The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Jamaica , Reality and Resolve

marklov

It is a Tiger That Devours Me but I am The Tiger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 30, 2014
After reading MJ's book I have learned a lot of things but my immediate action honestly was "great...how can I create the next Fb/google/twitter/nextbigthing" and so I began a furious search for ebooks on coding ,all manner of softwares and now all I needed to do was just dedicate at least a yr and I would launch Facebook9000.

Interestingly I woke up the next morning with that good feeling yes the road is long but worth it in the end. Then it hit me it cant be this easy there must be something that I dont understand.

After reading the book again and it became evidently clear that I was not chasing the NEED or the SOLUTION or even playing to my strengths but the MONEY and had made the mistake of applying a slowlaners thought process because all I saw was Internet = impacting millions= making millions and how I can make millions Not helping millions.

Well I can say I failed miserably in understanding the purpose and mantra of the book.

MY reality is that I hate engineering numbers but love reading data and I am more of a right brained person. I can learn the maths to pass an test/exam but beyond that I rather be reading data , connecting with people , listening to problems/noise ,telling them what they want to hear and I am down right creative.....those are MY strengths.

I dont want to spend 4000-5000 hrs learning about code unless its to assist me in reaching my fastlane and at this point my fastlane is not centred around coding , so why centre myself to it?

MJ's book has given me some the insight needed to chase after my fastlane and so that is what I will do!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Elizabeth Shi

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 18, 2014
China

BlokeInProgress

Business Building Warrior
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
Welcome to the forum @marklov!

I dont want to spend 4000-5000 hrs learning about code unless its to assist me in reaching my fastlane and at this point my fastlane is not centred around coding , so why centre myself to it?

Some may saw that learning coding would really help, some would argue it wont, still the decision would end up with you. Maybe having a high level understanding would help you decide.

Anyway, good luck on your journey and read, read, read...lots of gold nuggets in the threads and posts! :)

marklov

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 30, 2014
Welcome to the forum @marklov!

Some may saw that learning coding would really help, some would argue it wont, still the decision would end up with you. Maybe having a high level understanding would help you decide.

Anyway, good luck on your journey and read, read, read...lots of gold nuggets in the threads and posts! :)

Well those gold nuggets I have found here and on other sites elsewhere have led me to the decision that I would rather not focus on it to that level , ofcourse this is after I thought about it for some time.
I may practice it on the side when I need to speak the lingo to not get BS'ed but otherwise than that...who really knows what the future holds.:cool:

Atleast for now I would rather put the risk elsewhere in crafting the art of writing and all the other areas involved.

I will make sure to do lots of that and thanks!

Welcome! My wife and I just returned from Jamaica (Ocho Rios) and truly enjoyed our time in your country.

Thanks!
I feel great amounts of pride you enjoyed your stay here and that is one of the popular towns.

Last edited:

Zulu

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Mar 14, 2013
Kingston - DC - Everywhere in Between
Hello @marklov ,

Seems there are more of us lol, I suspect @yahdmon is a Jamaican too. I actually had a general idea of a business structure that could make some money in Jamaica - I'm planning to leave shortly though. We should definitely link up man.

Zulu

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Mar 14, 2013
Another Jamaican on the Forums!!! WELCOME!!! Glad to know that I'm not the only one.

PeteLife I had no idea man, looks like we're over represented on this site now lol!

yahdmon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
May 3, 2012
I live in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I am. Hit me up. Let us chat and see how deep the rabbit hole goes. If you have already identified where you are trying to go then be ready to tell what you think you need to get there and then share on the forums as a whole so you can get the help you need from the forum as a whole. By the way, when I am on that rock I am mostly in Mobay.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

marklov

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 30, 2014
Hello @marklov ,

Seems there are more of us lol, I suspect @yahdmon is a Jamaican too. I actually had a general idea of a business structure that could make some money in Jamaica - I'm planning to leave shortly though. We should definitely link up man.

I really didnt expect to find other Jamaicans here but "you never know until you know! @Zulu

Another Jamaican on the Forums!!! WELCOME!!! Glad to know that I'm not the only one.

Im glad to know I am not the only one seeking a way out the system in Jamaica and I am sure you know how it is! @PeteLife

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Yeah man, Nuff Respect & love.

