The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

zen*******, who are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
HOLY SHNYKIES...THIS THREAD IS BACK FROM THE DEAD :headbanger:

Nothing more to see here. Back to executing and staying focused, guys.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling

Delphi

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jul 14, 2013
I'm still new to this forum and have absolutely nothing of value to add, but I'm kind of shocked at how so many people beat this guy down with sarcasm and mockery regardless of how unintentionally rude he was in asking a harmless question. With that said, I hope this kind of attitude is not what you guys carry with you in your dealings, whatever they may be.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
I'm still new to this forum and have absolutely nothing of value to add, but I'm kind of shocked at how so many people beat this guy down with sarcasm and mockery regardless of how unintentionally rude he was in asking a harmless question. With that said, I hope this kind of attitude is not what you guys carry with you in your dealings, whatever they may be.
You've been here long enough that you should already know the answer to this.

Delphi

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jul 14, 2013
I made an account, but I haven't come here much so the time doesn't really mean anything. There isn't a question in that, so what should I know the answer to?

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
I made an account, but I haven't come here much so the time doesn't really mean anything. There isn't a question in that, so what should I know the answer to?
Never mind, stick around and enjoy.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I'm kind of shocked at how so many people beat this guy down with sarcasm and mockery regardless of how unintentionally rude he was in asking a harmless question.

You may get that impression if you only read a couple of threads. This is not an attitude that is prevalent though. Zen has done a lot to help people not only on the forums, but outside as well. He has helped by giving freely of his time. There have been a number of instances where his advice and guidance have made people money without asking for anything in return.

This poster just happened to hit a nerve with a callout on someone without even doing a simple search.

I don't agree with the hammering but people here wanted to come to his defense.

Read more and you can determine what kind of a community we are.

Delphi

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jul 14, 2013
You may get that impression if you only read a couple of threads. This is not an attitude that is prevalent though. Zen has done a lot to help people not only on the forums, but outside as well. He has helped by giving freely of his time. There have been a number of instances where his advice and guidance have made people money without asking for anything in return.

This poster just happened to hit a nerve with a callout on someone without even doing a simple search.

I don't agree with the hammering but people here wanted to come to his defense.

Read more and you can determine what kind of a community we are.

I don't doubt that at all, however my point was that I don't think he was calling anyone out, it was just more than likely curiosity. Anyway, only he knows his intentions, I can't say anything to that. I don't have any ideas about what kind of community is here, I only enjoy the fact that it exists. It's more than likely that I'll be asking quite a few people on this forum for help :)

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
I don't doubt that at all, however my point was that I don't think he was calling anyone out, it was just more than likely curiosity. Anyway, only he knows his intentions, I can't say anything to that. I don't have any ideas about what kind of community is here, I only enjoy the fact that it exists. It's more than likely that I'll be asking quite a few people on this forum for help :)
This was discussed at length on the inside. Not in itself worth the price of admission, but it's there none the less.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I did not respond to the original poster at all. There was no need to as Zen can take care of himself. I am only responding now as the integrity of our community is questioned. But that is easy for you to determine yourself without my responses here.

Many of the posters on this forum know each other. We have actually met, interacted in business and in pleasure. There are a number of business ventures and long term friendships that have blossomed from this forum. A lot of money has been made by people as a result of this forum.

Sometimes we are a bit protective although we certainly don't need to be.:)

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
and have absolutely nothing of value to add
This is the real item that needs to be addressed. First of all as a real, live human being, you have plenty to add. Don't ever sell yourself short. Next, what is it that you are trying to accomplish?

Delphi

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jul 14, 2013
This is the real item that needs to be addressed. First of all as a real, live human being, you have plenty to add. Don't ever sell yourself short. Next, what is it that you are trying to accomplish?
Thank you for that. Well I'm a good bit younger than most people here(I assume), but I'm here to learn and see what others are actually doing, so that I can do the same. I don't know anyone in real life who has the same views as the people here, every one of my peers is content with getting a good degree in college, and then moving on to a job at (hopefully) a large multinational or any relatively successful company. I used to want the same thing too, until I found people on the internet like Tim Ferriss, MJ and discovering the whole online entrepreneurial community. I'll be starting college in the fall, so I'm fairly certain I will meet others who want the same thing there. I'd also like to add that I don't think there is anything wrong with 9-5 if you enjoy what you're doing and the lifestyle it allows you to have.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I'd also like to add that I don't think there is anything wrong with 9-5 if you enjoy what you're doing and the lifestyle it allows you to have.
There are others here that are your age. I agree with you that there is nothing wrong with a 9-5 job. There are some people that get rich climbing the corporate ladder but those are few and far between. The goal of the people on this forum in not only to have plenty of money (millions or billions), but to have freedom as well. The freedom to do what you want without having to get up to go to work.

