The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Jason's How to Build Wealth & Golden Nuggets

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Here's the thing, guys, the answers your looking for are out there, if you search for them hard enough.
No one is going to do the work for you.

...to build on that. Our brains pick up less than .05% of the information that is in front of us. If you keep looking for the road map, you will miss the other 99.5+% of information in front of you already..

Stop looking for an answer, and you will be amazed when you see the answer has been in front of your eyes all along.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TheUltimateWarrior

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
May 17, 2014
Here's a funnel Webinar I signed up for from Digital Marketer. Here's the replay - it was useful to me, and hopefully some of you will find it useful.

http://funnelblueprint.com/webinar-replay/

http://funnelblueprint.com/whiteboard/

Obviously, I'm not associated with these guys in any way, but I figure the best way to learn is to learn from the best in the busines.

What I liked about this video is it made me realize how little I know. Here I was thinking I would just launch a business or ecommerce store, when in actuality, I had no idea the best way to achieve the best results. Thanks for sharing, Jason. Great thread.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Here's a funnel Webinar
Perfect timing for me ! I was reading up on what funnels are an my progress was s l o w. THANKS for posting @JasonR . I just finished the 1st one. Took many notes/screen shots, on to the next. Learned a LOT !

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
So - an update.

I just stepped in @zen*******'s office to chat, and throw out some frustrations LOL.

So - we're in business grind mode. We've completely changed our business model and processes up. We're actually building a funnel, and I'm working on testing that and putting all the necessary pieces in place. It's a metric F*ck ton of work.

Of being more than a year into this business, I thought I'd be rolling in it already.

Even though we've done well in the 6 figures of sales, we aren't rich yet.

Building something like this - takes a lot of time and strategy to think.

Not to mention, it's pretty much my first rodeo - so I've made a lot of mistakes in the way.

The most frustrating part, is I'm waiting on people to get sh!t done (programmers, vendors, etc.).

We've also had to switch manufacturers - but I now have an awesome manufacturer.

I guess, what I'm saying is, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Even though I feel like I'm not going fast enough, Zen says I'm on the right track.

Sometimes, there's a storm to get through before you hit the "green" pastures.

See, I poured almost all of the profits back into the business.

I still live in an apartment, and drive a Toyota Truck with 90k on it.

No, I'm not driving a lambo, yet.

I'm pretty much living like the middle class, to get through the tough part.

Mentally, and monetarily.

So, don't think that this is a 6 month or 12 month process.

It usually takes years to build a kickass, super profitable business. And hey - it's my first time.

I fully believe we will be able to rock this at $1m/month, with 30-40% profit margins.

I'll see you on the other side.

Last edited:

StayPositive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Mar 20, 2014
Thanks for an update.
Sales funnel is an exciting concept. I bought Funnel Blueprint training today, will see what they teach inside. I'm currently building funnel process from scratch - I hope I will be able to share some know-how in a few weeks.

ddall

continuous self-improvement
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
402%
Dec 5, 2013
Toronto, ON
Keep goin dude, did you see the graph/image @IceCreamKid posted in his thread regarding the stages of optimism and pessimism regarding the process to success?

Similarly, you might also be interested in listening to or reading The Dip by Seth Godin, he discusses a similar concept about pushing through barren desert stage it sounds you are in. It is a very brief brook.

the_dip_seth_godin_curve.gif

some quotes from the book:
“The essential thing to know about the Dip is that it’s there. Knowing that you’re facing a Dip is the first step in getting through it.”

“A woodpecker can tap twenty times on a thousand trees and get nowhere, but stay busy. Or he can tap twenty-thousand times on one tree and get dinner.”

“In a competitive world, adversity is your ally. The harder it gets, the better chance you have of insulating yourself.”

“People who make it through the Dip are scarce indeed, so they generate more value.”

“Countless entrepreneurs have perfected the starting part, but give up long before they finish paying their dues.”

“When the pressure is greatest to compromise, to drop out, or to settle, your desire to quit should be at its lowest.”

