The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I landed a job at Hallmark Cards as a bussines administrator

Brentnal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jan 23, 2013
Netherlands/Sidewalk
I am 17 now and in februari i will start there.

I am pretty happy because i get to do alot of things there talk with customers, work with machines, do some logistics, put financial data in computers.

The job is part of my education everybody had to get on his own out there and find a good company.
Plus i get paid 250 euro a month and if i work harder i get paid more :D.

Once i am done there i hope i can work there as a sidejob while still in school.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

McCoyH

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jul 28, 2013
Iowa
What does 250 euros convert to in USD? Full time or part time? Is this going to destroy your fastlane plans if you have any? Probably...

RBefort

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 14, 2012
250 euro is probably around 300-350 usd I am guessing. No way that is right lol. Think maybe 2500 euro a month? Hopefully you wont celebrate that job long. It took me three months of working my 40k yr job before I read the book...and now dreading the office

Brentnal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jan 23, 2013
Netherlands/Sidewalk
What does 250 euros convert to in USD? Full time or part time? Is this going to destroy your fastlane plans if you have any? Probably...

I finished 2 weeks ago and i graduated, i am now doing a vacation job earning 320 euro's a week this is for 6 weeks just for some capital,then school 3 more years and i am done,starting a progress thread soon i have been waiting far to long to start a business

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Is this going to destroy your fastlane plans if you have any?

I don't think getting a job and learning to work hard is a prelude to destroying Fastlane plans.

Every once in awhile I drive through the In-And-Out Burger. You can see the kitchen through the glass as you drive through. Most of the workers are under age 25, some actually look 16. There is no slacking off and everyone works as a team. When I see these kids working hard I can't help but feel proud for them: These are the future Fastlaners, the future leaders, and yes, the future winners of the Slowlane. They're the type of person I'd want to hire or partner with ... all because they make $10/hour at a fast-food joint. <-- This to me speaks volumes: Not concerned about image, not concerned about hard work, and not concerned about being apart of a well oiled machine.

NicoleMarie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
May 1, 2014
Wisconsin, USA
I agree with MJ. In my opinion, getting a job doesn't mean you've lost or are even going backwards with progress. MJ had jobs when he started his business, after all. I'd say this job is even better than most because not only are you directly dealing with the business experience, you are also getting good money. Now what you do WITH this knowledge and money determines everything. Use those things as tools. Just watch out for being overworked as it could possibly become a headwind if you're working full time and are too mentally exhausted to work on your business (that's only if you're doing both at the same time). Just my opinion. :)

Brentnal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jan 23, 2013
Netherlands/Sidewalk
I agree with MJ. In my opinion, getting a job doesn't mean you've lost or are even going backwards with progress. MJ had jobs when he started his business, after all. I'd say this job is even better than most because not only are you directly dealing with the business experience, you are also getting good money. Now what you do WITH this knowledge and money determines everything. Use those things as tools. Just watch out for being overworked as it could possibly become a headwind if you're working full time and are too mentally exhausted to work on your business (that's only if you're doing both at the same time). Just my opinion. :)

I just work for 6 weeks now actualy 5 somedays i work 11 hours a day not 9-5 but 7-6 from monday to friday sounds harsh but i need the money. At the job i have now i must relaxe in a truck and load stuff in it and drop drinks of at cafes and restaurants.

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014

guess you didn't read the book

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.