The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Millionaire fastlane goodreads group and 52 books in 52 weeks challenge

For any book discussion

CheekyMiscer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Apr 4, 2014
Hey guys, I know you all love or at least should love reading here and a great way to keep track of everything related to reading is www.goodreads.com

I created a group for this forum you guys can join and add books you like or recommend to the shelf so others can see them. It's a nice easy, tidy way of keeping things together as well as discussions and seeing each others reviews etc..
https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/131918-millionaire-fastlane-forum

You're all absolutely welcome to add my goodreads account.

~52 books in 52 weeks challenge~

This is very popular on another forum I frequent and as far as I can tell you don't have it here yet but it is a great way to motivate everyone to read and learn reading 52 books in 52 weeks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gsuz

If you want the crown, you gotta take it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Jul 3, 2012
Great idea, hopefully we're all gonna make it. Will join later

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK
I joined!

I've already read 52 books this year, but always looking forward to reading more!

CheekyMiscer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Apr 4, 2014
Neat idea, just joined the group :)
Cool, looks like quite a number of you have joined. Don't forget you can add books to recommend them or start discussions etc..

I joined!
I've already read 52 books this year, but always looking forward to reading more!
Damn, 'mirin. Maybe try and do 52 non fiction next time? You can use your love of fantasy as a reward.

=>Here's a neat list of books that teach how to become a millionaire.

Of course, it won't be easy, but these are incredibly helpful.

Cheers for that. I've actually already read pretty much all of those.

NoLackey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jan 1, 2014
Thanks for sharing.

I joined and added a book I read a few months ago and recommend to everyone.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Lol I have read 2 books to completion in the last year... This forum distracts me too much.

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK
Damn, 'mirin. Maybe try and do 52 non fiction next time? You can use your love of fantasy as a reward.

Most of my fiction reading is actually while I'm busy with the kids and don't have to pay much attention. I do read non-fiction for at least 30 minutes a day, it's just much slower going. My goal for non-fiction is 52 non-fiction books this year, I'm at 14 non-fiction for the year so far.

Albert Liao

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 22, 2014
Books are great, but action is better. Just something to keep in mind if you are thinking about doing this challenge!

RBefort

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 14, 2012
Books are great, but action is better. Just something to keep in mind if you are thinking about doing this challenge!
One reason I might avoid it. I get lists a mile long and then get consumed by knowledge instead of experience. Read almost 15 business and self development books this year...always tell myself weekends off from slowlane are to be spent finsing a need and developing something. Then, I just end up reading lol not to mention, I take notes so it takes longer than usual

CheekyMiscer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Apr 4, 2014

Action and reading are certainly not mutually exclusive. You absolutely need to do both. Reading needs to be a habit as routine and important as brushing your teeth.

Wake up -> read for at least 30 minutes -> shower and breakfast.

Don't forget what you read is as important as reading itself. Don't kid yourself. Reading the new twilight book simply will not expand your thinking like reading Schopenhauer will.

There are books that will save you weeks if not possibly months or years of taking action so it's in your best interests to save yourself the wasted time and energy you could save by reading.

LIkeafox

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Mar 3, 2014
New York
I think this is a great idea, I've bookmarked the group and hope you don't mind if I just silently lurk and poke around the group from time to time without actually joining.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
just joined :)

I am currently looking for books not only for myself but some books for reading to my kids for school :)

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia

CheekyMiscer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Apr 4, 2014
Nice, already seen this myself and already have most of them ready to read.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158879073

Original thread and the reason I read Millionare Fastlane in the first place, please don't post there and send the people to this forum, the community here is much better
I have not posted there about this forum, nor will I but i think you're reasoning is unjustified. The misc is a solid community and I wouldn't be here if not for them.

Almost finished Bel Ami by guy de maupassant and just started Games people play.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Nice, already seen this myself and already have most of them ready to read.

I have not posted there about this forum, nor will I but i think you're reasoning is unjustified. The misc is a solid community and I wouldn't be here if not for them.

Almost finished Bel Ami by guy de maupassant and just started Games people play.
I meant the people from this forum not you. Misc is good for what it is but here is different, a lot less "noise". I used to misc myself till I found this forum, and the misc is how I ended up here. Misc has incredible quality on it, the meditation, lifting, 30 day challenges etc

Synz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
May 11, 2014
Started doing this already. I'll have to dig my list up for the year so far. Might be a week behind, but I'm fairly sure I've stayed on top of the challenge.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.