The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

1 on 1 Phone Call With Jack Edwards UPDATE!!

sle3pyguii

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Aug 19, 2012
Just had my call with Jack.

Best. Thing. Ever.

I'm still a bit overwhelmed from the call because it was so damn good.

It was like a rapid-fire of just amazing advice left and right. You think he's gonna hit you with a few gems...but no...he brings out a machine gun.

I stayed silent for a majority of the call because I was honestly speechless for most of the time, except for the occasional "wow" (Jack, I promise I wasn't bored!)

Like other members have said, I have a clearer vision of what I have to do from now on coming out of this. Jack pulled the full Geico and saved me at least 15% or more of my time and energy that I would've wasted on useless and inefficient methods.

Thanks again Jack!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Harley

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Jun 9, 2014
Just got off my call with Jack - I am a natural question asker and therefore have sought out industry experts etc over the years and none were as valuable to me as this call. Best bang for the buck by far.
Jack is a truly inspirational entrepreneur, who defiantly gets you thinking outside the box.
Thanks Jack! Hope the kid improves.

Goobii

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 29, 2011
AUS
Had my call with Jack yesterday. What else can I say that everyone else hasn't said?!
Great insight. I've walked away asking myself more questions about the direction/s that I'm taking. He's put things into perspective for me & made me realise or be present about what I already know but have feared to look at.
I'm thinking in 'pennies', while he's thinking of 'millions'.
The call was priceless. It was worth more than what I paid for.
Thanks again for your time @JackEdwards

Zulu

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Mar 14, 2013
Kingston - DC - Everywhere in Between
It would be great to see some progress threads spawn from these calls.

Thinking about starting one after I raise money, but then again I'm a little bit nervous to have all my info be public.

Just finished my third call with Jack [technically second call, but I hung out with him in San Antonio, so I'll count that too]. It's been ridiculously helpful - basically finalizing a pitch [with his help - a lot of help] now to bring to investors. Really appreciate the opportunity this forum has given me to meet people like this [Thanks MJ!]. Reading the posts on the forum are great[and extremely helpful], but when you get to actually have a flowing conversation with a man as experienced as Jack it puts a lot of things in context. Everyone that had one of these calls knows what I'm talking about, if you didn't get one you really missed out. Thanks again Jack!

P.s. Drove in his Ferrari when I went to San Antonio...yes a Ferrari is every bit as awesome as you've imagined.

mikey3times

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jun 21, 2013
Massachusetts
Thinking about starting one after I raise money...

You could start a progress thread ABOUT raising money. That would add tons of value here. There are plenty of threads about products...not many about how someone raised money.

Zulu

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Mar 14, 2013
Kingston - DC - Everywhere in Between
You could start a progress thread ABOUT raising money. That would add tons of value here. There are plenty of threads about products...not many about how someone raised money.

True. I just might do that.

justbreathe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 20, 2014
AZ | CA
Talking to Jack allowed me to ask myself questions that I otherwise wouldn't have at this point.
Jack put into perspective the mentality of the young entrepreneur that holds some of us back from all the other
wonderful opportunities outside of whats 'cool'.

A few gems:

• Treat your ideas as if you're going to school, if you don't learn it you pay for it.
  • Look at all sides of the business, not just the obvious.
  • There is opportunity in everything.
  • Its the little things that cost an entrepreneur money.
  • Long money makes all the money.
  • If you think of it, think the exact opposite of it.
  • Figuring out why your idea won't work rather than why it will work.
  • Don't rush it, learn it.

Since our talk yesterday i've taken action towards validating a business
we discussed briefly.

Thank you Jack for your honest and open advice.

Aidan

Next Year, you will wish you had started Today.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 13, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Not having my call until a bit down the road. I feel my business partner and I will get more value out of it when we actually have a bit more of something built. From all these posts, I'm very excited for this call.

Glad to see an update on the situation although things are looking down for the boy. Hopefully he'll show some positive signs soon.

Last edited:

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
Had my call with Jack this morning on no sleep and dead tired. SO. ABSOLUTELY. WORTH IT.

Thank you, Jack. Very much.

I took a massive amount of notes, and received a massive amount of value/inspiration/horizon expansion in return. Jack's biggest point? Think BIG, REALLY big and then be prepared to SCALE to get there.

Kept remembering passages from Chet Holmes' "Ultimate Sales Machine" as Jack was talking through next step processes.

