The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My E-Commerce Watch Progress Thread

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
Making a new thread dedicated to my activities and progress of the single watch i'm selling that is Rose Gold // womens.

If you have any feedback /ideas how to improve this, I would love to hear them.

Price: $20+Shipping EA

Current Daily Activities:

Every 2 hours

Be active on Instagram, Twitter, + Pinterest

Took down link - I trust the main fastlane forum members but, who knows about the lurkers~!

-Also selling on Ebay + Etsy

Todays sales: 2
1 From Instagram (bought on site) , 1 From Etsy.

--Also i'm trying to figure out what to do with buyers after they get a watch. How can I continue to get them to want to watch the company / interact with us, even though we have 1 product as of right now.

--Also I will do content marketing but, I want to hire someone for that. I have no passion at all creating articles for this type of content and I know they would be trash. This will come later on after I get to hopefully 5+ sales/day

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
e2b310afe242cda717f02894d7a2c076e319e17ece.png

Some Etsy stats. That's over a week of advertising. Sadly they don't let you choose your own keywords and it only lets me choose 2 relevant to my watch. 1 isin't even really relevant at all but, it's cheap and works kind've.

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
End of day 1 -

Finally listed on Amazon.com - Guess we will see how this goes? It seems like you can't do anything to promote your product, they promote it for you and if its good then its good...

Had 2 fashion bloggers contact me from instagram wanting to do 'partnerships' I'm starting to talk to them over e-mail to see what exactly they are looking to do... Personally I would like to give them a free watch if they generate any sales, or a comission split.

Going to take it easy now and message some youtubers then call it a night, been working like crazy today.

17 Insta Followers
10 Twitter
4 Pinterest

14 hits to website

2 sales

brandonrush

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jul 23, 2012
Louisiana
--Also i'm trying to figure out what to do with buyers after they get a watch. How can I continue to get them to want to watch the company / interact with us, even though we have 1 product as of right now.

--Also I will do content marketing but, I want to hire someone for that. I have no passion at all creating articles for this type of content and I know they would be trash. This will come later on after I get to hopefully 5+ sales/day

Make them aware that you will be offering extra discounts/promos on new items when they are released for returning customers and the promos will be mentioned on FB/twitter/etc.

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
Make them aware that you will be offering extra discounts/promos on new items when they are released for returning customers and the promos will be mentioned on FB/twitter/etc.

My concern is that even with promos and stuff - I only have 1 product.. Unless they lose it, why would they want another! I really just want a way I can show them love without asking anything of them.

Spent most of today getting v2 of the site up and running.

Now back onto the social media grind

1 sale today so far - Ebay

Also update on the 2 bloggers:

1 from Norway - I don't want to ship down there or attract that audience because of shipping rates

2nd - no response yet

Also thinking about changing where $25.99 is crossed out, putting in $1,000,000 for some humor.

Last edited:

camcam

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 19, 2013
UK
First of all congrats!

Second; maybe offer some aftercare items. Don't really know anything about watches never worn them. For example; with a pair of glasses you have a case for it. Maybe offer something like that or some 'magical watch polish' .

Not too sure just an idea.

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
I think you should start searching for products #2-10. Unless its a magical watch, you're playing the role of one trick pony, and you're not selling something that has a recurring need.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
My concern is that even with promos and stuff - I only have 1 product.. Unless they lose it, why would they want another!
You could slowly introduce one complimentary product at time. ie: If it's a woman's watch...find a complimentary bracelet/necklace/earrings. If it's a man's watch, bracelets, necklace.

maybe offer some aftercare items
Right. You could package them as an option. Buy the watch, get the aftercare item 30% off or whatever.

There's a lot you could do here. I strongly suggest getting an INSIDERS membership. There is a TON of information related to what you are doing.

Good work.

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
You could slowly introduce one complimentary product at time. ie: If it's a woman's watch...find a complimentary bracelet/necklace/earrings. If it's a man's watch, bracelets, necklace.

Thanks, I plan on doing this once I get consistent 5salesish/day

I plan on becoming a INSIDERS one day, I can't afford it right now and I know that's not a good reason but, I really can't.

Last edited:

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
Thanks guys - Not finished for the day but, wrapping up - Instgram just blocked me for a little while for liking too much :p Thank god it wasn't a ban...

