that I could buy the INSIDERS membership with, reduced to ZERO, but I'll become an INSIDERS sooner or later.
She is saying that this forum might be scam because wealthy people would not be there, sooo yea...

Jakeeck

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 24, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
Dude, I know you're young, but you are being extremely emotional and treat this place like it's your designated spot to whine. Don't you think a better use of your time would be to start learning something or reading the valuable posts in gold threads? Logically speaking, complaining provides you no value, while learning and taking action does.

FastlaneTiger

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Jun 27, 2014
Not the USA
Dude, I know you're young, but you are being extremely emotional and treat this place like it's your designated spot to whine. Don't you think a better use of your time would be to start learning something or reading the valuable posts in gold threads? Logically speaking, complaining provides you no value, while learning and taking action does.

You are right, I shouldn't use this place as an emotional bid.
In the other hand this time I didn't write it down because I was butthurt, it just got me "pumped" and it's 1:30AM right here and I can't sleep, thought it can help.

I've read most of the gold threads what I could find via google/forum searchbox, but most of those threads are about motivation, mindset, be a DOer, be an Action TAKER not an Action FAKER, fulfill people's needs not your own etc etc. (I know that those threads have huge value too)
but I'm trying to find information about business definitions, parts of a business, how I hired my employees etc. ( The only threads I've found about direct information like these examples were the golden nugget threads and Jack's diary) I think that 70%-90% gold information is in the inside.
Maybe I'm just too stupid to find the right threads or maybe I'm reading the right ones but I don't feel like these threads will make me an entrepreneur on their own, the more I read the more I feel like I have to do some ACTION because experience is the best way to gain knowledge.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
You are right, I shouldn't use this place as an emotional bid.
In the other hand this time I didn't write it down because I was butthurt, it just got me "pumped" and it's 1:30AM right here and I can't sleep, thought it can help.

I've read most of the gold threads what I could find via google/forum searchbox, but most of those threads are about motivation, mindset, be a DOer, be an Action TAKER not an Action FAKER, fulfill people's needs not your own etc etc. (I know that those threads have huge value too)
but I'm trying to find information about business definitions, parts of a business, how I hired my employees etc. ( The only threads I've found about direct information like these examples were the golden nugget threads and Jack's diary) I think that 70%-90% gold information is in the inside.
Maybe I'm just too stupid to find the right threads or maybe I'm reading the right ones but I don't feel like these threads will make me an entrepreneur on their own, the more I read the more I feel like I have to do some ACTION because experience is the best way to gain knowledge.
@biophase did a great one. Shit is that on the inside? If so, sorry. I didn't do that on purpose.
Much of the basic stuff is just, basic. Google it.

FastlaneTiger

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Jun 27, 2014
Not the USA
@biophase did a great one. Shit is that on the inside? If so, sorry. I didn't do that on purpose.
Much of the basic stuff is just, basic. Google it.
Yea, google is my friend here.
I think you mean the e-commerce thread! It's in the outside! How could I forget that one, thanks for reminding me :)
Gonna sleep now ~2AM here

G

GuestUser113

Think about it like this, bro. What's in it for them for you to get rich? MJ calls his advice the red pill, and that's a damn good analogy. From the looks of it, your people are stuck in the matrix. Some people - most people - never, ever get out.

samdee

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Aug 3, 2014
So here is the story:
I have a cousin whose uncle is a multimillionaire. Today I asked him (my cousin 17yo) to ask for his uncle's email because I would love to have a mentor or to ask an experienced entrepreneur about things.
And I asked this question via my cousin: Would you pick a large or a small market if you had started today?
My cousin wrote this back: "You are talking bullshit" - *insert uncle name here*, go to university What the F*ck do you want as a 15 years old??! I was in an economic camp for a week and you have to go to university, everything starts with a good university!!!. Even (let's call the cousing Joe) Joe says that you are talking bullshit what do you want?
Me: amm okay bro, calm down, I might misunderstood something about the definition about markets could you please explain what a market means then? There are things that I want to learn before going to university,as you've said I'm 15 so I can't go there yet, I was thinking about gettin' a mentor ;)
He: Go to university, everything starts with a university.
Me: Only a university won't solve my problem, I need more than that 5y EXPERIENCE > 5y UNIVERSITY
My cousin wrote this back: COMON! YOU MONEY CHASER BASTARD WHAT DO YOU WANT AS A FREAKIN TEEN?! You are just a kid, money is not everything. GO TO A FREAKIN UNIVERSITY OR YOU WILL BE WORTHLESS
Me: Dude, calm the fck down I've never said that university is evil all I'm saying is that there are things that I can learn outside the university that cannot be learned inside it, from a millionaire. Don't write back I know I'm right.
Cousin: Bye, Neither me or my uncle has time for this pointless talking.

That's how you loose an opportunity to get a mentor, thanks to my a**hole cousin.
Now tell me guys. Is this fastlane attitude?
Your cousin is just an a**hole. Find new ways of reaching your uncle.

firmwear

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Dec 26, 2013
After those things my chances of my mom helping me setting up a paypal account, that I could buy the INSIDERS membership with, reduced to ZERO, but I'll become an INSIDERS sooner or later.
She is saying that this forum might be scam because wealthy people would not be there, sooo yea...

Without trying to sound too sarcastic: do you have a business life yet?

Try to chill out. I think you are trying to let other people know how right you are, all the time and if you did not realize it yet, you are probably annoying the f*** out of the other people around you.

I am not trying to talk down to you, or pretend I am a big biz guy (I am a slowlaner), but just as a regular dude.

Nobody said this yet, but I think even though it sucks, the big thing to do is to square things up with the cousin. I do not know your family or the whole conversation (I just saw your excerpts), but if parents are getting involved then you probably went too far and you should be a little proactive in fixing this up.

Also, do you know for sure your uncle made his money in a shady way? Do you have proof positive? Unless you do, it screams out sour grapes and you are putting yourself in a bad frame of mind. Also, do not look down on the slowlaners, just because they do not have the same outlook on life does not mean they are inherently bad or lazy. In fact, many are hard-working and have very admirable traits.

I understand that your cousin did not help things any, but you also could have handled things a little bit better, right?

Last thing, I would recommend at this juncture that your family should be your last avenue for help and you should just try doing things on your own. I recommend the RichKid's guide to hustling thread or $2500 in a week thread, it is one of my favorite. You could probably earn enough money to buy your own INSIDERS's membership.

Last edited by a moderator:

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
man, another 15 year old thread. dude it's good that you want to learn, but you gotta stop thinking that because you read a book that suddenly makes you qualified to start preaching to others about their shortcomings.

if a 15 year old cousin told me to read the millionaire fastlane and how I could learn a thing or two about it, I would think they are being an annoying brat.

anyway, just saying.

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014

relax, you don't have a business life, you're 15.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.