The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Get a 1 on 1 Call with Jack Edwards and help a Kid Who Is Dying.

Stubbers

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Feb 27, 2014
Borington, Ontario
I too had the pleasure of donating to a great cause and getting to chat with Jack. It was good being able to talk with a successful entrepreneur to get ideas where to focus attention, Jack was able to help steer my current business towards helping others and helping me towards a potential fastlane.

Appreciate your time and knowledge @JackEdwards and I hope for the best for the young man and his family in these tough times

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
I had the pleasure of speaking with Jack today. My initial intentions were to simply thank him for taking care of somebody in need. Maybe splash some business in here and there...but I would learn Jack works a little different than that.

Jack quickly jumped into how he could help me! Pretty cool if you think about it. He is helping a kid's family that's in trouble and at the same time helping me out along my business path. Humbled.

The energy, speed, and thoughtfulness that would come across in the next hour was amazing. I thought I was fast. Nope.

He took a few of my cobbled together thoughts about my new biz and really started to "see" a plan of how I could get there. And it's a darn good plan...and not a route I was even considering. Insightful.

But beyond the heaping loads of business help, I just enjoyed hearing Jack talk. If I ever find myself in a position such as his, I hope I have the grace, insight, and willingness to share that he has.

Ok, mushy stuff out of the way. Time to thank him the best way I know how - kickin' some business butt.

Thanks Jack.

ari_ari

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Apr 6, 2014
Hey Jack
Can you jack up the price and offer a second round for those of us who missed it?
Thanks

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
I had the pleasure of speaking with Jack today. My initial intentions were to simply thank him for taking care of somebody in need. Maybe splash some business in here and there...but I would learn Jack works a little different than that.

Jack quickly jumped into how he could help me! Pretty cool if you think about it. He is helping a kid's family that's in trouble and at the same time helping me out along my business path. Humbled.

The energy, speed, and thoughtfulness that would come across in the next hour was amazing. I thought I was fast. Nope.

He took a few of my cobbled together thoughts about my new biz and really started to "see" a plan of how I could get there. And it's a darn good plan...and not a route I was even considering. Insightful.

But beyond the heaping loads of business help, I just enjoyed hearing Jack talk. If I ever find myself in a position such as his, I hope I have the grace, insight, and willingness to share that he has.

Ok, mushy stuff out of the way. Time to thank him the best way I know how - kickin' some business butt.

Thanks Jack.
Crap. I should have done this just to do it :(

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
UPDATE - UPDATE - UPDATE

First I want to say Thank you everyone who has bought the ticket and taken the ride. We have raised right at $3k so far. That just shows what a great site MJ has built and says a lot about the people who are here.

Personally, I have really been enjoying these calls, I love working on new ideas, and I am sure if we have talked you will agree. I still have a few calls to go, but I have learned a lot, and hopefully maybe helped some people in their direction of where they want to go.

People keep posting here and PMing me that they wished they could of joined in and helped...

As I know the family can use as much as they can get, and 3k really wont make a dent in their problems.

I am going to open more slots not many but a few, if anyone wants to help.

If you are interested please PM me ASAP, and I will send you the times and dates I have available to choose from. First come, First serve basis. Same $75 for the hour.

100% proceeds going to Marcus and his family.

Thanks In advance for helping.

Please note: Viperion / MJ is not associated in anyway with the offer, nor the results of any call.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego

adoredunchin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jun 18, 2013
Some of you guys might not have the time, money or luck to do a call. So I'm having a second call with Jack.

his is now your opportunity to post any questions you would like to ask. I will write jacks wisedom down and post it here in the forum.

FreeMan

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Nov 26, 2012
NSW, Australia
Just had my call with Jack. My mind is still racing and trying to catch up with everything we spoke about. I feel like a nap now.

Thanks again Jack. It's a great thing you're doing for the kid and for everyone that you're talking to.

Oztrepreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Aug 9, 2013
Would anybody who have had recent calls be willing to share any wisdom with those of us less fortunate? Jack is doing an awesome thing here and from the sounds of it the discussions have been very beneficial....great to know that there are people who are willing to put time aside to help us discover our paths to entrepreneurial success!

jpa0827

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Feb 13, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
Would anybody who have had recent calls be willing to share any wisdom with those of us less fortunate? Jack is doing an awesome thing here and from the sounds of it the discussions have been very beneficial....great to know that there are people who are willing to put time aside to help us discover our paths to entrepreneurial success!

• Figure out where you want to go from the beginning so that you can build a business that fits those goals.
  • Think Big
  • Take an hour everyday to think about every aspect of your business. Think about what you want or need, because you will never have everything; therefore, there is always knew ways or things to come up with that can help your business grow.
  • Although Jack sounds like a fast paced guy, he did say to me that he doesn't just jump into something right away, he thinks through every aspect of it, because he doesn't want to lose. This doesn't mean he takes forever, but he really thinks through what he does and makes sure that it makes sense and is a worthwhile, business and strategy. I beleive he said in his current business he made around a 1000 calls to make sure his deal had legs.
  • Opportunity is everywhere. You can literally make money in anything. You don't have to just bring in boxes of items to sell in order to make money. Keep an open mind. You can offer all kinds of services, you can sell products (your brand or others), you can teach people how to do things, you can help established business market better...etc.
  • Scale is very important and most businesses can be scaled in way or another.
  • Old businesses are great because if you're hungry enough to get on the phone and hustle you can compete with the established players who are asleep at the wheel.
  • Building a list is extremely valuable. I'm not sure if this applies to all businesses, but definitely many. As Jack has mentioned on other calls as well, he said that the phone is more powerful, because you are not just getting your product or service out there, but you are building relationships which is much more valuable, especially when you want to build repeat business.
I'm sure there were more from my call, but this is what I remember off the top of my head and for the most part I think a lot of this you can gather from reading all of his posts over the last few years.