I work out of my house. During the past 15 years I have not had to report to any boss. Most of that time I have not had to work. AND, I make more than most doctors and lawyers. To me, that is freedom.

I have a friend that is a surgeon. He make great money and has a great house. He lives a good life. But he works ungodly hours and is on call a lot. He has a hard time getting away for vacations as well. He likes his life and many others would like his life as well. I prefer mine though.

Delphi

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jul 14, 2013
There are others here that are your age. I agree with you that there is nothing wrong with a 9-5 job. There are some people that get rich climbing the corporate ladder but those are few and far between. The goal of the people on this forum in not only to have plenty of money (millions or billions), but to have freedom as well. The freedom to do what you want without having to get up to go to work.

I work out of my house. During the past 15 years I have not had to report to any boss. Most of that time I have not had to work. AND, I make more than most doctors and lawyers. To me, that is freedom.

I have a friend that is a surgeon. He make great money and has a great house. He lives a good life. But he works ungodly hours and is on call a lot. He has a hard time getting away for vacations as well. He likes his life and many others would like his life as well. I prefer mine though.
That sounds like freedom to me. If you don't mind my asking, is what you do location independent?

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
is what you do location independent?
It can be. I own and operate apartment buildings. I stay involved with the operations currently but do not have to. I like to buy and sell. Right now I have 3 deals under contract to sell and am looking for more to buy.

Delphi

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jul 14, 2013
Yeah, even in this age of internet businesses/startups and multi-billion dollar valuations of companies like Facebook and Whatsapp, I think at this point it's probably simpler to have a physical business. I can't really say I believe entirely in luck, but I feel like a lot of the successful internet related or internet based businesses have had luck. Just having the right idea and implementing it in the right way at the right time. It would be amazing if I was able to create wealth through something internet related, but in the long run I want to do something with more impact than social networking which in my opinion doesn't bring much actual value to anyone. I watched a TED talk zen******* posted by the co creator of Farmville, and what he said made sense, although it may be stupid to seek positive reinforcement through your friends on the internet, that's what people want. That said, do you have any suggestions on what I should be doing to find an idea?

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
That said, do you have any suggestions on what I should be doing to find an idea?
Read the James Altchur AMA he did here. You could also check out Dane Maxwells interview on the SPI podcast as well as his AMA on this forum. There area ton of good threads here on finding ideas, those were the first two that came to mind and I know they both cover coming up with ideas (you might need to be an INSIDERS, not sure).

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013

MyronGainz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Dec 26, 2013
Toronto
Does zen******* have a biography or profile anywhere? (The kind you would give to investors)? Just curious

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
Zen is somewhere in this photo, if you can find him you'll know his true identity

whereswaldo4.jpg

http://honeyapplecouk.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/whereswaldo4.jpg

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
@zen******* took a company public SO FAST he was exiled to New Mexico. Where, in spite of being forced into a chicken labor camp...he couldn't help but build another multi-million dollar company.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
Nope. I like my privacy. :)

Z

Zen. Honestly.

When I come to this forum. First thing look for is your name. I admire your passion for helping others. I've read most if your posts.

I have a question. Something that lurks deep in my thoughts.

I feel good about what I've started. But i also feel kinda scared about what might come. Which is weird because its what I wanted.

I guess my question is. Did you ever fear success?

I'm flooded with orders and ibdont even have a product yet.

Sometimes I feel like I don't deserve what might come or scared to deal with it. If it does happen.

I guess I'm just scared. Freaks the shit out of me.

EDIT - I guess this is for any forum members

Last edited:

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
I wish I had the enthusiasm to connect with members as easily as the others members do. for example. So many people talk about how they just talk with people like you and MJ, over Skype or something, and for some reason I fear even that. Seems like there success is predicated on the ability to do such things. frustrates me.

I guess my anxiety gets the best of me.

hard to explain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content