The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Business Meeting At Someone's Home Etiquette

eqttrdr

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Aug 25, 2013
Going to a business meeting in LA with a possible partner/investor that I have been conversing with online. We are meeting at his home office and then going for lunch. Do not know any personal details about the man other than his professional achievements. Even his wikipedia page doesnt list any personal data.

Trying to figure out what small gift (if any) I should bring when arriving at his home. Normally when I visit someone's house I bring a bottle of wine or pastries.

What is considered normally accepted etiquette for a business meeting at someone's home office?

Just curious what ideas anyone might have.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
Just ask before you go. "Hey, what sort of wine/whiskey do you (and your wife) like, I'd love to bring a bottle to share as a courtesy for meeting with me."

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
I agree with RandomNumber314 - Either that or as a gesture pick up the tab at lunch for him and offer to drive as well. Generally some sort of dish or bottle of alcohol is common for dinner but lunch (especially when it is out and after a rendezvous at the house) is a little tricky. You have never met him in person as well so you really don't know much. I would stick with buying lunch and driving to start out - don't want to be too over friendly. Then in later times bringing him a bottle of wine or scotch or some nice cigars is more appropriate.

Hey, maybe at lunch he will order a glass of wine or cocktail so you can gauge his favorite type of alcohol and surprise him next time!

Best of luck in the meeting!

eqttrdr

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Aug 25, 2013
much appreciated..

yes I am driving 2hrs for the meeting and will without a doubt pay for lunch..

thanks

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.