The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

how much reading before action

Darius

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Apr 8, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
If you don't know how to succeed, in a business you haven't thought of yet, fail your way to success.

Pick something and go fail at it. I learned a lot from failing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
C

copywriter1980

Its an on going failure. I'm a personal trainer so I have a service to offer. No clue how to get clients though. I'm not good with people I can't go out on the ets and sell service. I think its safe to say if I can't be successful making 30k a year working for myself as a trainer. I won't be able to build a fast lane.

tekcraze

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Apr 21, 2011
Canada
I would put the fast lane thing on the side just for now because the way you are going you're just spinning your wheels trying to find something big. If you came across something amazing you don't have enough practice to get it going at this stage anyway.

Sales. If you want to be successful, you HAVE to be able to sell... your product or your ideas. I suspect you have a misconception of sales as slimy and dishonest. Figure out how to reverse that thinking because you CAN sell in an ethical manner that provides customers with a product/service that they need.

Being good with people...I would honestly focus all your efforts on this it will pay off in unmeasurable amounts regardless of what you do or where you go. I'm not naturally a huge people person and more introverted than extroverted but I KNEW I had to figure it out. I'm doing really well right now selling my services to companies I used to work at and new contacts in my industry. It's uncomfortable to be selling like that but also hugely rewarding.

Mindset: If you think you can't then you can't. Need to overcome that barrier internally. This takes time to really internalize it. I find trying to use whatever skills I have to provide value to people I interact with (not as a paid thing, just being helpful) helps me to recognize some of what my value is to society, and easily extendes to general positivity that I can provide value in new areas.

And more directly, figure out how to get personal training clienta. Make it your goal to just figure it out. Keep trying different approaches until you find a way that works. Once you can do this, and gain overall confidence then you will be ready to get cracking on your first fastlane venture. Who knows, it might even be related to the fitness niche. (I suspect very competitive and expert marketers in the niche though)

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.