The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello Everyone!

Your MO

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 22, 2014
Hello to everyone in the forum! I'm working on beefing up my list rental business. I have a full time day job, but I am working on my start-up in the evenings. I am going to buy the Fastlane book this week!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I haven't had a sale yet for my company that I started in March. I sell B2B mail lists

Why are you in that business? Something you know? Or something that is needed?

Evelio

MarketingLoopholes.com
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
May 21, 2014
Miami
"My name is Mike and I'm from VA. I came to this thread looking for insight and other helpful info. I started my own company in March of this year, Your MO LLC. I currently work full-time as a business development manager, but have always wanted to be my own boss. I haven't had a sale yet for my company that I started in March. I sell B2B mail lists and I'm stuck trying to compete against US Data Corp, InfoUSA, Hoovers and the other list giants out there. My website doesn't really show up in Google unless I put "Your MO LLC mail lists" in the search engine. I have pretty cheap prices from what I can tell, 3-7 cents per business record and I will include email and phone number for free if available. I don't charge any other fees, the customer would only pay the per record price. I will also mail out the list on a USB stick or CD for free. All of my lists are professions or industries and I will outsource the USPS NCOA updates through another company, so my customers wouldn't receive an undeliverable mail prospect. I have lists for dentists, lawyers, accountants, notaries, home builders, manufacturers, REALTORS, hotels, engineers, and other professions/industries all over the US. 10 million plus records in all. I've only advertised on CraigsList because it's free and I started a Google AdWords campaign, but only did $4.00 per day. My budget is really small because my wife is pregnant with our first child and we are having a house built. But my dream is to stop working for the man and work out of a home office for the rest of my life, or go bigger and employ people and buy some office space!!! I welcome any suggestions or opinions. Thanks all!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Mike, welcome to the forums!

There are different stages in an entrepreneurs journey. One of those stages is when we stop focusing on ourselves and begin focusing on helping others. Most entrepreneurs go though this...

Props to you for wanting to chase the entrepreneurial dream. This forum is full of great advice as you will soon find out. Focus on switching your mindset from the "me, me, me" mentality to the "give, give, give" mindset.

Here are a few great threads to start with (sign up for the INSIDERS section) :

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/the-astonishing-secrets-that-zen*******-never-told-you…exposed.50097/
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/this-is-why-you-are-stuck.53188/

Not sure if you already have, but read The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ (this forum is essentially an extension of the book)
Also read The Go Giver by Bob Burg

Best of luck to you and looking forward to seeing you around the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Your MO

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 22, 2014
Thanks for the insight Epicster. I will pick up those books and try to stop using "I" and "me" and "my."

MJ- I have been working in the direct mail industry for about 10 years. For about 8 years, I was involved in direct mail campaigns from start to finish for FedEx, OfficeMax, HP, Citrix, Lenovo, LifeLock, Whirlpool and a few other Fortune 500s. I just purchased a list the other day for 30 cents per record for the company I'm working for as my day to day job. That is crazy high! Your MO LLC will offer cheaper prices and direct mail is still a strong marketing medium. It will not go away and email marketing can offer poor results and low response rates. In 2012, the average B2C and B2B direct mail marketing campaigns pulled in a 4.4% response rate. There will always be a need for direct mail and new prospects to go after. Mailing your base of accounts over and over again doesn't bring in any new blood. Another reason is, I don't have anything physical to maintain. Everything can be done electronically from my home computer via email and Excel. The dream of running a company like this from a home office is appealing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...