Hope this helps!

Ajita

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Dec 17, 2013
Florida
  • Figure out where you want to go from the beginning so that you can build a business that fits those goals.
  • Think Big
  • Take an hour everyday to think about every aspect of your business. Think about what you want or need, because you will never have everything; therefore, there is always knew ways or things to come up with that can help your business grow.
  • Although Jack sounds like a fast paced guy, he did say to me that he doesn't just jump into something right away, he thinks through every aspect of it, because he doesn't want to lose. This doesn't mean he takes forever, but he really thinks through what he does and makes sure that it makes sense and is a worthwhile, business and strategy. I beleive he said in his current business he made around a 1000 calls to make sure his deal had legs.
  • Opportunity is everywhere. You can literally make money in anything. You don't have to just bring in boxes of items to sell in order to make money. Keep an open mind. You can offer all kinds of services, you can sell products (your brand or others), you can teach people how to do things, you can help established business market better...etc.
  • Old businesses are great because if you're hungry enough to get on the phone and hustle you can compete with the established players who are asleep at the wheel.
  • Building a list is extremely valuable. I'm not sure if this applies to all businesses, but definitely many. As Jack has mentioned on other calls as well, he said that the phone is more powerful, because you are not just getting your product or service out there, but you are building relationships which is much more valuable, especially when you want to build repeat business.
I'm sure there were more from my call, but this is what I remember off the top of my head and for the most part I think a lot of this you can gather from reading all of his posts over the last few years.

Hope this helps!

I think you pretty much got every important point there :)

-Relationships are everything.
-Start looking through phone books and local ads for local businesses to give you an idea of all the different industries out there. Then exercise your idea/angle finding muscle but thinking about what each and every business needs to purchase regularly and what services they depend on. This helps to sharpen your brain and become aware of just how many opportunities are really out there.

Jack was awesome to talk to. I regularly go over my notes from the call to recharge my enthusiasm and determination. Thank you again Jack :)

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
  • Think Big

Hope this helps!

The only thing to add/stress is that Jack repeatedly mentioned that you should master your craft or whatever you're doing. Make sure you are an expert in your field.

There's a local bankruptcy law firm with this tagline "This Is All We Do and We Do It Well" They've been using that for as long as I can remember, and it works.

ari_ari

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Apr 6, 2014
My call with Jack was a little different and some of the notes are specific to my situation, but there were 2 should be helpful to any business:
  1. Does the person taking a job immediately start paying for that job today by their work, or will we only see results and revenue from them down the road?
  2. If you don't hire you will reach a plateau and stop growing - and as a corollary to this, there are lots of good, hard working employees who just want a job, and will it do it well if you instruct them how. We as entrepreneurs don't get this sometimes, so it was a good reminder.
Jack - I want to publicly take a minute to thank you for both the tremendous wisdom and insight you shared on the call, and the enormous amount of goodness and kindness you are doing for this family in their time of need. Having been around critical cases, I can tell you that it makes a major difference.

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
My goal was only to make a new friend. I succeeded.

I can't even begin to say how much power there is behind simply wanting to make friends with zero attachment to what you can personally gain for yourself.

I treat my customers the same way. I don't gain customers, I gain friends. :smoking:

Damn...love works.

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
I want to thank everyone who has taken a call so far. It's been a blast for me.

We have reached a number far more than I thought. I knew we would reach 2k, but now, we are close to $4k in money raised and I believe most are happy with how their calls went and learned a little. I think its been a win win for everyone.

Hopefully some friendships were made and some businesses created and money going to be made in the future.

I want to sell 16 more spots and give the family $5k. Then that' s it. No more. Who's in for one of the last calls?

For you guys that are working on your ideas from our first call and want a 2nd or 3rd call down the line as they get going we can set some dates a while away.

Pm me for last Dates available. Please put your location.

And Thanks for doing this.

Jack

Please note: Viperion / MJ is not associated in anyway with the offer, nor the results of any call.

Last edited:

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego

We have reached a number far more than I thought. I knew we would reach 2k, but now, we are close to $4k in money raised and I believe most are happy with how their calls went and learned a little. I think its been a win win for everyone.

Hopefully some friendships were made and some businesses created and money going to be made in the future.

I want to sell 16 more spots and give the family $5k. Then that' s it. No more. Who's in for one of the last calls?

For you guys that are working on your ideas from our first call and want a 2nd or 3rd call down the line as they get going we can set some dates a while away.

Jack

Do it!

klm79

Contributor
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Mar 25, 2014
Had mine today.....bounced some ideas off of him and we found a winner.

Will be sure to start a progress thread in the very near future!

Thanks Jack!

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
PM'd

jpa0827

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Feb 13, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio

Jack

Don't even think about this... Just do it! If you are already on this forum there is a good chance you want to build a business. When else will you get a chance to make a huge difference in someone's life and learn from a guy with a ton of business experience who is truly interested in helping people? If nothing else just make a friend and chat...it's for a good cause and Jack is cool.... for an old man that is ;)

bane

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Aug 7, 2012
NSW, Australia
Had my call today! YAY! Jack is great. He is 100% on your side and will help as much as possible on the call.

Thanks Jack, and thanks for helping that family.

Peace

Roland

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Aug 24, 2013
UK
Just PMd you. I am very happy to have the chance to talk to you.
Looking forward to know where I have to send you the money and when the call will be.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.