The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Motivational Quotes

Capital

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Apr 16, 2013
“The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.” -Jordan Belfort

"Capital isn't scarce; vision is." -Sam Walton

"I have no Napoleonic dream. I'm just hard-working and pragmatic." -Roman Abramovich

“I'm convinced that about half of what separates the successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance.” Steve Jobs

"Achievement is the motivation of entrepreneurs." -Sheldon Adelson

"There is no such thing as fear–not to an entrepreneur. Concern, yes. Fear, no.” -Sheldon Adelson

"I don't care half so much about making money as I do about making my point, and coming out ahead." -Cornelius Vanderbilt

"Think of yourself as on the threshold of unparalleled success. A whole, clear, glorious life lies before you. Achieve! Achieve!" -Andrew Carnegie

"The average person puts only 25% of his energy and ability into his work. The world takes off its hat to those who put in more than 50% of their capacity, and stands on its head for those few and far between souls who devote 100%." -Andrew Carnegie

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Capital

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Apr 16, 2013
PT 2
"People who don't take risks generally make about two big mistakes a year. People who do take risks generally make about two big mistakes a year." -Peter Drucker

"The entrepreneur always searches for change, responds to it, and exploits it as an opportunity." -Peter Drucker

"Innovation is the specific instrument of entrepreneurship. The act that endows resources with a new capacity to create wealth." -Peter Drucker

"If you expect the world to be fair with you because you are fair, you're fooling yourself. That's like expecting the lion not to eat you because you didn't eat him."

"If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much." -Jim Rohn

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated failures. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.” -Calvin Coolidge
"You don't have to be a genius or a visionary or even a college graduate to be successful. You just need a framework and a dream." -Michael Dell

"The biggest risk is not taking any risk. In a world that changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks." -Mark Zuckerberg

“Part of the challenge of being an entrepreneur, if you're going for a really huge opportunity, is trying to find problems that aren't quite on the radar yet and try to solve those.” -Sean Parker

Capital

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Apr 16, 2013
PT3
"Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude." -Zig Ziglar

"You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win." -Zig Ziglar

"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." -Winston Churchill

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful." -Eric Thomas

“The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.” -Vince Lombardi

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary." -Vince Lombardi

“In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.”- Bill Cosby

"I always tried to turn every disaster into an opportunity." -John D. Rockefeller

"People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity, no matter how impressive their other talents." -Andrew Carnegie

"The man who acquires the ability to take full possession of his own mind may take possession of anything else to which he is justly entitled." -Andrew Carnegie

"Do not look for approval except for the consciousness of doing your best." -Andrew Carnegie

Capital

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Apr 16, 2013
PT4
"I have been insane on the subject of moneymaking all my life." -Cornelius Vanderbilt

"Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago." -Warren Buffett

"Just imagine you could be given 10 percent of the future earnings of one person you know," Buffett says. Would you pick the smartest person? The fastest runner? No, Buffett says: "You're going to pick the person that has the right habits."

"Create a vision. Identify it and go for it." -Sheldon Adelson

“Don’t think you are unstoppable or foolproof. Don’t think that the only way your business will work is through perfection. Don’t aim for perfection. Aim for success.” -Eike Batista

“It's not about money or connections - it's the willingness to outwork and outlearn everyone when it comes to your business. And if it fails, you learn from what happened and do a better job next time.” -Mark Cuban

“Because if you're prepared and you know what it takes, it's not a risk. You just have to figure out how to get there. There is always a way to get there.” -Mark Cuban

“To truly achieve your maximum potential, one should only compete with self.” -Manny Khoshbin

“Life is about attitude, change your attitude , change your life!” -Manny Khoshbin

Capital

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Apr 16, 2013
PT5

"Singleness of purpose is one of the chief essentials for success in life, no matter what may be one's aim." -John D. Rockefeller

"I do not think that there is any other quality so essential to success of any kind as the quality of perseverance. It overcomes almost everything, even nature." -John D. Rockefeller

"Friendship and money: oil and water." -Mario Puzo

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." -Abraham Lincoln

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." -George S. Patton

"Leadership - leadership is about taking responsibility, not making excuses." -Mitt Romney

"If you expect the world to be fair with you because you are fair, you're fooling yourself. That's like expecting the lion not to eat you because you didn't eat him."

"He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else." -Benjamin Franklin

"Energy and persistence conquer all things." -Benjamin Franklin

That's all I got, thanks for reading.

Martinv678

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Sep 6, 2013
"The brave may not live forever but the cautious never live at all!"

NVaz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jul 24, 2013
Lisbon, Portugal
Don't know if someone mentioned this site http://quotivee.com/ . The wallpaper section is awesome.

