The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

If Money Is Your Only Goal, You'll Never Achieve It: Multimillionaire Gurbaksh Chahal

Anything related to matters of the mind

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Please do a search before starting threads.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ryllban

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Dec 15, 2013
Great video with Ryan Blair. F*ck, he talks about getting in 10.000 hours before he was 25. So why the F*ck im I waisitng my hours checking threads right now?

F*ck this, back to work for me!

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
not that I am an advocate of domestic violence or anything, but none of us were there... no one knows what went down in their relationship at all let alone just before that incident.

there are lots of people who are very successful in business and just as unsuccessful in their personal lives...

brandonrush

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jul 23, 2012
Louisiana
Even though he beat his wife this was a good message IMO.

Agreed.

There is a certain other thread on here that caused me to say what I said previously. Obviously Gurbaksh knows how to build a business and his business insights should definitely be listened to. Good video.

liquidglass

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Oct 24, 2011
Don't let the 10,000 hour rule intimidate you. Let it drive you. When we hop in the fastlane we all have goals and setbacks towards those goals. Knowing that a 10,000 hour mark is when we have a high potential of beginning to achieve goals should be an exciting thing rather than a scary obstacle.

Let's break it down Gladwell style.
10,000 hours (side note: Maclamore has a song by the title I love)
40 hours per week x 50 weeks = 2,000 hours (per year)
5years x 2,000 = 10,000 hours.

This is why we see businesses that survive this long become wildly successful. Given some do it before this point, but it's normally not their first rodeo so they've got their hours in already.

It's also why small businesses fail at a 97% rate.....before the 5 year mark. Because people get obstacles and instead of viewing them as opportunities decide it's time to throw in the towel aka "this will never work!"

But for those that are willing to drive on, through the rough patches, through the obstacles, to reach their 10,000 mark of actual work (not just sitting in an office waiting for the phone to ring) they will see true success. After that achieving goals is easier, it comes with it's on set of challenges, but the grind you had to go through to get there makes them easier to deal with.

I posted something about how by next year I will be a multimillionare, which isn't a hope or a dream, it's what will happen given a deal we recently made at our business. Want to know the thing that blew my mind after I wrapped my head around it. In October of this year we will hit our 5 year mark of struggling, going without pay to make sure employees checks don't bounce, being late in car payments, losing a house, etc.
I worked a lot more than 40 hours a week but it's about to pay off and build a real 10 ton concrete launching pad to be the change that I've envisioned for so long.

Work hard, strive on, and enjoy the hours as you achieve them. Because after you reach your goals, it will be the opportunity you've been waiting for to look back and laugh at the tough times you had to get there.

Ryllban

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Dec 15, 2013
Don't let the 10,000 hour rule intimidate you. Let it drive you. When we hop in the fastlane we all have goals and setbacks towards those goals. Knowing that a 10,000 hour mark is when we have a high potential of beginning to achieve goals should be an exciting thing rather than a scary obstacle.

This is why we see businesses that survive this long become wildly successful. Given some do it before this point, but it's normally not their first rodeo so they've got their hours in already.

It's also why small businesses fail at a 97% rate.....before the 5 year mark. Because people get obstacles and instead of viewing them as opportunities decide it's time to throw in the towel aka "this will never work!"

But for those that are willing to drive on, through the rough patches, through the obstacles, to reach their 10,000 mark of actual work (not just sitting in an office waiting for the phone to ring) they will see true success. After that achieving goals is easier, it comes with it's on set of challenges, but the grind you had to go through to get there makes them easier to deal with.

I posted something about how by next year I will be a multimillionare, which isn't a hope or a dream, it's what will happen given a deal we recently made at our business. Want to know the thing that blew my mind after I wrapped my head around it. In October of this year we will hit our 5 year mark of struggling, going without pay to make sure employees checks don't bounce, being late in car payments, losing a house, etc.
I worked a lot more than 40 hours a week but it's about to pay off and build a real 10 ton concrete launching pad to be the change that I've envisioned for so long.

Work hard, strive on, and enjoy the hours as you achieve them. Because after you reach your goals, it will be the opportunity you've been waiting for to look back and laugh at the tough times you had to get there.

This post is just awesome! Exactly what I needed to hear because of where I am in Life. I tend to bring out the "grass is greener", "Oh that will never work".

Thank you.

Ryllban

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Dec 15, 2013

This post is just awesome! Exactly what I needed to hear because of where I am in Life. I tend to bring out the "grass is greener", "Oh that will never work".

Thank you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.