The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Cryptocurrency Experience

Anything related to bitcoin, crypto, blockchain

Scofield

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Feb 15, 2014
VERY late to this thread, but glad I found it. Skimming to see others experiences (so I'm probably missing someone already mentioning these):

I'm loving PoS (Proof of Stake) coins these days! BlackCoin, NXT, ZimStake, MintCoin, CommunityCoin, ZimStake, etc. I love seeing all the coins I'm generating every day all on my laptop with no other fancy mining hardware. Proof of Stake is the future of crypto!

You're not late to the party. Some of us may have gotten in earlier than you, but you are still not late to the party. Tons of profit still to be made.

You may want to look at VeriCoin. I am not advocating that you buy, but just watch their charts and see what happens in the next few weeks. What is interesting about VeriCoin is that they released a lot of information about the developers, one of them is a Microsoft software engineer, the other two are Ph.D. students. I am not saying this is a selling point or makes the coin better than the other coins, it's just something that is interesting. This increases transparency which a lot of people like and adds a greater amount of trust and accountability to the coin. What this means is if in the worst case scenario the developers wanted to dump and jump ship, it would be very difficult to do, a lot more difficult than if they did not release their first and last names, face pic, education, and current employer. A lot of investors, when they are doing their due diligence, will find this a huge plus over the other coins. Again, this reads like an ad for the coin, but it isn't, it's just my take and analysis on it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
You're not late to the party. Some of us may have gotten in earlier than you, but you are still not late to the party. Tons of profit still to be made.

You may want to look at VeriCoin. I am not advocating that you buy, but just watch their charts and see what happens in the next few weeks. What is interesting about VeriCoin is that they released a lot of information about the developers, one of them is a Microsoft software engineer, the other two are Ph.D. students. I am not saying this is a selling point or makes the coin better than the other coins, it's just something that is interesting. This increases transparency which a lot of people like and adds a greater amount of trust and accountability to the coin. What this means is if in the worst case scenario the developers wanted to dump and jump ship, it would be very difficult to do, a lot more difficult than if they did not release their first and last names, face pic, education, and current employer. A lot of investors, when they are doing their due diligence, will find this a huge plus over the other coins. Again, this reads like an ad for the coin, but it isn't, it's just my take and analysis on it.

The two PhD students are in science related fields. I have a friend at a higher ranked school in pretty much the same program, and he says all he's doing is killing rats and pigs in mass in the lab. Kind of a waste (especially for someone in their last year).

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX

Scofield

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Feb 15, 2014
The two PhD students are in science related fields. I have a friend at a higher ranked school in pretty much the same program, and he says all he's doing is killing rats and pigs in mass in the lab. Kind of a waste (especially for someone in their last year).

I don't think you understand how a Ph.D. program works. Just because your friend is euthanizing rats and pigs doesn't mean that everyone else in a Ph.D. program is doing the same thing. The work depends on the P.I. and the project.

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
I don't think you understand how a Ph.D. program works. Just because your friend is euthanizing rats and pigs doesn't mean that everyone else in a Ph.D. program is doing the same thing. The work depends on the P.I. and the project.

Ummm. My friend is at a better ranked school than Rutgers in essentially the same program. This isn't like he's just doing some fly-by-night program at a random college. I brought that episode up since it just shows the effect educational inflation is having. What he's doing shouldn't even require a degree, much less a PhD.

I can't find it off the top of my head, but I recall an academic article by a astrophysicist (possibly from MIT), who left academia citing that even the science fields have long since abandoned true research and merely are meant to keep the status quo going (that being an entire campuses run by low-wage workers being prepared for jobs that more than likely won't exist in the future). Now, humanities of all varieties have had bullshit research for decades in an effort to mimic the sciences, but it's sad to see science start going the same way.

Additionally, I know exactly how PhD programs work. I was actually stupid enough to start one in business (which is a bullshit field to get an undergraduate degree in, much less a doctorate). PhD programs are one of the worst ways to actually accomplish anything meaningful.

Anyway, just trolling on my part :p All I'm saying is revealing names means jack. Revealing that they're in PhD's mean even less: the market is glutted in all fields, and by focusing on cryptos, they are hobbling themselves in traditional academia that ONLY cares about number of publications. My friend went on the market with 3 published journal articles, which is kinda unusual, and ended up at a post-doc that pays less than a starting school teacher.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Tim Draper won the full 10 lots for sale at the U.S Marshall auction.

https://medium.com/@vaurum/tim-drap...in-liquidity-in-emerging-markets-88f04a1d8598

"Vaurum has launched trading platforms in emerging markets, and we will be partnering with Tim to leverage the pool of ~30,000+ bitcoins as a liquidity source. It’s still quite difficult to get access to bitcoin in these developing economies — and that’s exactly where it is needed the most."

Awesome stuff going on lately.

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
Cloak Coin to the moon. Get it now while you can and ride it for the long haul.

