The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Millionaire Gurbaksh Chahal Arrested For Hitting GF 117 Times in 30 min

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada

Netprofit

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Feb 11, 2011
Sweden
Some more information about this that I found that's coming up to the surface...

The girlfriend told police it wasn't the first domestic violence incident. The most recent attack, she claimed, occurred July 4 when he allegedly busted her lip.

Shockingly, this isn't the first time Chahal has gotten in trouble with authorities for harassing women. In 2010, his condominium's homeowners association sued him for allegedly verbally assaulting a woman working in the building's lobby and taking her key card from her without permission. He settled for an undisclosed amount in 2011.

Arcola - How can you defend him if you were not there when it did or did not happen?
And you call him your friend. But have you dated him and observed his behaviour within a sexual relationship?

What you're saying about him is what most people say about criminal people like serial killers and rapists prior to their attacks, "oh no, he was a nice man, he would never do that", or "no I am his friend/family and he is not that type I can assure you".

The only thing we know for sure is.

1. She called 911 and pressed severe charges

2. He has video cameras in his bedroom that will tell the story

My sister was beaten and verbally violated by her ex boyfriend. She also dropped charges because the police said to her "it will be nearly impossible that you will win the case". He is still free. Probably beating somebody else up I'm afraid... Nobody thought anything like that about him. He was what many people look at as "successful" and had a high position on one of the world largest ad agencies.

Will be interesting to see what happens. If they can make sure it didn't happen. I'm only glad. I don't like seeing somebody like that, and even somebody who's book I've read, turn up to be a women beater. Because people who dare to do something against women I see as the lowest scum in society. If this was all about your sister, girlfriend or mother I think you would think much differently.

Netprofit

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Feb 11, 2011
Sweden
Gurbaksh Chahal ‏@gchahal 4h
There always two sides of the story. Only fools believe headlines.

On Gurbaksh Chahals official twitter for 4 hours ago

Anyways, don't have more time for this, and you people here shouldn't do either.
Go make some money. And this is a good reminder of a lesson to take to heart - and not naively believe something about somebody just because he or she seems to be a nice person.

Cosmicgirl

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Jun 10, 2013
The best "revenge" you can have on a cheating partner is to work on your own success. Become everything you have always wanted to be, live an amazing life and show them what they could have won!

Violence against another living being is not acceptable.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

goodfella

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 4, 2013
and this is why you chase the money never the fame. F*ck up once and your reputation and credibility is ruined.

Capital

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Apr 16, 2013
and this is why you chase the money never the fame. F*ck up once and your reputation and credibility is ruined.
He's not famous like a celebrity. I think that within our entrepreneurial pursuits, he's well known.

Netprofit

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Feb 11, 2011
Sweden
Apparently they have now seen the video and I'll quote:

Police reportedly seized surveillance video from cameras inside the bedroom. The video provides a “grisly picture” of the attack, prosecutors said.

It is reported that she was kicked about 117 times within a period of half an hour. This video of physical violence showed that he had allegedly tried to stop her from breathing for nearly 20 seconds.The attack reportedly occurred at 10:30 a.m. in his Rincon Hill home. The court documents state that he even threatened to kill her along with various physical tortures that she faced.

This is not the first time Chahal’s girlfriend is being subjected to physical tortures; she has been a victim of domestic violence earlier in July. The actual video provides a frightful picture of the attack, prosecutors said.

goodfella

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 4, 2013
He's not famous like a celebrity. I think that within our entrepreneurial pursuits, he's well known.

Well he was featured on Oprah I think that plays a pretty big role in making you famous.

Mike Kavanagh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Aug 17, 2013
I'm sorry if this a socio-pathic thing but if someone cheated on me, I'd just move on to the next one. And I have before.
I don't care if she wants to make it right. I'm done putting effort into it.

One of my foundational morals is to never hit a woman, no matter what she did.
If I ever hit a woman, it's because human life is in danger and she is the one who is the aggressor.

Though I don't think this topic should be acceptable here. It's slowlane non-sense. Lets move on.

Vagabond 007

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 1, 2011
Philly Suburbs
Wow.

arcola - If you weren't there with them, then how do you know he is 100% innocent? And you think because she dropped the charges that proves his innocence? That's funny. Or, because he wrote a good book, made lots of money, and has done nice things in the past means he can never make a mistake (a HUGE one if this story is true)? That's also funny.

I'm not saying he is guilty, but it's not looking good so far. Interesting that the video wasn't made public. I know if I were in his shoes and I was innocent I would show the video proving it.

Quite the interesting thread. He may be guilty, he may not be. None of us here know for sure.

And unless your life is in danger, hitting someone isn't the best course of action. Let alone if it's a female.

Vagabond 007

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 1, 2011
Philly Suburbs
I bumped the thread, because he plead guilty last week to one count of domestic violence battery and one count of battery.

Otherwise I would never have bumped this garbage. :)
WHAT?! That can't be, someone here swears he's not guilty! He even wagered money on it.

