The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Would You Take This? I wouldn't :).....

Anything related to matters of the mind

S. Brown

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Mar 23, 2014
Tampa Bay, Fl
Over a course of a year (since graduating college) I have realized what my core values in life are after a few life circumstances that made me become more aware of the quality of life and that I should live life to become the best version of my self throughout my life. It also made me realize to pursue what makes me happy related to those VALUES. When I read MJ's book, it gave me a better perception on taking action in life based on core values and that everyone should pursue life to achieve happiness by taking risk and action by not letting fear hold you back.

I value my TIME ALOT and I can't stand not having CONTROL of my life when it comes to decision making and doing what I want 24/7. In which this is what much of what FREEDOM is all about. That's one reason why FASTLANE ENTREPRENEURSHIP is the road that I'm pursuing. Also that's one reason why I can't WORK for someone my whole life and in general. I want to be in CONTROL of my life and do what I want whenever I want while creating solutions to peoples problems (NEED). I also would rather produce more than consume because I get a good feeling by creating and improving people lives.

Everyone has different MOTIVES for pursuing ENTREPRENEURSHIP or any life pursuits in general based on their VALUES. This is very important to know although many people do not know their VALUES and MOTIVES in life but that is another thread/topic for discussion.There are many roads to get to a certain destination in life. So knowing your MOTIVES and VALUES is VERY important because you will basically be doing things just to do it for nothing like running around in circles and going no where :cookoo:.

Check out this portion of this article I read below...

What would you do? Would you take this?

More money is almost always better but only if the opportunity cost is one that doesn’t exact too high a toll on your true desires. For example, if someone offered me $25 million after taxes to spend the next 25 years of my life logging trees in the Pacific Northwest, physically cutting down timber, being exposed to the elements, and risking life and limb, it would take no more than a fraction of a second for me to resoundingly reject their offer. Yet, another person would be thrilled to do the same work and get paid $100,000 per year. There is a vital lesson on the nature of happiness in there. If you never learn anything else from my writings, I hope it is that money exists to serve you. You should not serve it.

http://www.joshuakennon.com/motives-and-motivations-matter/

What are all you all guys/gals motives for being a entrepreneur?...what drives you?....whats your "why"?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

S. Brown

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Mar 23, 2014
Tampa Bay, Fl
What are all you all guys/gals motives for being a entrepreneur?...what drives you?....whats your "why"?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

HardParked13

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 15, 2013
VA
I think the real entrepreneur would take that 25 mil & build an automated logging machine and then sell the technology to GE.

As for my motives of pursuing the fastlane...I was sold on the 'American Dream' of freedom and ability to do whatever you please at a really young age and as I got older you see everyone slaving away for 'wealth in a wheelchair' because they gave up on it. They say it's the only option. Well, "I reject your reality and substitute my own"

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
I have probably shared this before on here but I have a few reasons...

2 are pictured to the left :) they are much bigger now tho ;)

edit to add no...

nothing to me is more valuable or more important in this life then raising my kids. it is not something you get to redo. its not something that I can make up for later with money... its not something that would be made significantly better with more money... easier maybe more pleasurable sure. but better no way!

DrkSide

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Mar 26, 2013

S. Brown

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Mar 23, 2014
Tampa Bay, Fl
I think the real entrepreneur would take that 25 mil & build an automated logging machine and then sell the technology to GE.

As for my motives of pursuing the fastlane...I was sold on the 'American Dream' of freedom and ability to do whatever you please at a really young age and as I got older you see everyone slaving away for 'wealth in a wheelchair' because they gave up on it. They say it's the only option. Well, "I reject your reality and substitute my own"

Yeah. I think it takes a strong minded person to reject the "norm" and live life on your own terms. It's a crazy world out there and people don't just want to live life their way. They would have someone else tell them how to live or have their fears hold them back.

S. Brown

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Mar 23, 2014
Tampa Bay, Fl
I have probably shared this before on here but I have a few reasons...

2 are pictured to the left :) they are much bigger now tho ;)

edit to add no...

nothing to me is more valuable or more important in this life then raising my kids. it is not something you get to redo. its not something that I can make up for later with money... its not something that would be made significantly better with more money... easier maybe more pleasurable sure. but better no way!

You are truly right @CarrieW :), money should just should be a tool to use for achieving goals/dreams. I believe that genuine relationships (family/friends) is the best security and happiness you can have.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
money exists to serve you

I like that

"I reject your reality and substitute my own"

this too

My reason:
Anger

Mountains of it.
Because anger is unearthed truths we must overcome.

Having a "direction" initially, scatters to the wind, as you dive deep and fight what exists there.

My plan:
Don't take it personal, get through it, give it time, push, and find new things.

The results:
Greater confidence, deeper understanding, greater integrity, and dancing swords of awesome biz skill.
Consolidating another grand accomplishment, and removing yet another blind spot.

I didn't have a big reason, I just had one ok enough to get me through. Then slapped my trophy bag onto the table, and nodded.
Hunters hunt.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

S. Brown

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Mar 23, 2014
Tampa Bay, Fl

What do you think made you be able to break away from the "norm" mentality/reality and not get stuck in it?

HardParked13

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 15, 2013
VA
What do you think made you be able to break away from the "norm" mentality/reality and not get stuck in it?

It definitely helps having a last name that's at the end of the alphabet. You sit in the back of the class, you wait at the end of the line, you see all of the sheep lining up for the slaughterhouse and you wait your turn. When you sit back with the world in front of you, you observe and analyze and it's up to you to make the logical decision based on what you see. I never read the book but I watched the movie 'The Perks of Being a Wallflower'. One line was, "You see things and you understand, you are a wallflower". I think many great entrepreneurs have this trait.

liquidglass

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Oct 24, 2011
The "why" is different for everyone. Although many people like to romanticize it and believe it's for altruistic reasons and being selfless this is normally not the case. Pretty much every one (here at least) wants the ability to be FREE: free of time constraints, work schedules, financial worries, hoping your company doesn't give you the pink slip and ruin your 401k...you get the idea.

But that freedom requires a price up front and it can not be haggled with, tricked, or have a short cut made to it. It requires that you provide value to others and in turn you will achieve goals. You can't become a millionaire without providing value to another person. So while everyone has the same why we are separated by those who are willing to do what it takes and those who give up when it gets tough.

My "why" is...
-to have a financial fortress built around my family that nothing can get through (stole it from Brian Tracy)
- to enjoy my ONLY limited resource: TIME
- to make my own future rather than leave it in the hands of others (bosses, companies, etc)
- to see those in all stages of the rat race (slow lane) and go - I'm glad I didn't do that
- to help others realize their dreams and raise up above the masses to the uncrowded top just as it was done for me.

my "how" (which is the more important question you should ask) is by changing the world for the better for those that live in it. (aka tremendous value added to millions of lives)

By achieving the "how" my "whys" will automatically come to be.

It definitely helps having a last name that's at the end of the alphabet.

My last name is right before Z haha so I'm with you on this one buddy! Back of the line UNITE!

S. Brown

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Mar 23, 2014
Tampa Bay, Fl
By achieving the "how" my "whys" will automatically come to be.

I like how you broke the "how and "why" down. It's like a cause and effect saying that if you take action towards a purpose (create value) you will be able to accomplish your internal motives.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.