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Keep goin dude, did you see the graph/image @IceCreamKid posted in his thread regarding the stages of optimism and pessimism regarding the process to success?
Similarly, you might also be interested in listening to or reading The Dip by Seth Godin, he discusses a similar concept about pushing through barren desert stage it sounds you are in. It is a very brief brook.

some quotes from the book:
“The essential thing to know about the Dip is that it’s there. Knowing that you’re facing a Dip is the first step in getting through it.”
“A woodpecker can tap twenty times on a thousand trees and get nowhere, but stay busy. Or he can tap twenty-thousand times on one tree and get dinner.”
“In a competitive world, adversity is your ally. The harder it gets, the better chance you have of insulating yourself.”
“People who make it through the Dip are scarce indeed, so they generate more value.”
“Countless entrepreneurs have perfected the starting part, but give up long before they finish paying their dues.”
“When the pressure is greatest to compromise, to drop out, or to settle, your desire to quit should be at its lowest.”

Great post. I've never seen this presented this way. Thanks a ton!

Ajay2390

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Jan 27, 2014
London, UK
Unbelievable amount of knowledge and guidelines here! Thank you @JasonR for the Brain Dump!

Keep pushing through man!

Ps. I used to think how amazing it would be if @zen******* could be my Mentor..BUT i didn't really pay attention to the Process.
You have given me clarity and an insight of what it takes. Rep tranferred.

Nobody is in the same mind frame as everyone else at the same time..

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Ps. I used to think how amazing it would be if @zen******* could be my Mentor..BUT i didn't really pay attention to the Process.
You have given me clarity and an insight of what it takes. Rep tranferred.

I got on Zen's radar when I threw my printer off the balcony. :)

I also provide him a lot of value as well - that's what others don't see. They say what can HE give me, ME ME ME.

I just asked him on Friday, hey man, what can I do FOR you.

Start with providing to value others first, and you'll get noticed. :)

Catalyst

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Oct 16, 2013
Phoenix, AZ ( Ahwatukee )

I also provide him a lot of value as well - that's what others don't see. They say what can HE give me, ME ME ME.

EXACTLY! Like I said in the other thread, I didn't go looking for mentors and advisors I started adding value to others and had more help than I could ever ask for.

MMatt

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Nov 14, 2011
btw how much are you currently making?

He says he has done six figure months in the first post...

@JasonR , this has got to be one of the most motivational and best threads on this forum. I remember just a short while ago you were posting about your other business.

I am seeing people who joined the same time as me now turning into successes. Back to the grind, with new-found motivation.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
So - an update.

See, I poured almost all of the profits back into the business.

I still live in an apartment, and drive a Toyota Truck with 90k on it.

No, I'm not driving a lambo, yet.

I'm surprised to see you post this. If it makes you feel more at ease, I drive a Toyota truck too, with 140k on it. Kenric had one two before he moved up to a different one a year or two ago, and I think mj had a Tacoma at a point.

The car you drive isn't a gauge of happiness or success, you should know that by now. You don't need to justify to anyone, we know you are a rockstar with out a Lamborghini.

mindfulimmortal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas
Here's a funnel Webinar I signed up for from Digital Marketer. Here's the replay - it was useful to me, and hopefully some of you will find it useful.

http://funnelblueprint.com/webinar-replay/

http://funnelblueprint.com/whiteboard/

Obviously, I'm not associated with these guys in any way, but I figure the best way to learn is to learn from the best in the busines.

Thanks for the sharing the video's Jason! Great free knowledge! Has anybody taken the "tripwire" and signed up for the full Funnel Blueprint? Good value? thanks

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
The car you drive isn't a gauge of happiness or success, you should know that by now. You don't need to justify to anyone, we know you are a rockstar with out a Lamborghini.

Thanks bud!

It was just what was on my mind, what I needed to hammer out on the keyboard to continue.

I know we aren't what we drive, or what we own.

Was just a point of frustration.

@mindfulimmortal - The Funnel training is VERY good, but probably not $1000 well spent until you have a handle on traffic and some sales under your belt. It is certainly worth the $1k, but I probably would invest in something like Traffic Black Book or more of a "newbie" (for lack of a better word) course. You can also follow people's funnels by searching offervault, or some of the other online offers out there.

