The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need advice on tech start up/building the right team

Joel Schuster

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 17, 2014
Hi there, I recently joined the Fastlane Forum after checking some threads, in hopes of getting advice on developing an idea. I've been thinking about this business idea for a while, but I couldn't implement it as I'm seeking for logistical and entrepreneurial support first.

This is what I've been thinking about:

First
, my objective is to find a developer/dev team to start with the concept. The main goal of the project is to expand 3D printing and 3D design to any user who has access to a computer or tablet in an amusing and unique way. Another goal is to create a brand and lead in the emerging 3D printing market through a great software product.

I lack the technical and development skills to successfully launch something like this anytime soon, however I have a draft of the business model. Due to the upcoming rise of 3D printing by order, I believe the idea has great potential to affiliate with other related industry sectors. I've thought that I need to search for a dedicated and honest team, and also for other contacts that are vital to run the business flawlessly.

That's just a simple vision of the idea. It would all begin with the software, which I think has to provide a game-like experience to reach most audiences. Nothing is as important as the customer's experience and entertaiment. Then, it's about making the right connections to successfully monetize it.

I was looking for any advice or contribution, as I feel like not having enough expertise or contacts to succeed on this. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lawrence Barse

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Mar 8, 2014
If you have the necessary financial backing, I suggest that you start hiring at least 4 software developers (1 lead), and get your vision for the software complete. This will require you to have a space for the developers to come and develop the software for you, along with the necessary hardware (computers). This will help you because, if you have your own team working on the software, you can always update the software to newer versions as you feel is necessary.

Or you can partner with someone who has a team of software developers, and share ownership of the business with him/her.

sle3pyguii

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Aug 19, 2012
Go to developer or start-up meetups. You can go find devs that want to work on new projects there.

Do you have the finances to pay a developer? Unless the dev REALLY likes your idea or is really young and doesn't need the money,

ilrein

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 1, 2012
Why does a developer need YOU? Do you offer any value at all?

You have a cool idea...big deal.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Joel Schuster

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 17, 2014
Thanks for your replies. Although I could offer some value in other areas to develop the idea, I admit that I wouldn't be able to help in the most important part of the development, the software.

This is my major concern to proceed, and therefore it's very likely that I won't be able to get anywhere. I agree that execution is almost everything. Well, the idea is there for someone to ponder on it.

Thanks again.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.