Thanks again, Jack.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
I want to thank everyone who has helped. At this time I will NOT be adding any further calls.

If I owe you a call please Pm me. Or email me. And if we have a call scheduled I have you down. Thanks.

Here is an update. Kid is not doing well at all. If I got a call today I would not be surprised. I have donated every penny to this very needy family. I will post the obit.
Prayers.

RoadTrip

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 27, 2012
I've been going door to door in my city talking to employee's, managers, secretaries and some owners asking questions about their business. Partly Dane Maxwell type questions and some general questions about their business.

Did you just pick one niche? And how did you introduce yourself? Did you introduce yourself as a software entrepreneur or did you mention something more general?

I am curious because I have been doing a lot of cold calls and thought to have found a problem. Worked it out by building a full prototype and am now in the process of testing the demand through email and a landing page. But it's really slow, haven't had any replies yet....

So it might become time soon enough to move on and find a more urgent need.

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
Did you just pick one niche? And how did you introduce yourself? Did you introduce yourself as a software entrepreneur or did you mention something more general?

I am curious because I have been doing a lot of cold calls and thought to have found a problem. Worked it out by building a full prototype and am now in the process of testing the demand through email and a landing page. But it's really slow, haven't had any replies yet....

So it might become time soon enough to move on and find a more urgent need.
Nope.

Literally door to door. Restaurants, Car Dealerships, Real Estate Agents, Computer Shops, Dentists, Book Stores, (Found another SaaS there.) Offices, Paint Stores, Hardware Stores, HVAC, Mechanics, Libraries, Lawn and Garden Servicing, Salons, Massage Therapists, Appliance Repair...

Most peoples problem IS picking a niche. Never limit yourself to a niche. Money is everywhere. My SaaS is something that spans multiple fields. I would have never found the problem if I had chose one.

I told them I wanted to know more about their business. Plain and simple. I had tried to introduce myself as a software entrepreneur before over the phone and it didn't feel right. So I just said what I really wanted to know.

Think more like a journalist rather than an entrepreneur in order to get into the door. I found a lot had no clue what a software entrepreneur was and just thought I was selling them something and ended up confused.

That is my experience so far, I haven't "done it" yet, but that is my journey.

z6Evolved

[Danger Zone]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Jun 25, 2014
VAB
Had my call with Jack today. It would have been a bargain at 5 times the price, honestly.

I've been spinning my wheels trying to find things to import to sell on amazon, looking for margins that don't suck, etc. When we got done on the phone, I started looking for people to give my sample inventory to. I've been going in circles and it took him shaking me vigorously to get that through my skull.

So today I cleaned house and regrouped. Tomorrow I start from ground zero again and I'm 100x more optimistic that I'm going to succeed because I'm now firmly headed in the right direction.

Thanks again, Jack. I wish everyone could get a chance to have you put things in perspective for them.

vinylawesome

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 11, 2012
@JackEdwards It is great that you helped out this family in this manner. Any updates? How is Marcus and his family doing?

I will send you a pic of the kid when I give them the money as a bonus.

Thanks for helping.

Viperion / MJ is not associated in anyway with the offer, nor the results of any call.
Via: https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...ck-edwards-and-help-a-kid-who-is-dying.51260/

@MJ DeMarco
Jack you mentioned that you would take photos when you presented the family with this heartfelt surprise... Can you please post them, or have I missed them somewhere?
@JackEdwards
MJ, I Have not taken pics yet. How can I say this, when I saw them, It just wasn't the proper thing to do at that moment.

I am though going to go by late next week to give them some more that I raised in the last few weeks, Hopefully then they will be in better spirits and be up for it.

Jack

@funkj25
Vig, when I spoke with Jack for my call a little over a month ago he'd made I believe 2 rounds of donations already (the original goal then some of the surplus). From what I recall the boy was increasingly not doing well.

I'm sure Jack can clarify more, just wanted to jump in since I knew he had already donated funds to them as of our talk a while ago for anyone who was wondering and still considering a call.

@Vigilante
Any update on the family that is the recipient of the funds? Have you made the donation already?

@JackEdwards
I want to thank everyone who has helped. At this time I will NOT be adding any further calls.

If I owe you a call please Pm me. Or email me. And if we have a call scheduled I have you down. Thanks.

Here is an update. Kid is not doing well at all. If I got a call today I would not be surprised. I have donated every penny to this very needy family. I will post the obit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.