Also about the upsell - Good idea, will look more into it and see what I can think of

Today:

Setup a affiliate program - I think I may have my first affiliate too (that I contacted)
& Concept - Basically, they can sign up for free of course and if they sell 1 , they get 30% commission + a free watch. Anything after that is just commission.

Setup Bing ads with free $75 credit, not expecting much from it though. So far 800+ impressions, 0 clicks. The big guys really buy up all the good keywords, i'm trying random creative stuff, hoping it might work and stay cheap

Installed a coupon popup that requires them to enter their email to get the coupon for free shipping (Also has a FB like button beside it, which makes it look like they have to do both but, really dont)

Figured out my next product to import + add to the site.... It's a iPhone case. Going to sell for $20 (Finding this product took most of the morning)

Kept up w/ social media - It sounds like someone from Twitter is going to buy - she sent me two messages , her last one was "And some arm candy from x does sound good...." - So I followed up w/ a free shipping code.

Sent everyone who favorited my product on Etsy a free shipping code

Now i'm going to get active on pinterest + Twitter some more, finish homepage meta tags for SEO

then contact some more potential affilaites

and then focus on completing a survey me and @codo3500 have been working on.

34 Insta Followers
29 Twitter
5 Pinterest Followers

Most traffic coming from Twitter at 4 hits

Bought some paid traffic from stumble upon - 50 hits , 0 conversion

Also shipped out the sale from yesterday as well as a free watch to a blogger that will be hosting a contest for the watch.... It cost me a free watch for her and whoever wins... We will see how it does.

Update: Sold 2 today on a small deal site I forgot I was running a deal on!

Last edited:

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
In the proccess of grinding on social media , will update follower count later tonight.

Contacted 30+ Bloggers with my affiliate program today , 1 reply back so far and shes interested.

Bing ads working - 3 hits (cheap) - 0 conversion... Hoping to scale up the hits obviously haha, just trying to figure out how and still be relevant to the search.

Really trying to figure out how I can be getting more traffic without paid ads - I have a very little money for paid ads but, everything I try fails.

1 Sale today so far (eBay)

Y.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 7, 2014
Are you branding it with your own company name or just reselling one from alibaba with the manufacturers name?

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
Wondering if I should use the profits I have made to expand my product line or invest in paid ads - Have the iPhone case picked out. Any opinions?

edit - I've decided to make the leap and buy the cases. If they can up my sales +1 or 2 a day, that will help out a lot. Hopefully have average of 4 sales a day , which would be $80/days

-Sent out a survey to try and better understand my customers - thanks @codo3500 for the help again.

site stats

Pageviews
Unique Pageviews
Avg. Time on Page
00:00:54
Bounce Rate
71.43%
% Exit
54.90%

Highest non paid traffic day yet.

Also update from last post: Actually made 3 sales today

1 eBay 1 Instagram 1 Etsy

Last edited:

Stu_Hefner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Mar 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Hey great job since we spoke last week. You should focus on facebook if you continue to do any paid traffic. The thing with paid traffic is you will need to test and track all of it to make sure your campaigns are profitable. If you have just the one ad set up its not nearly enough data. I suggest focusing your efforts on FB timeline ads. You will be able to target all these big blogging and fashion pages without having to rely on them.

This was posted in another thread. (INSIDERS) Basically this guy has made millions selling an alibaba product exclusvely with facebook ads for marketing.

He_Used_To_Work_In-7fef144fc23921aeba75296163a68211

Just create an ad like this for your product and target the large fashion pages and bloggers on facebook. Make sure to test many variations and find the the best performing ad.

Also read @JasonR thread on facebook advertising there is good resources there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stu_Hefner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Mar 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Contacted 30+ Bloggers with my affiliate program today , 1 reply back so far and shes interested.

)

What are you using to run your affiliate program?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
What are you using to run your affiliate program?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Shopify plugin -

So far no one officially a affiliate yet but, 2 people really interested.

Paid traffic ALMOST got me a sale - I got 1 signup and she even created an account and got to the pay page! I have her information and i'm either going to ask why she didn't buy or send a free shipping coupon. Maybe both? Really interested why she got so far - I tested her path myself and she made it all the way to the actual credit card info page, which is after you sign up and type in your address.

Back to grind ^ Will update/edit this post tonight as more stats come in.

32 hits so far (all paid) almost 1 conversion!!!