Another thing I may have not mentioned, is that you can look at an e-commerce store as a funnel. Get them to buy a relatively cheap product, and continue to sell them other stuff. But you don't need 100s of items to do this.

s168

You get out what you put in
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 12, 2011
London, UK

Some great businessman once said, "You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help enough other people get what they want."

I was a SME marketing consultant for several years, helping local businesses with their sales and marketing. The ones who had the most trouble gave their customers the poorest values, thought selfishly about their own profits instead of making their customers happier by adding more value to what they offer in a way that mattered to their customers. They also thought it was always about how to sell more and more, being pushier and pushier. It was such a struggle at times to change their mindsets.

The point where they thought about the other person, was the point they turned their business around. The more real value they created for their customers, the more they increased profits.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
@s168 ... One of my experiences:

I worked for a hard money lender. There were only 3 loan officers including one of the owners. (Husband/Wife business).
At one point they (owners) were pulling over $ 500,000 a month ! these were fees THEY were paid...overhead was very low. We all worked 9-5 and took an hour for lunch. Thursdays, all us guys would do a 2hr lunch at a nice restaurant. Everyone had it very, very good.

BUT...I noticed early on that everyone was in it for themselves. They didn't care about the investors or the people getting the loans who rehabbed and sold properties. They were completely focused on themselves and making as much money as possible.

I started there late in 2003 and they went out of business August 1st of 2008. Not only did they go out of business....no one saved any money or invested. They were all broke. The former owners who lived the high life now rent an apartment and drive one used car. Everyone else just scattered looking for jobs and I have no idea where they are.

the5thpgriff

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jul 17, 2014
Southern California
One quick example - using high limit credit cards to grow my business (Amex Plum, Gold, etc.). I've ran over 6 figures on that card, none of it is my money.

For the house deal, I know quite a few hard money lenders.

With real estate investing there is always a way to use someone else's money. Hard money and there are plenty of people wanting to get into the game... partner with them. There are people with money and others that have knowledge or connections. Leverage the things you lack. Learn by doing. I can start at the bottom. Wholesaling can turn into doing a few "flips" which can turn into rehabbing... Go to some investor meetings and make connections. Go for it. Now is the time!

s168

You get out what you put in
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 12, 2011
London, UK
Jason
Great interview on Forever Jobless I really appreciate the knowledge you dropped

Hey jockinbox, I did a search but can't seem to find it on the Forever Jobless site. Do you have a link? Thanks.

jockinbox

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 8, 2014
Miami, FL

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
Hey Jason if you don't mind sharing,
On the landing page you bring traffic to from facebook
Are you offering a lead magnet? If so, of what kind?

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
He's already answered that in this thread ;)
might aswell re-read the thread again

edit: Found it with ctrl + f

What he said

"No - I don't think Lead Magnets are necessary (I'm using a LP with Tripwire with no lead magnet and its working very, very well)."

FastlaneTiger

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Jun 27, 2014
Not the USA
So I know a MULTI Millionaire guy, and basically he said this to me after I asked this:
What do you think about picking a large market? What's your opinion?
Then he said: You are talking bullshit, you don't even know what you are talking about, go to university to find a mentor, no one will mentor you.
Is this a fastlane attitude? I THINK NOT! Screw that guy.

Only wrote here because, Jason is talking about large and niche markets.

Last edited:

Joshy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jun 26, 2014
I've just listened to the full podcast with Jason.
I enjoyed ever minute of it. Some absolutely GOLD information was spoke about.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
So I know a MULTI Millionaire guy, and basically he said this to me after I asked this:
What do you think about picking a large market? What's your opinion?
Then he said: You are talking bullshit, you don't even know what you are talking about, go to university to find a mentor, no one will mentor you.
Is this a fastlane attitude? I THINK NOT! Screw that guy.

Only wrote here because, Jason is talking about large and niche markets.

Saying "screw that guy" only proves he is exactly right...

You don't start a business off a question like that, its a bullshit question. Had you just met him, a better question is to ask him what challenges he faced starting out in one of his business, and what type or marketing and selling he used to get his first 100 customers and the difference between then and now.

If someone is going to take the time to help you or anyone via a mentorship, they are going to want to help someone who is making strides. You also want to make sure you are asking useful questions that actually help you when you are in a jam, not just off the wall questions that don't pertain to whats actually happening.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.