The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Greetings from the Philippines!

BlokeInProgress

Business Building Warrior
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
or with people with franchising experience here
I'd be studying the franchise model here in the PH very soon, by then I'd be able to at least contribute to your quest.

For now, I'm still a slowlaner shifting. Well, keep in touch bro!

BlokeInProgress

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
I 'm lucky because as a young adult I was given this kind of philosophy that changed my perspective in life.
Yeah, so make the most of it, if only this was available during my time. But no regrets, all we can do now is make the most out of what we already have and improve it. Using the TMF , the threads, posts and golden nuggets out here, I'm sure we can do it.

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
Hey Guys,

I'm Fil-Am in the Philippines right now. Do any of you have any experience in the Restaurant business?

Thanks!

My ladybird has 2 restaurants in Manila. Here's the deal, business in the Philippines is done very differently from the way it is done in the United States. Your network plays a MASSIVE role in your success in the Philippines, at least that's what I've been told. Your network is important in the US too, but in PI it seems to play an even greater role. You end up needing to bribe politicians and people in power for licenses, support, etc. Not really my style, but that's how the culture is in the PI.

Make friends with everyone and offer them value first. By believing in them and their goals first, they will help you with your goals further down the road.

Also, try to make sure that the demographics for your location look good: growing population in the area, growing employment, plans for new businesses in the area etc. All of that plays a part in the success of your restaurant.

Take action daily. Get the ice cream.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fulmen Gladius

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Apr 19, 2014
Philippines
My ladybird has 2 restaurants in Manila. Here's the deal, business in the Philippines is done very differently from the way it is done in the United States. Your network plays a MASSIVE role in your success in the Philippines, at least that's what I've been told. Your network is important in the US too, but in PI it seems to play an even greater role. You end up needing to bribe politicians and people in power for licenses, support, etc. Not really my style, but that's how the culture is in the PI.
Make friends with everyone and offer them value first. By believing in them and their goals first, they will help you with your goals further down the road.
Also, try to make sure that the demographics for your location look good: growing population in the area, growing employment, plans for new businesses in the area etc. All of that plays a part in the success of your restaurant.

Hi IceCreamKid,

I can see that you've got a pretty bad impression on how things work in our country, and I feel you. But I still believe that the glass of water is half-full and not half-empty.

Though some pinoys are corrupt, there are still a few who values this concept called "utang na loob," or debt of gratitude. In our culture, when you do good to someone, most likely that person will give you a favor in return when you are the one who needs help in the future. So this statement : "Make friends with everyone and offer them value first." will go a long way when you're starting a business here because Filipinos tend to reciprocate favors.

@ Rizal

When people love you and your product, marketing will be easier and earnings will be higher because word of mouth will bring you a lot of customers.

I'm optimistic that you will succeed in your endeavor bro. We're here to help, lets help each other. I'm so happy I have "kababayans" here with the same mindset as I have right now.:)

Rizal

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Apr 3, 2013
Los Angeles
Hey guys,

If you're in the Manila, Makati, QC or Pampanga area and want to meet up. Let me know.

I'll show you what else I'm working on and talk about other scalable businesses that are ripe for the picking here.

I'm leaving back for Los Angeles June 5 and will probably back sometime the end of this year.

BlokeInProgress

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
@Rizal you can start a group conversation. You can message us there about what you're working on and we can share ideas.

carlolacson

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Mar 17, 2014
Quezon City, Philippines
Hello guys,right now it's my first time to be employed since I'm a fresh graduate working in a small company with a minimum wage(Sidewalk sucks!) I'm really new to business and currently reading TMF and marketing books.This year I want to open up my own computer shop to experience running a business what do you think guys?

BlokeInProgress

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
Hey @HowToMillion, welcome bro! Yeah, there are a couple of Pinoy's here who are also grinding.
Care to share a little of your background bro?

HowToMillion

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 2, 2014
Earth
Joined last August when I saw MJ's youtube vids. Decided to join INSIDERS and read the free ebook.. blew my mind, so does the the contents in this forum.
Software guy and freelancer for 6years. Thanks a lot to @MJ DeMarco for saving my a$$! and all the amazing contributors in this forum. Currently at my execution phase.

Hey @HowToMillion, welcome bro! Yeah, there are a couple of Pinoy's here who are also grinding.
Care to share a little of your background bro?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...