I also have 1 tip now for anyone with a retail product that needs pictures. Find bloggers relevant in your niche and offer them a free product for high quality pictures // them modeling it. Saves $80+ for a professional photographer and you get a free model WITH traffic coming from their blog. Just sent out a free watch for someone to do this.

-Update from today

82ish hits 0 conversions :/
mostly paid traffic

Here is a FB ad I tried

e2b310afe2b7ac71215d2ed086276d8fa7a5e6673d.png

Not converting :/

Twitter Followers: 50ish
Insta:50ish
pin: 5

4 Signed up for the coupon code for the free shipping. They have the coupon code but, don't buy - not sure what to e-mail them to get them to make the leap and buy?

0 sales today :(

Last edited:

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
Really need some help getting traffic if anyone has any ideas... I'm willing to try anything

Strive

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Really need some help getting traffic if anyone has any ideas... I'm willing to try anything

IIRC INSIDERS memberships are only 3 month and 1 yr subscriptions. However if @MJ DeMarco will allow it, I'll buy your first month of INSIDERS access so you can absorb the information there.

Think of it as a congratulations on your first sales.

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
IIRC INSIDERS memberships are only 3 month and 1 yr subscriptions. However if @MJ DeMarco will allow it, I'll buy your first month of INSIDERS access so you can absorb the information there.

Think of it as a congratulations on your first sales.

I don't think MJ would allow this but, I really appreciate the gesture. Says a lot about your character, thank you!

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
He will allow it! People have been angel gifting membership access already. Just @ him or someone (a mod) and I know they will help you get it done. Congrats on all the action taking! @Strive @Gale4rc

Strive

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
He will allow it! People have been angel gifting membership access already. Just @ him or someone (a mod) and I know they will help you get it done. Congrats on all the action taking! @Strive @Gale4rc

Thanks for the heads up! Can someone tag or PM the correct person as my attempt wasn't successful :p

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
Just figured out a huge opportunity around my e-commerce shop, completely changing strategy - May not update this thread for a couple days as I work on getting everything in place

Thanks again @Strive and everyone else who has given feedback/helped

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
Changed the homepage from flashy to a regular page and starting paid ads. Let's see how a completely different homepage does.

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
Update:

Ok so I've been torn between two different opportunities - One the watch biz which you see here and the second is basically listing stuff on ebay and trying to build a business like @Flyleaf

I've decided to just sell the remaining watches and move forward with the eBay opportunity which I will be updating on this thread.

The reason I can't do both is because I have to either upgrade my eBay membership so I can list more items OR import my next item for the watch business(I don't have enough money for both). I'm going with eBay because unlike the watch business, it has it's own market place and it's easier to understand and acquire customers.

I'm not 100% sure about my decision so if anyone thinks this is a bad choice let me know and i'll wait for any replies before I move forward and purchase the upgraded eBay seller membership.

Flyleaf

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,529%
Jan 2, 2013
Chicago Suburbs
Start with eBay, but build from there. Not just other channels but your own sites and your own businesses where you are the driver. My mistake early on was doing everything on eBay. It's like what MJ says, about someone being able to flip a switch and destroy your business. Always expand towards you being completely in control.

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
Ok so, I made a new website for the eBay venture today. (MSG me if you want to see it). And I upgraded to one of the most expensive eBay plans and listed almost 200 items which gave me a huge headache!

Going to take a break and put on a movie then get back to listing more items. My limit is 500 eBay listings and I want to hit that number in the next 2 days.

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
So I was going to try to take Etsy stores and list them on eBay but, I just found out most Etsy stores are on eBay and also very active by them sending me a legit copyright cease and desist order.... The site I made was http://gaintsy.com had a couple people actually sign up but, they were already selling on eBay so it's not really a legit opportunity that I thought it was.

Not sad about the idea being bad but, sucks that I wasted a week on it!

Back to growing the e-commerce shop........

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
Update:

I'm almost completely sold out of my second shipment of watches and i'm going to be adding another item (expanding) to my list..... It's very hard even though its generating cash because, I've always seen myself as someone who makes products not imports and sells them. The lack of motivation is real but, i'm slowly coming around and focusing more and more on this venture.

Next item:

A necklace that fits most womens style, something simple.

Should cost around $1-5ea , and sell for $19.99

I Also closed my e-commerce shop and i'm going to be only using Etsy and driving traffic from other sources to that shop as I expand the line of products. When I get to around 5 products, or 10 sales a day minimum/avrg - I will open up a e-commerce shop again.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.