The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Taking it easy...

Anything related to matters of the mind

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
I too am coming out of a fog, or rather a miasma of shit. Really hits home knowing we all go through the same ringer. Whatever you want to call it, being comfortable, lazy, not motivated; it's all the same shit. Thanks for the post Vig, on point as usual.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Whatever you want to call it, being comfortable, lazy, not motivated; it's all the same shit.
Yep. Same shit, different reasons.

Being over 40...kind of a big deal for a lot of us men. We realize we have less life in front of us than we have behind us. This is tough guys, really. It's not like, "Oh, just F'n snap out of it." Doesn't work like that.

I can give you you guys over 40 some advice in one area that I feel most healthy men should take advantage of. Have your Dr. check your testosterone levels :eek: . Oh yea...And no I'm not selling any :facepalm: . If it's low, like it is with most over 40, and if all else is good, he'll fix you up and you will feel fantastic. There are a lot of benefits. And no, you don't have to work out. If you do, great. If not, you may feel like it.

Anyway girls. That's all I got.

I really hope you figure this out @Vigilante.

Rudy_G

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 21, 2014
Trenton, New Jersey
I am just coming out of somewhat of a fog.

My business is good by most people's measurements.

Not by mine.

In a private discussion amongst friends very early in 2014, I set out to achieve a 300% multiplier to my year over year business. "There are no limits," I said. "Nobody can stop me," I said. "20% growth is bullshit," I said.

However, I proceeded to do nothing to achieve the 300% increase trajectory. I am not on pace to hit the BIG numbers and big talk I started out the year with. See, because it was just talk and did not accompany big action.

I did the same things I did in 2013, and hoped for different results. We're 1/4th of the way through the year, and I am on pace for a nominal (20%) increase. I have taken some little baby steps faking at significant change, but in reality you reap what you sew. I should be expecting the same results, because I didn't do anything differently. Other than talk, and tell others how THEY should be driving results.

I am calling myself out for bullshit. Yes, the income is still passive. Yes, I can still sit on the beach when I want to. But... the thrill is gone. The thrill is gone because I am not driving. Harder. Faster. The things I tell OTHERS to do. My advice is spot on about how to climb mountains... I am just sitting in an easy chair as I tell others how to become great.

So, about a few weeks ago I got off my a$$. New ideas. New products. New initiatives. It all comes flowing.

I was sitting back, taking it easy, and letting the world happen around me, instead of happening to the world. Life gives you what you deserve some times. What I deserve(d) was nominal growth.

Nobody is beating down my door to buy me out. I really don't want them too yet. The multiple would be too low.

So, build. Press harder. There are no limits, other than your own (and my own) sorry a$$. I am guilty of taking things easy lately. Guilty of accepting the status quo. Guilty, having achieved a certain level of success, of believing my own bullshit.

Time to build.
I am guilty of this too my friend. All talk and no walk. I've just been collecting so much information, learning so much, and haven't truly devoted my time to executing one idea or following a path. However that's all going to change now. I want to try, i want new, i want excitement! Action is the main ingredient of change and self discipline is the main ingredient of action.

As someone once said "If you cannot focus and you cannot concentrate, then you will have to work for someone who will make you focus and concentrate." That's the main reason jobs and managers exist! Because people can't trust themselves to work for their own direct benefit, so they have to work for another who's gonna be watching over shoulder to make sure you stay in line, make sure you show up to work, make sure your spending your time wisely and doing your job, etc. How ridiculous is that? The price to pay for wealth and riches is making yourself do what you want to do most, its such an easy step that only comes as easy to those who truly TRULY want it. Its so free most of us don't even take it.

As id tell my friends, if you wanted the light on, you'd get up to flick the switch, if you wanted a drink, you'd get a cup, go to the machine, and get a drink. You wouldn't just sit around wishing for it to happen. This is no different, and with the help and guidance of this forum and its amazing people, THERE IS NO excuse.

Last edited:

LibertyForMe

Habits pave the path to success.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 5, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
So I was thinking about this thread as I listened to the beginning of this song:

Talks about feeling tired, weak, and wanting to give up. But then you have to find your inner strength and not give up no matter how bad you want to. I thought quitting can be synonymous with being lazy and 'taking it easy;.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Every plateau is actually an overhang

hanging-off-cliff.jpg

Legendary precision
Has gotta cut through the cr#p
So you can see the monster, and stick a finger in his eye, and shake