All the best, welcome to the forum.

P.s I'm not a yardie but all the best with your endeavours to change/improve the system and building a fastlane business :)

Barry

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Dec 27, 2011
Jamaica
Don't forget I'm here too!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Zulu

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Mar 14, 2013
There are a lot of old really people that own businesses here, if you wanted to really do business in Jamaica I'd suggest you read all of @JackEdwards posts and start looking for some weak fences to lean on. Also remember...a lot of the dudes in business here were born on third base and think they hit a triple. --> It was left to them by their family...and they've never faced any competition, much less hungry competition. Under pressure most of them would crumple.

I'm definitely not trying to stay here though - gone by the end of August.

Ramon Thomson

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Dec 22, 2013
Sounds dismal, maybe I should think about leaving this place also. Too much corruption ans politics argghh!

yahdmon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
May 3, 2012
Not to mention the culture and mind set is vastly different from what a US entrepreneur would be used to. The startup process as far as becoming a legal entity is concerned. Starting a business in any so-called third world country is not for the faint of heart. You have to very agile since if you touch onto something solid, it will bring a lot of copycats out of the woodworks. Lots of opportunities there.

Zulu

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Mar 14, 2013
Too much corruption ans politics argghh!

Funny enough none of this bothers me.

It's the social scene that has me wanting to leave. But I'm only focused on it because I was born in the States and can leave easily.

If I wasn't, I'd do what I mentioned in my post above re: JackEdwards posts and looking for a weak fence to lean on. Don't worry about politics and corruption bro, those things are the least - and predictable/controllable.

If you can't easily leave - read my above post and you'll make a lot of money.

Ramon Thomson

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Dec 22, 2013
True words zulu, im going to look for the post right now. By the way how is your road to riches looking?

Zulu

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Mar 14, 2013
explain what you mean by the social scene? I am thinking party and night life but that may not be what you are talking about. I have some things going on down there and it would be great to get your perspective.

Everyone down here is pretty judgemental - and has set ideas about what is supposed to be and what isn't. And have no desire to experience new things - I've stopped going out really..because every night is the same night...I've lived it hundreds of times now. Same ppl standing up watching each other, same Djs/Selectors. Same friends since high school or prep school...

I basically see who I could grow into being...and I don't want to be any of those people or live their lives.

True words zulu, im going to look for the post right now. By the way how is your road to riches looking?

Took a bump over the past year because I tried to start a 'me too' business, but it seems to be getting back on track. The most important part of that for me seems to have been reading and analyzing top members posts for their meaning. I really don't know why I didn't do it sooner. Went through zen*******, JackEdwards, Snowbank and Biophase posts. If I had done that a year ago I'd be pretty well off today. That is legit the best piece of advice any new forum member could get.

yahdmon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
May 3, 2012
As to fadtlane ideas, parking space around nearly all the cities is limited especially during peak hours and very few, if any, parking structures. You put it up and then have to convince the motorists to use it. That is one.

I have driven through many towns and still see lines of vehicles waiting on a guy with a bucket to was their vehicles. Build a drive thru would solve the problem but then you will have to deal with issues that come from the mindset of the culture. There are many more.

Ramon Thomson

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Dec 22, 2013
I couldnt agree with you more, party social scene is the same crap every night of the week, but the people still go back for more of the same music same people same selector bs, maybe keeping parties could be a jamican fastlane .... im into aviaton and thay is pretty much dead down here, thats why I started to think about starting my own thing . Still finding it hard to come up with good ideas, everything you try to bring into this country is taxed so high you wonder if it makes any sense.....

yahdmon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
May 3, 2012
Thank you Zulu... it is what I was thinking you meant and it is a very inciteful and discerning observation.

It is not a good thing if everyone left though. What kind of place would it become?

All the same, I understand what you are saying. From my experience, the one major issue that I have found is that the masses are not teachable, sort of as you have percieved and those who can be taught are either not trustworthy or are just downright unrighteous. Still we press!

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
Aw, man. Jamaica. I lived in Kingston for a year when I was in high school.
Fond memories.
It is an interesting topic.... how can "fastlane" businesses be built in 3rd world countries.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...