The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Getting Product into Store Checklist

niftyg

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver Island
I am in the process of launching my first product and getting it right into stores. I have never done anything like this before. After some pilot runs of internet advertising I have come to the conclusion that people want a selection and not a single item, which made me think of the B&M store direction... for the reason:

I made some calls to businesses in the industry and the information summed up to the following: People want a good quality product and don't mind paying. They want it to last a good amount of time and not break down on them. The stores biggest inconvenience is customers coming in wanting to return the product, as by nature they are NON RETURNABLE.

My solution:

Offer a killer product at entry level high end price. Great warranty, and most of all, offer the stores a credit on returns (they destroy product and I credit them). I know, I know. This can backfire, but it can also allow the store to take returns which would normally be impossible which offers them incentive to carry my product. That coupled with good margins... (50% on their end). I'm just counting on this pulling in more money than it will cost me. That is what I'm selling the whole idea on, and maybe an extra idea is to even offer some sort of employee commission program. but that will come later.

Here's the plan:

1. Form a proper LLC so I don't get sued into the grave when my product inadvertently kills someone.
2. Outsource my packaging design on oDesk, preferably somebody experienced in package and instruction design. Flat rate, 300 dollars? (I want something GOOD and only to do it once), however funds are limited.
3. Place my pilot customized order and make sure everything checks up.
4. Once confirmed place my MOQ of my first customized order.
6. Get in touch with store buyers and pitch them the product.

Website is already a go and ready.

Is there anything I am glaringly missing here? I'm not entering the BEST in anything but just something that can provide solid sales and that I can keep on scaling.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I would do step 3 first.

niftyg

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver Island
If it makes any difference I have already done orders modifying packaging to a certain extent, and they have done an absolute amazing job. This will to be the first time of complete customizability.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.