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
"Nothing happens without pain. It's gonna be rough. You've gotta accept that. It's always gonna look like it's not gonna happen, and that's when it does if you keep fightin'!"

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
I hope this hasn't been posted here before:

"Pure hell forces action, but anything less can be endured with enough clever rationalization." Tim Ferris

Point being, don't fall into the trap of rationalizing your situation to the point where you are no longer motivated to take action and improve it. Get up and get moving.

frank65

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 3, 2014
My wife just showed me picture of a cup on Pinterest - it says 'You have the same amount of hours in a day as Beyoncé'. I kind of liked this, although I might replace the name...;)

Windsurfer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Jul 5, 2013
Minnesota
Just saw this on Seth Godin's blog:

Bat boy syndrome
Here's a common fantasy: Your team wins the pennant. It goes on to the World Series. It wins! And you're there for it, all along, the bat boy, helping out the sluggers, doing your job, proximity to greatness.
The line to get a job at Disney and Google and Pixar is long indeed. Countless people eager to get picked to join a winning team. Not as the person who is going to have to step up and cause success, no, the opportunity sought is to be on the team, to bask without being asked for heroics (which of course, carry risk).
The industrial culture, the resume-building mindset—it's no wonder so many have bat boy syndrome. The alternative, the alternative of picking yourself, is frightening because we've been hoodwinked and brainwashed into believing that it's not up to us. But it is.

Windsurfer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Jul 5, 2013
Minnesota
Another quote I liked:

"Chill. Never Freeze" - on a Mayonnaise jar label

HarryR

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
May 21, 2013
NC, USA or traveling
Winston Churchill
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.

Difficulties mastered are opportunities won.

However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.

Kites rise highest against the wind - not with it.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

When I look back on all these worries, I remember the story of the old man who said on his deathbed that he had had a lot of trouble in his life, most of which had never happened.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Are all of these winston churchill? They are some of the best, most meaningful quotes for me that I have ever come across.

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
"It won't make a good success story if there aren't obstacles that you have to overcome to get there" - Unknown

"If living an enriched and successful life were easy, everyone would be doing it" - Unknown

"Please think about your legacy, because you're writing it everyday" - Gary Vaynerchuck

Carny

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Mar 20, 2013
Action taken motivates more than the words of a dead man

BlokeInProgress

Business Building Warrior
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
Not sure if this has been posted already but here it goes -

"If its to be, its up to me!" - William H. Johnsen
"Nothing is impossible when you see it in your mind." - Unknown

G

GuestUser156

Today, it is four years ago one of my favorite skiers died. May he rest in peace.

The year before he died, he sustained a dramatic brain injury,
and literally relearned EVERYTHING to become an even better skier than he was before. His motivation is insane.

He says something very powerful at the end of this clip, which I wanted to share with you:

I have to. I have to, because that's what I want with my life,
and what I want with my life I am willing to work for,
and what I am willing to work for, I am definitely going to achieve.

If you have five minutes, watch the whole thing:
RIP

Last edited by a moderator:

nncbuysmortages

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Mar 19, 2014
Just a few of my favorites:

"What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals." - Henry David Thoreau

"Learning is the beginning of wealth. Learning is the beginning of health. Learning is the beginning of spirituality. Searching and learning is where the miracle process all begins." - Jim Rohn

"Always continue the climb. It is possible for you to do whatever you choose, if you first get to know who you are and are willing to work with a power that is greater than ourselves to do it." - Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Rick Wagoner

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
686%
Apr 18, 2013
NC Triangle
Let others lead small lives, but not you.
Let others argue over small things, but not you.
Let others cry over small hurts, but not you.
Let others leave their future in someone else's hands, but not you.

- Jim Rohn

Elizabeth Shi

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 18, 2014
China
Wow! This is a great thread. Sometimes the greatest quotes comes from children's movies and my favorite one is from the movie "Ratatouille".
It goes, "Your only limit is your soul."

ItaloAmerican

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Apr 22, 2014
Here are a few of my favorite quotes:

Don't pray for easier lives, pray to be stronger men.

John F. Kennedy

Where there's hope, there's life. It fills us with fresh courage and makes us strong again.
Anne Frank

Be happy, but never satisfied.
Bruce Lee

Start doing what is necessary, then what is possible,and suddenly you are doing the impossible.
Francis of Assisi

Success is doing ordinary things extraordinarily well.
Jim Rohn

If you have no critics you'll likely have no success.
Malcolm X

If my mind can conceive it, and my heart can believe it - then I can achieve it.
Muhammad Ali

Fortune cannot aid those who do nothing.
Sophocles

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
Awesome quotes above! Come on guys, more !

Blair

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Mar 4, 2014
New Zealand
"I'd rather be someone's shot of whiskey than everyone's cup of tea" - source unknown

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.