;)

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
no one knows what happened that night except him and her... and I know a lot of people who have plead guilty to things they are innocent of just because it was less of a hassle then trying to prove your innocence... (myself included) and plenty of people are found guilty when they were in fact innocent...

that said. who cares? dude still made an asston of money. and that had nothing to do with this...

Vagabond 007

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 1, 2011
Philly Suburbs
Yes, perhaps it's time for this thread to die.

But don't forget the takeaways...
  • Never hit a woman (or anyone, really)
  • All it takes is one incident to undue years and years of hard work and ruin your reputation
  • Talking about this is less time we have to put towards our own goals and making this world a better place
  • If someone does you wrong (in this example, she apparently cheated), just move on with your life. They showed you their true colors and they're obviously not worth your time. And It's not worth potentially throwing everything away because someone "screwed you over." That stuff is for kids. Suck it up and move on.

Erik Heyl

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 31, 2014
If you're life is in danger and you can't get away, it doesn't matter if the aggressor is male or female. You have the right to defend yourself period. Otherwise, why not ban Martial Arts? But that doesn't look the case here.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007

Matt33

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
429%
Apr 14, 2013
FL
I think the media blew this one a bit out of proportion, knowing that headlines like "Young Millionaire CEO Beats Girlfriend 117 Times With No Punishment" would invoke passion and more clicks/user engagement - Then they banked off the Ad revenue.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Jail? No. Huge consequences as his company went into damage control just before their IPO? Yes

Judgement Day: The Court of Public Opinion

On August 9th, 2013 I was charged for 47 felonies in a frivolous lawsuit. On April 2nd, 2014 the judge threw out a majority of the case due to lack of any substance. 90%+ of all cases get resolved through settlements when there isn’t much substance behind them. Therefore, on August 16th, the DA presented a misdemeanor offer with a $500 fine attached. While, I had full intentions of getting fully exonerated of these charges, that would require me to go through trial and waste another 1 year of my life.

I immediately informed my board of directors, which include: Steve Westly, Robin Murray, David Silverman, Bill Lonergan, and Ajay Chopra. They were all ecstatic with this offer since this was the last pre-cursor for RadiumOne to enter the next stage of it growth. Deep down inside, I still did not want to take this deal since I have two loving sisters, a niece, and mother I love to death. But, I ended up taking one for the team and accepted the DA’s proposal and settling this case.

This week, social media became the court of public opinion and decided to grow a life of its own. Similar to the Mozilla CEO debacle, each day-by-day it got worse. People can’t look at the facts in 140 characters so they start to believe all of the falsified exaggerated allegations. They can only choose to hate. Prominent social media bloggers such as Kara Swisher turned this into a social issue. That ended up making things go viral.

On Wednesday, I received an email from Robin Murray, one of my board members, with the following message. “Been thinking some more. Absolutely don’t do anything. Let the haters hate ad move on. This will blow over very quickly and we focus on the IPO. Don’t let them get to you. Don’t respond. I know it sucks but i think this is the right way fwd. Stay strong amigo. I feel for you.”

Surprisingly enough, 48 hours later, the Internet continued to show its hateful nature and they called a special board meeting. In that special board meeting, they asked for my resignation as Chairman & CEO, when I declined to do, they fired me. Even though, I only accepted this misdemeanor plea under their guidance. Is this what real entrepreneurism is about? Is this what venture capitalism is about? Not to forget, in my last startup I made these same individuals over 800% on their investment? Whatever happened to real ethics? What happened to integrity? Whatever happened supporting your CEO during the tough times knowing the truth? Or is just a fabrication of today’s society of greed at all costs.

http://www.chahal.com/judgemet-day-the-court-of-public-opinion#pdLLSCzgDSzkU2IV.99

Mike Kavanagh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Aug 17, 2013
Props to the board of directors.
I like how he says "What happened to ethics."
You threw them out the door when starting this whole charade.

They were all ecstatic with this offer since this was the last pre-cursor for RadiumOne to enter the next stage of it growth
Get anything people advise you on legally in writing. This means they are held accountable in the long run.

focus on the IPO.
This is pretty much my opinion of why they fired him. Bad publicity doesn't make the stock look good.
Hope he still has stake in the company so when they go public he has some kickback money. But then again... Why do I care?

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
knowing someone who personally had something like this happen to them, I feel bad for him. he got a shitty deal.

real shitty deal.

I agree with Mikes post. I hope he has a nice stake in the company. I imagine he would. ceo is just a job title. a huge kick in the face but I suspect as much as it stings right now he will rise again :p

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
All it takes is one incident to undue years and years of hard work and ruin your reputation

Not focusing on this particular incident, but don't operate in sectors where this can happen. All this one incident has to be is a tweet or some shit nowadays anyway.

Talking about this is less time we have to put towards our own goals and making this world a better place

And now back to the threads on starting yet another supplement or erotic novel business; just what the world needs ;) Not saying you are in these since I have no clue, but it's what I've seen on recently in the forum :D

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.