Neeraj

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Jun 30, 2014
Hey guys,

Great thread. I was wondering if there is any way to buy alt coins using fiat currency and not through BTC. I've been doing my research and plan to use some play money. However, things in India aren't looking too good. A single BTC, when converted to the INR, turns out to be extremely expensive. Any suggestions and help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

D

Deleted21703

As far as I'm aware you won't be able to do that.

You can pickup amounts of BTC such as 0.1, 0.08 etc so I suggest you do that. Localbitcoins is a good place to start.

Neeraj

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Jun 30, 2014
As far as I'm aware you won't be able to do that.

You can pickup amounts of BTC such as 0.1, 0.08 etc so I suggest you do that. Localbitcoins is a good place to start.

Hi. Riding my first coin, currently. Thank you for the support!

Rinzler

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
May 21, 2014
Northern California
Anyone here have experience with LiteCoinFever.com? I'm late to the party and was interested in Vericoin until I found it can't be mined anymore.
I was also considering CloakCoin but I'm not sure how to obtain any. I'm so lost but this is exciting!

Might give Localbitcoins a shot next week.

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
Anyone here have experience with LiteCoinFever.com? I'm late to the party and was interested in Vericoin until I found it can't be mined anymore.
I was also considering CloakCoin but I'm not sure how to obtain any. I'm so lost but this is exciting!

Might give Localbitcoins a shot next week.

CLOAK can be bought at Bittrex.com. They are the most solid, open altcoin exchange atm.

Rinzler

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
May 21, 2014
Northern California
CLOAK can be bought at Bittrex.com. They are the most solid, open altcoin exchange atm.

Thanks for the advice! I went ahead and bought some BlackCoin yesterday and joined their community. I'll get some Cloak sometime soon.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Dell accepting bitcoin

30FzBzT.png

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
I'm sorry, but I'm not going to give Dell yet another reason to not take a product back (that being that BTC transactions are one way; actually can you even get refunds on any of this stuff from retailers?). Their brain-dead, outsourced customer support was going to leave me with 2 dead laptops, but luckily I was able to chargeback their a$$ via American Express.

Dell accepting bitcoin

30FzBzT.png

smoove001

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Aug 24, 2013
Hey guys, I just came across this thread and it seems like there is an opportunity to be ceased in the cryptocurrency world. I would love to get involved in it, but I'm a just a beginner, can someone please give me a link to a course or series of article or just explain how to trade these currencies. Many thanks.

D

DeletedUser8

Nice timing, do you think a repeat of your success if possible even after the Mt. Gox crash and the stability of it's prices now?

Last edited by a moderator:

DTS Ltd

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Aug 17, 2012
Hey guys, I just came across this thread and it seems like there is an opportunity to be ceased in the cryptocurrency world. I would love to get involved in it, but I'm a just a beginner, can someone please give me a link to a course or series of article or just explain how to trade these currencies. Many thanks.

smoove001, I've been working with bitcoin for a while and can make some recommendations.

For reference:

Current analysis:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/112400/bitcoin-analysis-week-of-aug-31-intro-to-time

Ideas on trading using features of the bitcoin protocol through the Ultracoin wallet:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2etvvf/more_proof_that_we_have_turned_wall_street_banks/

CreateLiving

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 27, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I think Bitcoins will take off even more than they already have. The main issue is that the general public does not truly understand what they are or how they work yet.

DTS Ltd

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Aug 17, 2012

C.S. Abbink

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Aug 13, 2014
I am certain some form of cryptocurrency will stay. Is bitcoin here to stay, I have no idea. It is the 1.0 version of the currency. If they can grow into the 2.0 version, it has a decent chance.

My experience with cryptocurrencies is that you can win and lose lots of money. I made 9000 euro from a 500 euro investment in barely 2 weeks. 1 day after it hit 9000 it went down to 3000... So be careful!

DTS Ltd

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Aug 17, 2012
My experience with cryptocurrencies is that you can win and lose lots of money. I made 9000 euro from a 500 euro investment in barely 2 weeks. 1 day after it hit 9000 it went down to 3000... So be careful!

If there was a way for you to short, you would have made even more on that downward move. Nonetheless, congratulations on that gain of 9,000 euro from 500!

C.S. Abbink

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Aug 13, 2014
Sounds like some wildly swinging momentum...Jeez that is a huge gain though C.S.!

Indeed! And the point that I tried to make was not that you will get rich with cryptocurrencies, the swing motion makes it very much like a gamble. What if I invested the 500 euro 2 weeks after my original investment? That would have left me with 150 euro...

So be careful, only invest what you can afford to lose and look for value when you decide to invest in altcoins. Shiny websites or hyped up communities lead to pump and dumps.

CreateLiving

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 27, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Indeed! And the point that I tried to make was not that you will get rich with cryptocurrencies, the swing motion makes it very much like a gamble. What if I invested the 500 euro 2 weeks after my original investment? That would have left me with 150 euro...

So be careful, only invest what you can afford to lose and look for value when you decide to invest in altcoins. Shiny websites or hyped up communities lead to pump and dumps.
Makes a lot of sense, thanks!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.