The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Cryptocurrency Experience

Anything related to bitcoin, crypto, blockchain

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
Where is all the volume going? I'm down by a lot holding bags on WC and FAC.

Looks like BTC is playing with $450 and lower again. I'm probably down by a good 70%-80% on my crypto holdings. I'll hodl, but this is getting too crazy. This isn't volatility: it's insanity. People sell at large losses in the course of less than 12 hours if a coin doesn't keep going up.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, COMPLIANCE OUTREACH & IMPLEMENTATION
Treasury, Departmental Offices - Washington, DC

QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED: Back to top You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized experience; for the GS-15, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes an expert knowledge of and demonstrated experience with ALL of the following: Banking operations, Securities, International trade finance transactions (example: bank payment obligations, letters of credit), Payment messaging systems (example: Fedwire, ACH, IAT, CHPS, SWIFT)Emerging payment systems (example: BITCOIN), Credit card systems, Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) or FinCEN experience or knowledge, Clearinghouse, Federal and state regulators, Administration of blocked property, other financial or commercial transactions, Economic sanctions and/or embargo programs.

http://www.indeed.com/job/Assistant-Director-at-Treasury-in-Washington,-DC-e7ad65840087df6d

We've arrived?

:pompus:

nice new vid by weusecoins

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Woke up today and noticed this...

wiepout-video-surf.jpg

....should just go back to sleep for a few days

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
VTC woke up..doesn't look like it's going to stick atm.

W8yTlOn.png

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Somebody was in a hurry to get allot of VTC... interesting.
They see the future. BTC is the clear winner in the crypto space and VTC is the backup blockchain in case industrial miners get too centralized / corrupt.

all other coins can go to hell ;) :p

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
One of the most important things I've learned, since starting my journey as a full time Crypto Trader:

It's all about numbers.

You go after the alts that look set to rise, when they rise too rapidly to sustain growth, and you're in a position to take a nice profit, you don't hang about and you dump and start looking for the next one.

The biggest mistakes I've made is from not selling whilst I've been massively in profit (apart from Blackcoin, an exception).

MEC, MINT even FAC, some of the coins I've not profited from as I could of... I was WELL up on my original investment on all of them but greed got the better of me and I decided to hold out for longer than necessary. Okay, I made off with a nice profit nevertheless, but far far less than could of been possible.

Sometimes you got to hit that sell button in cold blooded crypto killer style (lol), take what you've earned and feel good about it!

Last edited:

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Bittrex and Poloniex, although I wouldn't like to leave coins for a long period of time on the latter.

D

Deleted21703

I quite like Bittrex, I will be using it a bit more from now on. What do you guys think of BCC or BTCTalkCoin?

Off topic but no one tips when I build wallets anymore ;_;
Alty and Instacash were the only ones who were awesome enough to tip me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paleo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 3, 2014
I'm almost back even on White

Looking at buying back into Black

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Circle Just got $17million. GoCoin $1.5m, Kraken $5m

all in the last 2 days. Space is still on fire..Venture Capital isn't scared

dan hartley

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Apr 21, 2014
Well tonight the last night im going to hold WC I have to stop the loss. I was going to wait till I could almost be even with where I bought in but it will not happen, I don't think it will anyway. the sell orders are huge and the buy orders shrink everyday.

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
Well tonight the last night im going to hold WC I have to stop the loss. I was going to wait till I could almost be even with where I bought in but it will not happen, I don't think it will anyway. the sell orders are huge and the buy orders shrink everyday.

How much are you down? I'm down on AC, FAC, WC, CINNI, but of those, WC does have the largest volume. Volume drives these markets.

dan hartley

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Apr 21, 2014
How much are you down? I'm down on AC, FAC, WC, CINNI, but of those, WC does have the largest volume. Volume drives these markets.

I bought in at 1700 sat and its at 800-900 today on mintpal. Im not down to much, just am weary considering I have yet to make much out of altcoins. I guess its not as bad as its seems. I just expected WC to rise after the mining period ended. Maybe were still waiting for that to happen but in my mind the order books indicate something else.

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
I bought in at 1700 sat and its at 800-900 today on mintpal. Im not down to much, just am weary considering I have yet to make much out of altcoins. I guess its not as bad as its seems. I just expected WC to rise after the mining period ended. Maybe were still waiting for that to happen but in my mind the order books indicate something else.

Depends on how much BTC you put in, but of recently mentioned coins, I'd say WC has the potential to at the very least get back to 1700sat. Volume is higher than BC on MintPal and overall it's like #5 among all cryptos on coinmarketcap.com by volume. I don't believe it can get to parity with 1/4 of BC's price.

The recent FUD is the result of some hardforking and other issues. I think there's a new dev on board, the multipools protected a 51% attack (possibly orchestrated by BC), and some other stuff. Don't know what's true and what isn't, but that's the gossip atm.

Maybe take a look at this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=587017.0

Don't know if I agree with everything (being able to buy a house off WC earnings lol), but maybe you could get a moped for a few hundred in investment ;)

dan hartley

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Apr 21, 2014
Depends on how much BTC you put in, but of recently mentioned coins, I'd say WC has the potential to at the very least get back to 1700sat. Volume is higher than BC on MintPal and overall it's like #5 among all cryptos on coinmarketcap.com by volume. I don't believe it can get to parity with 1/4 of BC's price.

The recent FUD is the result of some hardforking and other issues. I think there's a new dev on board, the multipools protected a 51% attack (possibly orchestrated by BC), and some other stuff. Don't know what's true and what isn't, but that's the gossip atm.

Maybe take a look at this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=587017.0

Don't know if I agree with everything (being able to buy a house off WC earnings lol), but maybe you could get a moped for a few hundred in investment ;)

Thank you for your input, I guess ill hold on longer. I still feel like its wishful thinking however the volume is pretty huge and it hasn't really taken off from early prices. Maybe I should be more patient. I stated with .7 and if I sold now I would have .4 for my portfolio that's a good sized loss. Do you think its possibly profitable with less risk if I were to buy at and sell with a difference of like 50sat and make that kind of trade say, 20 times a day and always leave the market with btc to avoid altcoins volatility?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.